Inserting pics from phone to Bladeforums.

DerekH

Handsome According to my Mother
Currently, I spend very little time on my desktop computer, and very little on my laptop. Almost all my forum time is done from my phone, and I didn't have a good way of getting pics from one place to the other. Until now.

Forewarning, I am on android device, no idea if this will work on an iphone, but I think it should.

01. Download and install Imgur app to your device.
02. If you have a username for Imgur already, sign in, otherwise create one. Once signed in on the app it should stay signed in.
03. Take picture on device.
04. In Imgur app, click the camera icon to upload a new photo.
05. This will show your device's gallery. Select the image you are wanting to upload.
06. It will then require you to add a title to the image. Do so.
07. Select post when complete. (I haven't messed with public vs private yet, so don't know if you will have that option. I will test in a bit.)
08. Click the person icon. This will take you to your profile and allow you to see all your pics.
09. Scroll until you find the pic you want to see. (It appears that most recent are at the top, so it shouldn't take too much scrolling to find.)
10. Click the pic.
11. Once pic is blown up, tap and hold on the pic.
12. This brings up options, select "Share Direct Link". (This copies the link directly to your device's clipboard.)
13. Navigate your phone's web browser to Bladeforums.
14. In the post or new thread you want to add the image to, in the text entry box (where you type all your stuff) and click the picture icon in that box.
15. This pops up the IMG url box. Paste the link into there.
16. Select "Insert".
17. Complete your post, or rinse and repeat to add further images.

I will at some point get pics together to add to this for the different steps (unless someone else wants to. I broke it down to a pretty fine granularity, it really isn't as complicated as it looks from the instructions.

Is the forum back on Tapatalk yet?
It was so simple uploading pictures directly from the phone and not needing a hosting site.
I use Imgur as well and use a combo of the app and their online site for uploading.
The app gets a little difficult sometimes so thanks for the details!

Currently, I spend very little time on my desktop computer, and very little on my laptop. Almost all my forum time is done from my phone, and I didn't have a good way of getting pics from one place to the other. Until now.

Forewarning, I am on android device, no idea if this will work on an iphone, but I think it should.

01. Download and install Imgur app to your device.
02. If you have a username for Imgur already, sign in, otherwise create one. Once signed in on the app it should stay signed in.
03. Take picture on device.
04. In Imgur app, click the camera icon to upload a new photo.
05. This will show your device's gallery. Select the image you are wanting to upload.
07. Select post when complete. (I haven't messed with public vs private yet, so don't know if you will have that option. I will test in a bit.)
08. Click the person icon. This will take you to your profile and allow you to see all your pics.
09. Scroll until you find the pic you want to see. (It appears that most recent are at the top, so it shouldn't take too much scrolling to find.)
10. Click the pic.
11. Once pic is blown up, tap and hold on the pic.
12. This brings up options, select "Share Direct Link". (This copies the link directly to your device's clipboard.)
13. Navigate your phone's web browser to Bladeforums.
14. In the post or new thread you want to add the image to, in the text entry box (where you type all your stuff) and click the picture icon in that box.
15. This pops up the IMG url box. Paste the link into there.
16. Select "Insert".
17. Complete your post, or rinse and repeat to add further images.

I will at some point get pics together to add to this for the different steps (unless someone else wants to. I broke it down to a pretty fine granularity, it really isn't as complicated as it looks from the instructions.

this is helpful. i use Imgur. but did not know about this app

The app was giving me fits earlier this weekend. The first link I found to copy must have been to the post in imgur and not the picture. Once I grabbed the picture URL and nestled it in a nice little set of IMG tags it was good to go.

Is the forum back on Tapatalk yet?
It was so simple uploading pictures directly from the phone and not needing a hosting site.
I use Imgur as well and use a combo of the app and their online site for uploading.
The app gets a little difficult sometimes so thanks for the details!

