iMamba Thumb Opening?

Is it not possible to slow roll it open using the notch?

Not with my semi-functional thumb 👍

I can do the middle finger reverse flick, but like I said it can make the engineers flinch and cringe. Thumb stud allows me to open slowly and controlled for my environment.

These knives are super smooth, they will open with ease. Sometimes too easy.

-JB

Flicking is no problem for me. Scares the shit out of the new hire engineers I have to work with.

Slow roll fires up arthritis in my thumb, pressing and rotating is no bueno.

To each his own. Gotta work with what you got.

-JB

Once broken in, the thumb roll is super smooth on my flipper with washers.

Not with my semi-functional thumb 👍

I can do the middle finger reverse flick, but like I said it can make the engineers flinch and cringe. Thumb stud allows me to open slowly and controlled for my environment.

These knives are super smooth, they will open with ease. Sometimes too easy.

-JB
Tell the engineers to grow a pair! Then again I work with structural guys that appreciate a quality tool 😁

They would have to run back up to their office and run some 'calcs'.

Then call the manufacturer of the most obsolete, unobtanium 'pair' available that would be 6-8 weeks out.

More work than its worth. As usual. :rolleyes:
Luckily, my guys are more grounded in reality

Love the plain imambas, my next one will be just that, with the cut out blade. The 2 i have now are far and away my favorite knives, being leagues ahead of all of the rest of them in ergonomics and fit and finish (including multiple CRKs) except for my shiros, which i find the Bernards to be EVERY BIT the equal of. And far better to deal with as a company

My wife broke down and let me know she ordered one of these for me for our 25th... I am so excited I can't wait. She ordered me the flipper version with the warthog tusk. Holy moly!!! September batch I think/hope.

I wish she had the option to make the skeletonized fuller, but africansportingcreations.com did not give her the option.
I just had my 20th. Didn’t get a blade. I’ll hold thumbs and drop hints for 5 years hence.

Love the plain imambas, my next one will be just that, with the cut out blade. The 2 i have now are far and away my favorite knives, being leagues ahead of all of the rest of them in ergonomics and fit and finish (including multiple CRKs) except for my shiros, which i find the Bernards to be EVERY BIT the equal of. And far better to deal with as a company
I haven’t had a Sebenza for over a decade. All this iMamba talk’s getting me keen to hold a CRK again. Might just splurge in the next while when I find one. No way I’m waiting 48 months for delivery. Last ones I bought were ordered direct and almost no waiting list. Maybe a couple of months back then in 2010. How things change. We’ll blame Fauci.

Cool thanks. I’m just st waiting on my cutout PJ non-flipper on PB washers version to be sent from RSA. Looking forward to it. I like a smooth slow roll.
I’ve got the same one coming also. I just received the email that says it is being assembled. I’m a lefty and figured the cutout would work the same for left or right.

I think you’re right. I’m very comfortable with Spyderco opening. After decades of collecting they just feel the best for my hands of all the opening types I’ve tried. I’m expecting happiness out of the cut-out iMamba. Mine was delivered late last year. But my friend has yet to send it with some other stash from South Africa. I’m learning patience.

Last edited:
I just broke down and ordered A PJ flipper on washers with the old style fuller. I cannot say I'm a fan of the skeletonized blade though it might be better for most buyers. Both the mothership and the US dealer were able to offer me the old style blade*, but the mothership had faster delivery. Still ~4 weeks out or so.

*You have to special request it.

I just broke down and ordered A PJ flipper on washers with the old style fuller. I cannot say I'm a fan of the skeletonized blade though it might be better for most buyers. Both the mothership and the US dealer were able to offer me the old style blade*, but the mothership had faster delivery. Still ~4 weeks out or so.

This is great news.
I was really hoping that they would still offer the older fuller upon special request. I much prefer it, and am eyeing an inlaid model to go w/ my PJ at some point soon.

I’ve found the Bernard people very accommodating if you chat directly with them. Lovely people to deal with.

Back