Interesting video on knife laws in NYC...ask a cop and go to jail!

What assine laws, who cares if you can flick a knife open, you can double hand open a knife just as fast without gravity, even if its slower, you are still opening a knife. What about fixed blades? Those are already opened, are they illegal there? I bet cops can carry any knife they want.

The reason these laws pass is because of an overly apathetic population. Its the patriots duty to enforce the constitution, and rights are rights egardless if the state wants to take those rights or not.

Patriots in all states must defend the weak and challenge the government on their unconstitutional laws.

This is directed to all states, and all types of dumb laws. Don't be apathetic, don't accept it as " that's the way it is", because that attitude is how we got here in the first place.
Its not about..oh the law needs to change, its about patriots demanding the law be changed to coincide with the constitution and bill of rights. Demand and protect your freedom and rights.
I know, and I agree! Join Knife Rights!
I didn't spend 10 military, 10 LE and another 20 as an underpaid special ed teacher to have a snowflake say Im a bad guy cause I like the BM Grip my wife got me!

NYCPD claimed a CCW was PC, and illegally searched.

Pro tip:
Having a CCW is NOT probable cause for a search. Even in NYC.

The judge agreed, the case was tossed out based on an illegal search.

You should read more.

Constitutional rights don't stop at the NY City limits, and excercising them is not grounds for corrupt LEO to violate them.

Why would you tell me to "read more"??? when the FIRST thing I started off saying was that I didn't have time to read it... ??
LOL at your "pro tip"... relax bud... the only thing your a pro at is hating on NYC
:poop:

Excercising your legal right are not grounds for an illegal search.

Violating the rights of law abiding citizens isn't LEOs job.

There are plenty of real crimes being committed that police resources could be better focused on.

But then again, maybe law abiding NYC residents aren't responsible enough to be trusted with pocket knives.

"Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under the omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C.S. Lewis

Who said violating the rights was a LEOS job??? NOBODY you are implying that its happening (which it is not)

"real crimes" ..? Listen dude... carrying a knife IS ILLEGAL IN NYC.... PERIOD! especially if it is clipped and visible in plain view...
(there are a few knives that are not illegal, but also HAVE TO BE COMPLETELY CONCEALED...

I don't understand what you are having such a hard time understanding???
sure you dont need to agree with how the situation is and you can have your opinion on it... but this is the way the people here want it to be... you dont live here so why do you have such a hard on for it...?

L8r alligator!

Last edited:
What assine laws, who cares if you can flick a knife open, you can double hand open a knife just as fast without gravity, even if its slower, you are still opening a knife. What about fixed blades? Those are already opened, are they illegal there? I bet cops can carry any knife they want.

The reason these laws pass is because of an overly apathetic population. Its the patriots duty to enforce the constitution, and rights are rights egardless if the state wants to take those rights or not.

Patriots in all states must defend the weak and challenge the government on their unconstitutional laws.

This is directed to all states, and all types of dumb laws. Don't be apathetic, don't accept it as " that's the way it is", because that attitude is how we got here in the first place.

Its not about..oh the law needs to change, its about patriots demanding the law be changed to coincide with the constitution and bill of rights. Demand and protect your freedom and rights.

LOL, not sure if you understand this... but if you have spent ANY amount of time in NYC... you would understand that the VAST MAJORITY of people who live in NY do not carry a knife or wish to carry a knife on their person.... hence which is why they are okay with the laws that are in place... if the majority of the populous wanted the laws changed... they would be changed...

The people here are far more concerned with getting their $6 coffee from starbucks and grabbing the latest hype beast clothing or sneakers that are coming out that day... majority of people here dont camp, fish, or hunt... nor wish too...

and why shouldn't a police officer here be able to carry any knife they want..?? with their job they SHOULD be able to carry any knife they need to help them with their daily operations as a first responder....wouldn't make sense to allow them to carry a firearm and limit them in what knife they could carry..??? #make some sense

I know, and I agree! Join Knife Rights!
I didn't spend 10 military, 10 LE and another 20 as an underpaid special ed teacher to have a snowflake say Im a bad guy cause I like the BM Grip my wife got me!
...and "cops can carry any knife they want" (do anything they want) is just old fashioned cop hate. They may Need a knife to save your butt at an emergency...

LOL, not sure if you understand this... but if you have spent ANY amount of time in NYC... you would understand that the VAST MAJORITY of people who live in NY do not carry a knife or wish to carry a knife on their person.... hence which is why they are okay with the laws that are in place... if the majority of the populous wanted the laws changed... they would be changed...

