Photos Impofu ...... The beauty of the beast

i am still waiting on my knife... I would NOT recommend this crk dealer where I found the knife at....

I will try to post some pics later..... I was lucky to find the knife but there are a few minor marks in the cerakote probably from the dealer showing the knife to customers but it will not be a safe queen if I should decide to keep it for my personal use.

CPM 3V is a high toughness, wear-resistant tool steel made by the Crucible Particle Metallurgy process. It is designed to provide maximum resistance to breakage and chipping in a high wear-resistance steel. It offers impact resistance greater than A2, D2, Cru-Wear, or CPM M4, approaching the levels provided by S7 and other shock resistant grades. CPM 3V is intended to be used at 58/60 HRC in applications where chronic breakage and chipping are encountered in other tool steels, but where the wear properties of a high alloy steel are required.

is CPM 3V considered to be a stainless steel?

I have a number of knives in CPM 3V and none of them has ever had even a speck of rust. But as with all my knives, I wipe them down after use and apply a thin coat of oil (Ballistol) for storage. Don't store a knife in a leather sheath for long periods. Of course, if you try hard enough, you can make any steel rust.

CRK referred to it as stainless when they introduced the impofu on their website... other reviews have referred to it as semi stainless... Thanks for the tip on the ballistol... i will get some

Today in the forest...

crud_impofu_web.jpg

Great job!!
It looks like It came that way!!
Which they should’ve have.

Beautiful blade, and quite impressive.

Not so sure about “The King” reference, though...I think the BK9 Becker boys would willingly debate you on that one, KC :)

Just a beautiful blade. I was finally able to snag a 2nd one this year. I like it so much I had to have 2....lol.

Back