It's FINALLY HAPPENING! Buckmaster 2.0 Combat Diver!

In the Blade HQ video linked in this thread CJ said 1000 made and MSRP of $900. He expects them to sell out fast.

O.B.

That is interesting (limited production) as in recent years the Legacy Collection knives have been limited to sale to the year produced, but not limited in the amount produced for that year. Originally, the Legacy Collection knives were limited to a specific number produced, I wonder if Buck is going back to this.

I hope the 2024 Legacy Collection knives are limited to a specific number produced, including a COA with production information on the COA.

Listed on the BCCI website, the 2024 Buck catalog also says "will allocate 1,000". Doesn't mention a COA. To me, "allocate" could mean more are being made than the 1000 mentioned. But, only 1000 are allocated to the Legacy Collection.

From the 2024 catalog:

Buck Knives will allocate 1,000 084 BuckMaster 2.0 COMBAT DIVER PROs to its 2024 Legacy Collection, allowing civilians the opportunity to own and collect a special knife with combat DNA.

This year, the history of the BuckMaster perseveres with the introduction of the ultimate diving knife, the new 084 BuckMaster 2.0 COMBAT DIVER PRO.

Last edited:
There are a lot of states that have knives laws prohibiting "dirks" or "daggers". Historically when we have produced knives that could be classified as a "dirk or dagger" we would not sharpen both sides. Regarding the allocation of the 1000 is mentioned because the BCCI were able to get the first 100 that were are not included in 1000 offered for 2024. I do not see a COA listed for the knife but will check back with our Marketing team to make sure.

There are a lot of states that have knives laws prohibiting "dirks" or "daggers". Historically when we have produced knives that could be classified as a "dirk or dagger" we would not sharpen both sides. Regarding the allocation of the 1000 is mentioned because the BCCI were able to get the first 100 that were are not included in 1000 offered for 2024. I do not see a COA listed for the knife but will check back with our Marketing team to make sure.
There will be a COA with each of the BuckMaster 2.0.

Dumb question, how many of the "original" Buckmasters were made, were they a special limited edition or a regular catalog item? the 184 is the one I am thinking of. Remember lusting after it when I first saw one.

"double-edged for the military, not for the consumer"

Why not offer the double-edge knife to the consumer if the consumer wants it?
I have firearms in my safe right now that are 100x better and more reliable than the worn-out rattle-traps that Uncle Sam issued me and I carried through Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
Hell, I still have the Benchmade double-edged Infidel OTF knife I carried in Iraq and Afghanistan. Am I supposed to no longer have it since I'm a civilian now?

That whole "special things only for the military" mentality has always irked me, especially when it comes to knives and small arms.
That's a really big mark against Buck for me now.
The Fed Govt has laws that say we cant sell civilians the double edge unless you are certain professions, not unlike autos. I never thought about how it worked after you left that profession.

The Fed Govt has laws that say we cant sell civilians the double edge unless you are certain professions, not unlike autos. I never thought about how it worked after you left that profession.
Curios Jeff... why is the "Fed Govt" targeting Buck specifically when so many other manufacturers put out double edge fixed, folders, and autos?

For instance

ETA: this isn't a poke at Buck. Buck always takes the high ground and follows the black and white of laws, in my experience.
Only asking because it's restricting a revenue stream, albeit a minute one.

I find that really hard to believe. You can literally buy double-edged daggers off Amazon.

You can literally buy OTF automatics off Amazon as well.

You're either horribly mistaken or you're getting really, really bad legal advice from someone who has no idea what the laws really are concerning double-edged knives and automatics.

I suggest you get the real answer from the Buck C-suite and Buck's legal representation before it results in possible lost sales of new products like this in the future.

I find that really hard to believe. You can literally buy double-edged daggers off Amazon.

You can literally buy OTF automatics off Amazon as well.

You're either horribly mistaken or you're getting really, really bad legal advice from someone who has no idea what the laws really are concerning double-edged knives and automatics.

I suggest you get the real answer from the Buck C-suite and Buck's legal representation before it results in possible lost sales of new products like this in the future.

Just because you can buy it on Amazon doesn't make it legal. Amazon is a retailer, not a manufacturer. Buck on the other hand is a manufacturer, and plays by the rules when they sell their products.

Amazon couldn't give a hoot, they're out to sell a lot of stuff and make money.

Just because you can buy it on Amazon doesn't make it legal. Amazon is a retailer, not a manufacturer. Buck on the other hand is a manufacturer, and plays by the rules when they sell their products.

Amazon couldn't give a hoot, they're out to sell a lot of stuff and make money.
So Knifecenter, SMKW, and BladeHQ are also all breaking the law? I find that truly difficult to believe.

So Knifecenter, SMKW, and BladeHQ are also all breaking the law? I find that truly difficult to believe.
It's about liability. Most knife and gun laws are written, supported and enacted by morons, so unfortunately there is often a lot of grey area. Companies smartly avoid liability. Some more so than others.

It's about liability. Most knife and gun laws are written, supported and enacted by morons, so unfortunately there is often a lot of grey area. Companies smartly avoid liability. Some more so than others.
Again, I find that very hard to believe. It's not dude-weed where there are clashes between local, state, and federal laws, it's a 100% legal-to-own product.

Name the case where a knife manufacturer has ever been successfully sued because someone used one of their products to murder someone.
Fun fact: Buck knives are so common and widespread, they'd be one of the first.

It just doesn't happen. Judges have tossed out those kinds of "consumer liability" suits that legal firms and attorneys just won't even touch them anymore.

Here's my take: Buck is just being *lazy* and doesn't give a damn about selling the double-edge version to regular customers and the second they get asked about it they revert to "uhh, umm...GUBMINT! LAWS! LIABILITY!"

Again, I find that very hard to believe. It's not dude-weed where there are clashes between local, state, and federal laws, it's a 100% legal-to-own product.

Name the case where a knife manufacturer has ever been successfully sued because someone used one of their products to murder someone.
Fun fact: Buck knives are so common and widespread, they'd be one of the first.

It just doesn't happen. Judges have tossed out those kinds of "consumer liability" suits that legal firms and attorneys just won't even touch them anymore.

Here's my take: Buck is just being *lazy* and doesn't give a damn about selling the double-edge version to regular customers and the second they get asked about it they revert to "uhh, umm...GUBMINT! LAWS! LIABILITY!"
it is what it is. we can all speculate why all day and still not know.

this comment is for anyone who has one.....as I haven't seen one in person yet...... is there any reason why someone cant sharpen the other side themselves, if they wanted to? too thick spine side, too much steel removal and ruin coating to do it? something like that would stop this?

it is what it is. we can all speculate why all day and still not know.

this comment is for anyone who has one.....as I haven't seen one in person yet...... is there any reason why someone cant sharpen the other side themselves, if they wanted to? too thick spine side, too much steel removal and ruin coating to do it? something like that would stop this?
No reason you can't sharpennit or have it sharpened. A few of us have that got the one of the first 100 to BCCI

Back