The people here are far more concerned with getting their $6 coffee from starbucks and grabbing the latest hype beast clothing or sneakers that are coming out that day... majority of people here dont camp, fish, or hunt... nor wish too...

and why shouldn't a police officer here be able to carry any knife they want..?? with their job they SHOULD be able to carry any knife they need to help them with their daily operations as a first responder....wouldn't make sense to allow them to carry a firearm and limit them in what knife they could carry..??? #make some sense

No one wants to carry?
I've read that lie here twice.
No one forces anyone to carry.

If what you say is true, people would VOLUNTARILY not carry, and there would be no need for such laws.

I legally carry both a knife and a firearm.
I am a free man who lives in a still free state.
I am also a responsible law abiding adult.
You quoted the wrong member. I never said LEO shouldn't carry.
Lol.
I am extremely pro LEO.
I went shooting with our Chief of Police last week.:cool:
He's a close friend. He carries a Benchmade.
Here in a free state we support our LEOs, and they support us. They defend our rights, and we have their backs.

However when seconds count, cops are only minutes away.
In my case, closer to half an hour.
Our LEO understands reality, and suggests every law abiding citizens to carry.

What I said was, a CCW isn't Probable Cause for a search. The NYC Judge agreed. It's unconstitutional.
You should probably read that as well.

Do you understand what it takes to get a CCW? The LEO that searched the CCW holder understood, and proceeded to violate the man's rights.
That was illegal.
The judge also saw it that way.

NYC laws are only designed to disarm a law abiding populace.
Criminals don't obey laws.

Our rights are our rights whether the people around you want to have them or not.

I need a knife as much as a Cop does in my daily operations, and a gun. My self defense is just as important as anyone elses.

Your response doesn't really change anything it only cements my point that an apathetic population is easily controlled and could care less about their rights as long as it doesn't affect them, who cares? One day, they will care, but it will be too late.

...and "cops can carry any knife they want" (do anything they want) is just old fashioned cop hate. They may Need a knife to save your butt at an emergency...

Its not cop hate at all, it just points to the fact that only the overnment entities have a right to defend themselves and others? Don't I need a knife to defend myself or others when cops are not around?

The biggest problem I have with NY people is that they bring their attitudes and concepts with them when they abandon sunny NY for the frigid environs of Texas.

I carry dual fixed blades, along with dual folding knives on a daily basis. I recently retired as a Volunteer fireman/EMT after 29 years. (Texas Volunteer firemen DON'T get paid, unlike in some locations of the nation.) I also teach a variety of classes for several organizations.

In one of the classes I taught as a Master Gardener, I had this NYer in the class (on honeybees and their importance in gardening) repeatedly ask why I was carrying knives. During a break, she accosted me once again, saying "You can't carry knives like that in NYC."

My response was simple - "Thank God this is Texas and not NY."

Slow forward to 6 months later. I am teaching a class for the Central Texas Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging called "A Matter of Balance". (excellent course by the way for anyone over the age of 60 to help prevent falls). One of the students was the same dingbat from NY.

I knew that I knew her from some where but I couldn't remember where. During introductions, she made the comment that I had called her "obnoxious" during "a bee class". That statement, an obvious lie on her part since obnoxious isn't a word I use in general conversation - I tend to be less polite and call them dumbasses or worse. She was argumentative the whole class.

The next week she wasn't there and the coordinator came in before class and said that she (the NYer) had complained about my knives to the CTCOG administrator.

Guess what - I'm still teaching classes and she, well, thankfully, chose not to continue coming to the class, which is a good thing because she would not have liked it when (not if) I decided to strap on even bigger knives than what I usually carry just because.

This dingbat is NOT the first d-y with a negative attitude toward guns and knives I have encountered, just the most recent.

d-y types are not my favorite people.

THANK YOU! You sir have hit the nail on the head! Couldn't have said it better myself... :thumbsup:

No one wants to carry?
I've read that lie here twice.
No one forces anyone to carry.

If what you say is true, people would VOLUNTARILY not carry, and there would be no need for such laws.

I legally carry both a knife and a firearm.
I am a free man who lives in a still free state.
I am also a responsible law abiding adult.
You quoted the wrong member. I never said LEO shouldn't carry.
Lol.
I am extremely pro LEO.
I went shooting with our Chief of Police last week.:cool:
He's a close friend. He carries a Benchmade.
Here in a free state we support our LEOs, and they support us. They defend our rights, and we have their backs.

However when seconds count, cops are only minutes away.
In my case, closer to half an hour.
Our LEO understands reality, and suggests every law abiding citizens to carry.

What I said was, a CCW isn't Probable Cause for a search. The NYC Judge agreed. It's unconstitutional.
You should probably read that as well.

