Is this knife Legit SOG????

Hi everyone, I found a knife on ebay that is supposedly SOG but when I looked on the SOG website it didn't have it. If you could just tell me if this is an SOG or if its a fake one made in chine worth 5$. Thanks. (if you look realy closely on the blade it says flash tanto)

$(KGrHqZ,!mIE3H2I(mcwBN1o%2BfhHPw~~0_3.JPG

FAKE! Do Not Buy It.

Can you send me a link to the auction via PM. I'll report it to eBay.

I don't think so. A lot of chinese companies make those types of knives with the cutter and glass breaker. Looks like cheap junk to me.
Also, it says "440 steel" on the side. I don't think SOG makes any knives out of that junk.

Holy crap, I'm glad I found this. A guy sold my uncle this knife and an ak-47, and he offered to sell them to me. I guess I'll have to break it to him that it's a fake.

Crap like this should be illegal, damn China makes this garbage and undercuts our businesses here in the U.S.A. Another reason we are in decline, folks, our glory days are over, gone decades ago, hell, our standard of living PEAKED IN 1973!!! Been steadily going down since then, don't fool yourselves, folks, these ipods and compu-phones and crap is not a sign of good times, it's a sign everyone has their head shoved up their butts (or in those stupid screens)

I've reported a lot of these knives on ebay. seems to be an endless supply of them.

if someone from china tries to sell you a brand name knive, it's probably fake.

It's really too bad that folks try to imitate a great company like SOG. I can see why, but it sure doesn't make it right. Must be some over-seas garbage....

Hi All

Found this on Ebay looks like a fake SOG to me

Item number: 281089945656

What do you think?

Cheers
Mick

These SOG fakes are made in factories in shenzhen, china, fronted and controlled by chinese organized crime. Our wallet in North America is the target, period. One notorious seller of SOG knock-offs is a guy on the Bay who goes by carti-pau, based out of Gatineau, Quebec. Everything this guy sells is the product of a river of raw sewage being hauled out of china...SOG fakes, Extrema Ratio fakes, the works.

The knife model in question is pretty much guilty of baring a trademark infringement.
Sog knives doesn't have nor, has it ever had such a model produced, ever.
This PRC tech tanto folder comes in two sizes.
The construction and finishing of these knives appears fair.
Handle slabs are stainless steel.
It has a hidden liner lock with a slide switch to disengage.
The large one weighs a ton.
And the smaller one about the size of a SAK.
Be aware that Any knife which doesn't come with a warranty card
Or at least a business or maufacturer's contact is highly suspect.
It's not worth the guaranteed pain
Once the budget buy come apart and cause grevious injury...
Think of it as a cleverly constructed functional boobytrap.

I hope you realise that 440 Steel is more or less AUS 8, and SOG made the Tomcat, Seal Pup, Seal 2000, and other knives out of that steel.

Yes for the most part if it's 440c but 440a would perform closer to that of AUS6 or lower Cr Mov series steels coming out of Asia.

I hope you realise that 440 Steel is more or less AUS 8, and SOG made the Tomcat, Seal Pup, Seal 2000, and other knives out of that steel.

Actually the fixed blade Seal Pup, Seal 2000, etc were made by Kinryu Seki using AUS6. SOG admitted that they represented them as 440A simply because it was more familiar to the American market at the time. The Tomcat and other folders have always been, and continue to be made by G.Sakai Seki, and they "may" have been AUS8 until the current VG10 offerings.

Even though some of SOG's knives are...flamboyant....they are not dumb enough to put a flame job on a knife. That is most definitely fake. You can find the same knife on all of the chinachainachana.com websites.

Back