Interesting Knife Uses

Can't say I'm very creative, but as @dirc said, using the spine to create tinder. Obviously your knife has to have a sharp spine. The Rat knives have very sharp spines!

Well, it was the closest thing I had on hand that I felt had the fineness to get the job done, so I just used my pointy wharncliffe neck knife to help me change my watch battery. Worked perfectly for prying up that tiny little bit of metal strapping holding the battery down. Then it turns out that was the light battery, not the motion battery, and all along I could have pried out the whole light battery housing for easy access to the motion battery. So that's what I did, and then I didn't need anything to pry out the watch battery, it just fell out. But then after reassembling it all with the new battery, the light would no longer work. So I open it up again and poked around with the wharncliffe until I got the contacts back in place for the light battery, and now all is well once again. Kudos to the online seller who sent me the two watch batteries for $1.99 and got them here within mere days of my placing the order. I should be good for another few years now.

IMG_9764.JPG

Back