Do you understand what it takes to get a CCW? The LEO that searched the CCW holder understood, and proceeded to violate the man's rights.
That was illegal.
The judge also saw it that way.

NYC laws are only designed to disarm a law abiding populace.
Criminals don't obey laws.

You live in a place where it takes police 30 minutes to respond? and you think you have ANY REAL IDEA of NYC?
WOW...
You live in an ENTIRELY different place with a very very different type of people....

In NYC do you think the chief of police has time to go shooting with some guy!? LOL! no, he has REAL work to be doing...

Not sure where you live or what the population is there, but I'm guessing it isn't anything close to the 8-10 million people we have here living in NYC...

Please don't try to tell me the same laws will work in the same places, you literally are delusional if you think that is the case...

To finish off, I've lived in NYC for over 20 years at this point and can tell you in ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE MET, NOT 1 EVER CARRIED A KNIFE ON THEM.... People here just dont see a reason to carry a knife on them, the majority of the time it is gang members and criminals who have bad intentions that decide to walk out of their homes with a knife on them.

Police here dont take anywhere near 30 minutes to respond, you call 911 and you'll have both uniform and plain clothes officers on scene within 1-2 minutes. I can speak from experience...

You dont seem to realize that peoples views, culture, morals, ethics, change depending where they are located, here in NY views and everything else can be a WORLD APART from the views of your locality ... even though all the states are a part of the USA... the differences in some places are HUGE...
----I took a road trip from NY to CA, drove through countless states, and that is what gave me such an appreciation for exactly what I am talking about... The difference between the BIG CITIES and the small towns are NIGHT AND DAY... ridiculously different places....was interesting to see something I feel like everybody should be exposed too...

Our rights are our rights whether the people around you want to have them or not.

I need a knife as much as a Cop does in my daily operations, and a gun. My self defense is just as important as anyone elses.

Your response doesn't really change anything it only cements my point that an apathetic population is easily controlled and could care less about their rights as long as it doesn't affect them, who cares? One day, they will care, but it will be too late.

You are WRONG in saying "our rights are our rights whether the people around you want to have them or not".

Clearly you DO NOT understand the political system we have in place, and the way that laws are passed.
The laws we have in this city are ALLOWED to continue to be laws because the vast majority of the people WANT those laws in place....
You can have your knife on you all you want, but I'm curious where it is you live? Laws differ from place to place for MANY reasons NOT because you live in a "free state" ! (that always makes me LAUGH!) NY actually has MANY more freedoms than alot of places in the USA... Many not pertaining to a gun or a knife, but in other aspects of life (which there are many... as life goes beyond a gun and a knife)...

You might not like it, but the world dosn't revolve around you, and if you wish to live in NY there is a social contract that you must agree to live by...or you can get out! ;)

You live in a place where it takes police 30 minutes to respond? and you think you have ANY REAL IDEA of NYC?
WOW...
You live in an ENTIRELY different place with a very very different type of people....

In NYC do you think the chief of police has time to go shooting with some guy!? LOL! no, he has REAL work to be doing...

Not sure where you live or what the population is there, but I'm guessing it isn't anything close to the 8-10 million people we have here living in NYC...

Please don't try to tell me the same laws will work in the same places, you literally are delusional if you think that is the case...

To finish off, I've lived in NYC for over 20 years at this point and can tell you in ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE MET, NOT 1 EVER CARRIED A KNIFE ON THEM.... People here just dont see a reason to carry a knife on them, the majority of the time it is gang members and criminals who have bad intentions that decide to walk out of their homes with a knife on them.

Police here dont take anywhere near 30 minutes to respond, you call 911 and you'll have both uniform and plain clothes officers on scene within 1-2 minutes. I can speak from experience...

You dont seem to realize that peoples views, culture, morals, ethics, change depending where they are located, here in NY views and everything else can be a WORLD APART from the views of your locality ... even though all the states are a part of the USA... the differences in some places are HUGE...
----I took a road trip from NY to CA, drove through countless states, and that is what gave me such an appreciation for exactly what I am talking about... The difference between the BIG CITIES and the small towns are NIGHT AND DAY... ridiculously different places....was interesting to see something I feel like everybody should be exposed too...

I have walked this Earth for over half a century.

Average NYPD response time to a violent assault is over 10 minutes.
I'm sure you dont mind waiting while you are being robbed or you family killed.
My response time is a little over 1300fps.

I have lived in LA, San Diego, Atlanta, Tampa, and worked in Syracuse and Buffalo.
I'm familiar with city culture and apathy.
I couldn't wait to get back to rural GA.
You are correct. Night and day different.

