In Memorium - Bill Martino and Rusty Slate

Deleted per numerous requests because it offended the ones who love Uncle Bill and Rusty

Josh Feltman said:
You desecrate their memory with your very presence, Cade.

I agree Josh.

Nep said:
th_k_crying8.gif

Everyday I come here wishing deep down it was but a bad dream! And Uncle Bill will be here. As well as Rusty....

Yep, post deleted, now stay gone. The next time there will be no mercy shown!!!!:mad:

I am new to this forum and fairly new to web forums of any kind. For the most part it is well behaved or is it better to say mature . I sense a feeling of family here and that it is not my place to intrude . I am still a visitor here . As it is the respect I feel is more a result of how others are showing their respect than what I can feel myself . From what I have heard of him and from what he has written he must have been quite a man .It is hard for a man to care for others in a time when it is becoming more common to think of oneself first, last and always .

As some will remember I am really an Inf. COL., tactical call sign, ghost six.
I too will die soon from Dioxin. They should have irradiateted the prostate bed.
I suppose that this will get me kicked off the forum again. They should pick upon someone who cares.
I have not had the time to visit or to be outrageous. It was fun while it lasted.
It is hard to believe that so much time has passed.
Knife Forums never kicked me off.
Earl Stewert started this idea. He went down in flames.
The fights between Mad Dog and Cliff Stamp are just a memory now.
I do not remember who I was fighting with.
Let us drink a toast to Uncle Bill and Rusty.
I gave Bill that name.
You can find the thread.

Bill would just send me a knife and say pay what you think it is worth.
After a bit of horse trading we would agree on a price.
When I was first diagnosed with cancer Bill and Yang du prayed for me and sent me holy things.
Who would say that it did not help?

munk said:
Reflections are welcome from everyone.

That is kind of you Munk.
If I am banned again, I have no wish to re-register.
I just wanted all to know from whom this is coming.
Bill suggested warlock6.

Warlock6 said:
As some will remember I am really an Inf. COL., tactical call sign, ghost six.

Welcome back, my friend.

Bill was right about beating you, no?

If you reach the doorway before I do be sure to say "hi" to Bill and Rusty.

You can chuckle about the horse trading. I bet Bill was the only guy you had to bargain up the price with.

I horse trade with the phone co, Howard. I win concessions. I have a free modem and a free mo, of DSL. My neighbor did not ask and pd. $50. for the modem and no slack,
Bill would say" pay me what you think it worth." He never set a price. I asked for something and he sent it.
So now I need to find the flaws. Bill remembered. Kamies being who they are, you are not going to get what you ordered. Some of the results were comical,
I paid him good money, but at one point he offered it on the plains, as rhe Pawnee would say. N/C.
I paid him anyway, but it was a poor piece. It is being snowed upon as we speak.
I gave Bill the Uncle call sign.
I am sure that he is looking after me. I can get into enough trouble for three people. And I am a Marshal.

I am a Zen. Bill is Tibet. Zen is more interesteted in "winning", We fight, and we wish to win those fights, We will go to any lengths to do it.
The option is unacceptable.
I paid Bill more then they were worth, but he sent me things for free.
Sacred things.
Yandu and Bill prayed for me when I had cancer.

Did Bill beat me? Yes; but I allowed him to do it. I don`t think that Granpa or Dad would disown me.

Howard Wallace said:
Welcome back, my friend.

Bill was right about beating you, no?

If you reach the doorway before I do be sure to say "hi" to Bill and Rusty.

You can chuckle about the horse trading. I bet Bill was the only guy you had to bargain up the price with.

Thanks for reminding me Howard. I answered Bill.
He will know.
We do not really die. We pass on.

I'm sorry to say that I had very little contact with Bill, most of it either via email or forums, but he always seemed ready to help with a laugh and a joke regardless how stupid or inane the question seamed to be.

He seemed like a gentleman in the truest sense of the word and it's a pleasure to have crossed his path if even for only a few steps of his long journey.

I still have both of the 1st generation 15" AKs I bought from Bill almost 10 years ago. The internet was a new thing to me at the time and these were the first purchases I made based on information from 'the void' of the internet. The transactions with Bill were an affirmation that there are sometimes real folks of integrity behind the websites, forum posts, etc. Since then I have made countless transactions over 'the void' and have had a few close calls, but havent been burned so far. Uncle Bill helped paved the road for that trust. A side benefit was following the occasional online entertainment here at the forums amongst wisemen, jokers, etc.

I dont post much anymore, my moniker has changed, as has my life. But from the darkness of an insane past I can remember an occasional light in the e-mails from Bill, Rusty, Yvsa, et al. I am happy to see The chief here still.

From a navigator in the winds of change do greetings of passage go forth to a few I still remember.

Wow, I stumbled in here via the HI FAQ's from a quick Khukuri seach.
I was so impressed with the thoughtful and thorough information there, and hoped to e-mail Bill and ask him about my Panawal Angkhola (I think it's one of these, anyway).

Sadly I happened on this thread.
Missed not only Bill, but another great (Rusty) too.

Actually, I can feel how repected and admired these blokes were, from what everyone has written here, so maybe there's another side to this than the sad part.
They touched others and left a legacy. Not many can say that in their lifetime.

Best wishes to all who have been touched by their presence and loss.

Regards,
Les

It seems like forever ago, I wandered across a link to Himalayan Imports and spent forever trying to get a "special" off this board from Bill. We traded emails and I finally got a knife. Bill sent in before I could send the check.

It was a friendly and honorable way to do business and I liked it and bought two more knives.

Belated condolences and prayers.

I've scanned through this several times since I joined last summer,didn't want to just post a "gee I'm sorry" kind of thing,so now-finally I'll post what I think I can say to fit how I feel.

Bill and Rusty were characters hn?...seems to have rubbed off on the lifers-a good thing.

Humans are funny..we get so sad at death,but...does death really exsist? I tend to think not,true we leave our bodies behind,but we go on forever so in most ways I think Bill and Rusty are still here-and always will be.It shows in the good folk they trained to be here in their place.

So I'm glad to be here,and I'll be staying for long as I'm breathing,Bill;Rusty great place you got here I know you're probably looking down at us and I want to say-Thanks.

-Krull-

Back