Indispensable...

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Of course, I can well imagine that any one might be considered indispensable for one reason or another...but which is the one truly indispensable CPK in your collection...whether for its broad utility or simply because it resonates so strongly with you?

As a relative newcomer to the faithful, I'm curious what the old hands have to say in this regard. (Besides, I'll enjoy seeing your picks.)

One knife. No cheating.

Nobody said it would be easy.

I've tried almost all of the CPK knives and it all boils down to my very first and favorite knife, the HDFK.

bQVTMbv.jpg

One knife? That is ridiculous. Now if you let me pick TWO . . .

OK. I have to go with my EDC2 over the Potato Knife (see how I cheated without cheating) because although I use the Potato Knife more than any other, I have other kitchen knives I can use instead, but I have no other small fixed blade nearly as good as my EDC2 that I can carry on my belt loop everywhere I go.

I don't think I have a picture. I'll have to see if I can find my yellow microfiber cloth and then I can take one.

As a relative newcomer to the faithful, I'm curious what the old hands have to say in this regard. (Besides, I'll enjoy seeing your picks.)

As you know, my membership in this club is only a couple of weeks older than yours. :)

Still, so far - for where I live - I'd have to say the FK1. The Kephart comes close though.

I'm gonna have to go with my K18 when it gets here...there's a lot of other knives that could handle the same chores as my other CPKs but when it comes to zombies or buckets of gravel there can be only one🤷‍♂️😂

imagejpeg_0(23)~2.jpg

imagejpeg_0(22).jpg

Let's try to keep on topic...

Either in your possession or enroute. Even though, in truth, a knife enroute, like my recently purchased HDFK, can't be judged from afar.

Otherwise, we'll end up having to cull posts.

I want it to be my HDFK
But in my reality it is the EDC2 (any of the EDC’s). I carry it daily and use it a lot. I flew down to Florida and only took a carry on for luggage. So no knife. Three days of work and I must have reached for my EDC fifteen times a day.
It was horrible.0E57B6D2-E0CB-46DD-B094-5A80D1E8FE10.jpeg

Last edited:
Back