Total length: 19-5/8"

Blade thickness: 1/4"

Handle material: black micarta with spacers

52209-1.jpg

52209-2.jpg

52209-3.jpg

52209-4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Phil, it's awesome man, kinda like a Arkansas Toothpick all muscled up. Wow I really like it. Joe

It is a beautiful piece for sure, I wonder have you ever made an ugly one?
But one complaint, I would like to see the blade more clearly as the lighting seem a bit awkward. I guess a little tweaking of the photography setup would be great...

AS ALWAYS...WOW!!!:eek:
FANTASTIC PIECE OF ART!:thumbup:
THANKS FOR SHARING, SWEETIE!;)

Phillip
That is beautiful work!!
Reminds me of "Sting" from Lord of the Rings
Tom

Thanks everyone for your comments! I must confess that I didn't particularly enjoy making this one, but I really like the finished product. :D It was very challenging to make. The blade is of course double edged, which means it's about the same as making two knives. Keeping the sweeping plunge grinds identical on each side can be nerve wracking.
And then there's the shoulders where the guard butts up against, which had to be curved to match the guard... And then keeping the handle symmetrical while making sure it's lined up with the center line of the blade....
This knife (or whatever it is) has a total of 28 pieces, made of 5 different materials.

It is a beautiful piece for sure, I wonder have you ever made an ugly one?
But one complaint, I would like to see the blade more clearly as the lighting seem a bit awkward. I guess a little tweaking of the photography setup would be great...

Yes, I have made ugly knives, but they don't make it out of my shop. :D

Are these pics better?

52509-1.jpg

52509-2.jpg

52509-3.jpg

52509-4.jpg

52509-5.jpg

52509-6.jpg

Back