Inkosi or Zaan? (From Long Time Users)

I now have all three the inkosi, umnumzaan and large 21. The umnumzaan is still top dog. But I'm finding the large 21 insingo is a beast for wiring. Wonder it CRK with ever do a umnumzaan insingo. I'd be all over that.

Hi South paw draw - just curious, why do you consider the Umnumzaan better than the Inkosi and Sebenza 21?

I'm still waiting for my first CRK...the WC Inkosi. Only nine more days (give or take) until it's release. Already planning for my next and eyeing the Umnumzaan.

I now have all three the inkosi, umnumzaan and large 21. The umnumzaan is still top dog. But I'm finding the large 21 insingo is a beast for wiring. Wonder it CRK with ever do a umnumzaan insingo. I'd be all over that.
The Insingo really stands out for stripping cable

Hi South paw draw - just curious, why do you consider the Umnumzaan better than the Inkosi and Sebenza 21?

I'm still waiting for my first CRK...the WC Inkosi. Only nine more days (give or take) until it's release. Already planning for my next and eyeing the Umnumzaan.
To be totally honest I cant put my finger on why I like the umnumzaan better. The inkosi I have cost more so I should like it more but the umnumzaan just has a better "feel" and imho more " let's do this" roughness look to it. That and it was the first lefty I picked up. Had a large 21 righty 4-5 years ago. Liked it and sold it to buy a lefty but never found one to follow throw with. Dont get me wrong. I have all three and I want so many more. Selling of most my collection to make that happen.

They are all really great knives. I think the Umnumzaan has a bit more traction on the handle if you are comparing it with a plain Large Inkosi. Add inlays and it's roughly the same. I think it depends on a number of preferences, like how the pocket clip sits off the lockbar on the Inkosi.

Personally, I've started pocketing the Umnumzaan a little more. Switching it up is fun.

Back