Our Chief is one of us and communicates with the citizens, and can be more relaxed because we have ALOT less crime.
Know why?
Good law abiding citizens are armed.
It's a damn fine deterrent.
A home invasion here is suicicde, and the crooks know it.
Attacking a citizen with violence wont end well.

It's nice to know you trust your security to the same government that can't seem to balance a checkbook

The biggest problem I have with NY people is that they bring their attitudes and concepts with them when they abandon sunny NY for the frigid environs of Texas.

I carry dual fixed blades, along with dual folding knives on a daily basis. I recently retired as a Volunteer fireman/EMT after 29 years. (Texas Volunteer firemen DON'T get paid, unlike in some locations of the nation.) I also teach a variety of classes for several organizations.

In one of the classes I taught as a Master Gardener, I had this NYer in the class (on honeybees and their importance in gardening) repeatedly ask why I was carrying knives. During a break, she accosted me once again, saying "You can't carry knives like that in NYC."

My response was simple - "Thank God this is Texas and not NY."

Slow forward to 6 months later. I am teaching a class for the Central Texas Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging called "A Matter of Balance". (excellent course by the way for anyone over the age of 60 to help prevent falls). One of the students was the same dingbat from NY.

I knew that I knew her from some where but I couldn't remember where. During introductions, she made the comment that I had called her "obnoxious" during "a bee class". That statement, an obvious lie on her part since obnoxious isn't a word I use in general conversation - I tend to be less polite and call them dumbasses or worse. She was argumentative the whole class.

The next week she wasn't there and the coordinator came in before class and said that she (the NYer) had complained about my knives to the CTCOG administrator.

Guess what - I'm still teaching classes and she, well, thankfully, chose not to continue coming to the class, which is a good thing because she would not have liked it when (not if) I decided to strap on even bigger knives than what I usually carry just because.

This dingbat is NOT the first d-y with a negative attitude toward guns and knives I have encountered, just the most recent.

d-y types are not my favorite people.

Hilarious story man! I nearly laughed out loud in some parts...
Also 29 years of volunteer work!, wow... nice man! gratz.. that says a lot about you as a person! I applaud you.

I couldn't agree with you more! --- I would have told her the door is that way if she continued to bother you about it!
It's very similar to what is happening in this thread actually.... several individuals are bringing THEIR concepts AND attitudes to this thread when we are speaking about NY knife laws...

Meanwhile these people ARE NOT EVEN FROM NY and If i had to guess NEVER even visited NY... THATS the PROBLEM I HAVE with these individuals and why I am here responding to some of the nonsense that they continue to post...

For the record I would never to go another state and try to tell the natives what we do in NY as if they should as well, to me that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.... and if somebody came to NY telling us what they do out in the country....well this aint the country... so have fun trying to explain why the 10 million people who live literally on top of each other should have this or that... that you do out in the middle of nowhere a mile or 2 away from your closest neighbor.... IT JUST DOESN'T WORK...

But NYC DOES tell the rest of rural NY State what to do.
It forces it's laws on them.
NY State issued just under a million hunting lisc last season.

I understand. You probably wouldn't like the freedom of a small town.

Being responsible and free adults can be scary.

We prefer not to claw at things like little animals.
Being civilized, we use tools like knives to open things.
;)

I have walked this Earth for over half a century.

Average NYPD response time to a violent assault is over 10 minutes.
I'm sure you dont mind waiting while you are being robbed or you family killed.
My response time is a little over 1300fps.

I have lived in LA, San Diego, Atlanta, Tampa, and worked in Syracuse and Buffalo.
I'm familiar with city culture and apathy.
I couldn't wait to get back to rural GA.
You are correct. Night and day different.

Our Chief is one of us and communicates with the citizens, and can be more relaxed because we have ALOT less crime.
Know why?
Good law abiding citizens are armed.
It's a damn fine deterrent.
A home invasion here is suicicde, and the crooks know it.
Attacking a citizen with violence wont end well.

It's nice to know you trust your security to the same government that can't seem to balance a checkbook

Really? You are going to make the claim that THE SOLE reason for having less crime is that people are armed??? PLEASE PLEASE tell me your are JOKING! If not I am not sure if we can continue to converse about this....

GA has 10 million people living there... and is over 59,000 MILES of land

NYC has nearly 9 million people living there... and is MERELY 302 MILES of land ....

Not to mention NY is blue and GA is Red.... the differences between NY and GA are tremendous from the people, to the geographical area, to the beliefs, ect...ect... in GA I am sure people are raised around firearms, where as in NY they are not... they only see firearms in movies and on the news when a crime has occurred...

