I'm reading the writing on the wall, China

Chinese spydercos and byrd bnives are of pretty good quality,but way overpriced where i live with shipping,import etc.

My neighbor saw my Spyderco's and decided to buy a couple of Cara Cara 2's. He is very unhappy with them and is sending them back. I feel bad because he asked me about them and I have seen some positive reviews on them so I said they were definitely worth the money. He didn't like the blade play or the blade not falling freely. Except for the blade play I think he is expecting too much from them. He calls then gas station knives lol. I think he is remembering a PM 2 he had years ago or some of mine he looked at. Sure price is important but I would not want these for free. I pay the price or wait until I can, but I can see these appealing to some OP.

My neighbor saw my Spyderco's and decided to buy a couple of Cara Cara 2's. He is very unhappy with them and is sending them back. I feel bad because he asked me about them and I have seen some positive reviews on them so I said they were definitely worth the money. He didn't like the blade play or the blade not falling freely. Except for the blade play I think he is expecting too much from them. He calls then gas station knives lol. I think he is remembering a PM 2 he had years ago or some of mine he looked at. Sure price is important but I would not want these for free. I pay the price or wait until I can, but I can see these appealing to some OP.
Interesting i used to collect byrd knives and havent experienced any of the issues you mentioned. I have a SE hawkbill that i did a bladeswap to a blue frn handle and it drops freely almost too easily. Unfortunately many budget knives are crossed with QC issues and there isnt one knife under $30 that you wont come across QC issues at some point.

Not sure why people buy cheap products and then are shocked when those products are made cheaply. Imagine that!

If there are any knives that dont live up to your standards, feel free to send them my way. Id never turn down a free knife!

For the price of two budget knives, he could've gotten the real deal. Weird.

Back