Bladeforums won't work on Tapatalk for the foreseeable future, it's already an adaptive website that works quite well on mobile devices, and Tapatalk has plenty of issues on the back end that messes with the site, so Tapatalk connectivity never got added to the site and probably won't be added.

I have found imgur app super easy to upload pics, but only sometimes to post to forums.
Maybe they've updated - will try again - but sometimes the "direct link" wouldn't be the IMG link necessary. Occasionally it would be the PIC, and sometimes an HTML.
So I upload from phone, but link from PC.
Like you said, not too complicated.
You CAN save 'em Private and share on the forum. My preferred method, for sure.

Here is one way how to upload your large pics from an iPhone/iPad that are too large for BF without using 3rd party software or image hosting sites.....

Do a screen capture of your image (with the black borders surrounding your image) by pressing the Home button and the power button on the upper right top of your iPad/iPhone.
Go to the new image and Edit the image by cropping out the excess black borders (the icon between the trashcan and the word Details).
On Blade Forums, press Upload an Image under your post box. Look into your Photo Library -> Camera Roll. Select new image you just cropped. It will upload to BF.
After it has uploaded select the button Full Image in BF under your post text for it to display in our post as a large image.

You now have a lower resolution image in less than a minute without any 3rd party software or image hosting sites.

Your welcome,
low rez

IMG_2510.jpg IMG_2511.jpg IMG_2512.jpg

Unless you want your Imgur albums to be able to be publicly viewed, it is actually unnecessary to make your uploaded picture or album Public. You can select Private and then there is no need to create a title for your album or individual pic.

I only use the Private option, for the following reasons:
  1. I don't have to think about giving my picture or album a title, hence making for a quicker upload.
  2. I pretty much use Imgur strictly for posting here and due to that, my pictures are usually knife and/or outdoor related. That being said, I still do not necessarily want my Imgur content to be used in Imgur's social media platform. Making your content Public does that so people can find your stuff, "upvote it", and comment on it accordingly. I came to these forums and discovered that this has been a wonderful alternative to other social media outlets, I have no desire to add another into the mix that I will have to manage.
Imgur is a pretty simple and efficient means to upload, store, and share your photos, especially if you use your mobile device to take pictures. With that said though, I have to agree with @The Warrior's thoughts regarding it, it is rather awful for organization. My content is growing to a point where organization is definitely going to become necessary in the not so distant future.

Not sure if it would work since I don't use social media but for those who have instagram or don't it's pretty easy to set up I know the imgur app is kind of lacking vs using the site, I remember it was very easy to upload to when I did use it (IG) and then possibly linking to said images may be easier than through a "host" though you wouldn't have the ability to create albums

Here is one way how to upload your large pics from an iPhone/iPad that are too large for BF without using 3rd party software or image hosting sites.....

Do a screen capture of your image (with the black borders surrounding your image) by pressing the Home button and the power button on the upper right top of your iPad/iPhone.
Go to the new image and Edit the image by cropping out the excess black borders (the icon between the trashcan and the word Details).
On Blade Forums, press Upload an Image under your post box. Look into your Photo Library -> Camera Roll. Select new image you just cropped. It will upload to BF.
After it has uploaded select the button Full Image in BF under your post text for it to display in our post as a large image.

You now have a lower resolution image in less than a minute without any 3rd party software or image hosting sites.

Your welcome,
low rez

View attachment 763907 View attachment 763908 View attachment 763909
Awesome Bro...thanks for sharing!!!:D

ixIYBZn.jpg
Test

Seem to have trouble attaching images with the iPad. Anyway, to the Becker folks here, greetings from a Cold Steel knife bro! :)

I’ve yet to add to acquire a Becker knife, hehe.

Seem to have trouble attaching images with the iPad. Anyway, to the Becker folks here, greetings from a Cold Steel knife bro! :)

I’ve yet to add to acquire a Becker knife, hehe.
No time like the present. Check out the BK18. :)

Back