Also, you sir are a LIAR stating that the response time for an assault in NY is over 10 minutes... WHERE did you get this statistic? .... because the actual average response time in NY for an assault is just 4 minutes and change. Which is also usually shorter as that time is taken from when the job is assigned to the officer, and the officer goes over the air and puts themselves "84" meaning they have arrived on scene... sometimes officers dont put that over until much later after they have arrived for many different reasons...

The difference between GA and NY are tremendous... you cant contribute the lower crime rate to the publics access to firearms alone, yes you can construct an argument and use that as one contributing factor... but it goes WAY beyond that...

But NYC DOES tell the rest of rural NY State what to do.
It forces it's laws on them.
NY State issued just under a million hunting lisc last season.

I understand. You probably wouldn't like the freedom of a small town.

Being responsible and free adults can be scary.

We prefer not to claw at things like little animals.
Being civilized, we use tools like knives to open things.
;)

Due to this post I will no longer be responding to you or any post made by you.... You have taken a decently constructive debate and turned it in to a childish argument with so basis...

Goodbye sir!

Really? You are going to make the claim that THE SOLE reason for having less crime is that people are armed??? PLEASE PLEASE tell me your are JOKING! If not I am not sure if we can continue to converse about this....

GA has 10 million people living there... and is over 59,000 MILES of land

NYC has nearly 9 million people living there... and is MERELY 302 MILES of land ....

Not to mention NY is blue and GA is Red.... the differences between NY and GA are tremendous from the people, to the geographical area, to the beliefs, ect...ect... in GA I am sure people are raised around firearms, where as in NY they are not... they only see firearms in movies and on the news when a crime has occurred...

Also, you sir are a LIAR stating that the response time for an assault in NY is over 10 minutes... WHERE did you get this statistic? .... because the actual average response time in NY for an assault is just 4 minutes and change. Which is also usually shorter as that time is taken from when the job is assigned to the officer, and the officer goes over the air and puts themselves "84" meaning they have arrived on scene... sometimes officers dont put that over until much later after they have arrived for many different reasons...

The difference between GA and NY are tremendous... you cant contribute the lower crime rate to the publics access to firearms alone, yes you can construct an argument and use that as one contributing factor... but it goes WAY beyond that...

Reading is fundamental.

http://cityandstateny.com/articles/...‘crime-in-progress’-calls-see-major-drop.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...WIhd&ust=1550782465730801&cshid=1550696060064

I was wrong. Sort of.
For an assault, it's about 13 minutes.

About 8-9 minutes for a shooting or stabbing.

NYPD and their union actually blames your Mayor, and his regulations.
With the new restructuring of the speed limits and narrowing major streets it won't get better.

Bankrupting the city with mismanagement by the same people that disarmed you shouldn't help either, and is not the people you should trust to keep your family safe.

Disarmed areas always have higher crime rates per capita than areas where law abiding citizens have the right to self defense.
Thats a simple fact.

You are WRONG in saying "our rights are our rights whether the people around you want to have them or not".

Clearly you DO NOT understand the political system we have in place, and the way that laws are passed.
The laws we have in this city are ALLOWED to continue to be laws because the vast majority of the people WANT those laws in place....
You can have your knife on you all you want, but I'm curious where it is you live? Laws differ from place to place for MANY reasons NOT because you live in a "free state" ! (that always makes me LAUGH!) NY actually has MANY more freedoms than alot of places in the USA... Many not pertaining to a gun or a knife, but in other aspects of life (which there are many... as life goes beyond a gun and a knife)...

You might not like it, but the world dosn't revolve around you, and if you wish to live in NY there is a social contract that you must agree to live by...or you can get out! ;)

Im not sure what country you live in, but everything you are saying is the exact opposite of what the United States is. Rights are not subjective, nor are they debatable. If you wish to live in the united states, there is a contract called the constitution and if you don't wish to live by it, you can get out back to whatever hell hole commie country you came from. Heh I'm just playing, I know you live in NYC as you said but it might as well be a commie hell hole

NYC has really done a good brain washing on its citizens jeeze...patriots really need to step up in NC and start enforcing the constitution and helping its citizens get away from the heel of oppression.

Im not sure what country you live in, but everything you are saying is the exact opposite of what the United States is. Rights are not subjective, nor are they debatable. If you wish to live in the united states, there is a contract called the constitution and if you don't wish to live by it, you can get out back to whatever hell hole commie country you came from. Heh I'm just playing, I know you live in NYC as you said but it might as well be a commie hell hole

NYC has really done a good brain washing on its citizens jeeze...patriots really need to step up in NC and start enforcing the constitution and helping its citizens get away from the heel of oppression.

Guess I'm done speaking to you as well child

Isn't it nap time by now?

Back