iMamba Thumb Opening?

Lenny

Gold Member
Hello all.
I'm seriously considering purchasing a non-flipper iMamba on washers.
Just not a fan of flipper knives.
I was wondering how easy it is to either thumb flick or thumb roll the blade open.
My middle finger just isn't strong enough to do the Spydie flick.
Also wondering if anybody could speak to the edge holding of the RWL34 steel.
Thanks all

Hello all.
I'm seriously considering purchasing a non-flipper iMamba on washers.
Just not a fan of flipper knives.
I was wondering how easy it is to either thumb flick or thumb roll the blade open.
My middle finger just isn't strong enough to do the Spydie flick.
Also wondering if anybody could speak to the edge holding of the RWL34 steel.
Thanks all
I really want to see how the RWL34 holds up. I made the decision to ONLY carry my all titanium Imamba. So far opening packaging and cutting up cardboard. Without sharpening, I just cut up 6 1/2 pounds of pork. It’s a laser. My wife couldn’t believe how fast and how sharp it is. I am so impressed with this knife so far. I will continue to use without sharpening until I feel it is unsafe, only then will I dress the edge. Great job Bernard brothers.

I have many, many knives. Of all that I have, seriously, this is the cats meow. I haven’t pushed it for the first scratch, but I almost can’t wait. Then, all bets are off and it will be used for everything. This is the first SHINY blade that I have, hopefully it will age well after hard use like I have 🤣

I just ordered a Plain Jane non flipper version direct from Arno Bernard.
They have a "skeletonized" thumb cutout now so I went for that version.
Ship in Sept.
I absolutely can't wait.

View attachment 2251426
I just ordered my first AB yesterday. I went non flipper with the elforyn. After seeing your pic I think im gonna ask if they will do the skeletonized hole on mine too.

My wife broke down and let me know she ordered one of these for me for our 25th... I am so excited I can't wait. She ordered me the flipper version with the warthog tusk. Holy moly!!! September batch I think/hope.

I wish she had the option to make the skeletonized fuller, but africansportingcreations.com did not give her the option.

Last edited:
My wife broke down and let me know she ordered one of these for me for our 25th... I am so excited I can't wait. She ordered me the flipper version with the warthog tusk. Holy moly!!! September batch I think/hope.

I wish she had the option to make the skeletonized fuller, but africansportingcreations.com did not give her the option.
Brace yourself. You are about to be thoroughly impressed. Special wife, special knife.

You have to order directly from Arno Bernard for the skeletonized fuller.

Brace yourself. You are about to be thoroughly impressed. Special wife, special knife.

I am truly excited for a $600 knife, prolly makes people who aren't fans of knives laugh their balls off.
You have to order directly from Arno Bernard for the skeletonized fuller.

I figured... hey, wait a second... I just thought of something... maybe a second one would be awesome!

I don't prefer to fling open my knife in most places, it's fun at home but at work and around people who are not 'knife people', it can be intimidating for them.

So I added a thumb stud to my iMamba, this is an excellent addition to an excellent knife. PXL_20230609_015109462.MP.jpgPXL_20230609_015056221.MP.jpgI posted this in another AB thread, apologies if this is old news.

I don't prefer to fling open my knife in most places, it's fun at home but at work and around people who are not 'knife people', it can be intimidating for them.

So I added a thumb stud to my iMamba, this is an excellent addition to an excellent knife. View attachment 2263254View attachment 2263255I posted this in another AB thread, apologies if this is old news.

Is it not possible to slow roll it open using the notch?

Back