It's raining Slysz Bowies Halleluyah!

I'm seeing multiple "new" or (supposedly) *almost* new Slysz Bowies pop up on a daily basis on the individual selling forum. How lucky we are that this trove of genuine, extremely desirable (because of N. Shabazz and other heavy hitters), sometime-ago-discontinued knives keeps appearing. Nothing suspicious here. I asked one seller quite recently how he acquired his, and he told me that he got it 6 months ago from his retailer. Uh-huh.

you think some people bought a few dozen to resell later?? or do you think they might be knock offs?

I'm seeing multiple "new" or (supposedly) *almost* new Slysz Bowies pop up on a daily basis on the individual selling forum. How lucky we are that this trove of genuine, extremely desirable (because of N. Shabazz and other heavy hitters), sometime-ago-discontinued knives keeps appearing. Nothing suspicious here. I asked one seller quite recently how he acquired his, and he told me that he got it 6 months ago from his retailer. Uh-huh.
Can you post links? I'm looking to get a bunch of those for gifts and I can only find a couple on there.

I have hundreds of knives ive never used only admired and played with a couple times (yes Slysz Bowie included) so doesnt seem that unusual for them to pop up when the market is hot.

That's too bad, I was hoping for "multiple" examples, not a passing sprinkle.
There were 2 or 3 over the past few days to be fair. Not that I think there is some weird spyderco conspiracy or anything.

Though they probably need to put out the Slysz Bowie 2 at this point.

There have been enough postings that I've noticed... and I haven't scrolled through Folding Knives on the exchange - I just keep seeing it in New Posts. (I've got no interest in the knife, so I can't say if it was multiple ads or just people posting to ads/threads about it)

Wait, what? If they're going for that much it's going to rain another one on the Exchange soon.
They shouldn't be that much. If they are, don't bite. They shouldn't go for more than 300-400 or less. And that's for one in perfect bnib condition.

Also watch out for clones guys.

The Slys himself has designed what he would like to be the 2nd iteration last year. Unsure if it's going to spyderco yet or more prototypes. And once it goes to spyderco there will be more prototypes. So it may be a few more years before we see one.

They shouldn't be that much. If they are, don't bite. They shouldn't go for more than 300-400 or less. And that's for one in perfect bnib condition.

Also watch out for clones guys.

The Slys himself has designed what he would like to be the 2nd iteration last year. Unsure if it's going to spyderco yet or more prototypes. And once it goes to spyderco there will be more prototypes. So it may be a few more years before we see one.

It's an absolutely, completely, perfectly okay knife that I never carry. It wouldn't crack my top 50 knives I own that I like and want to carry.

I have no idea why anyone would pay a premium to have one, but if they are I'll be unloading mine presently.

Yesterday one sold for $450 in 15min.
I know. My jaw practically fell open. Of course it was someone with 0-0-0 feedback who bit at that price.

I had a Slysz and sold it. Liked it but didn't understand all the hype. (Maybe I'll try it again sometime, though.) Someone just sold one for 300, but before biting, I asked him for more info, at which point he said he bought it new from a retailer 6 months ago, which doesn't make any sense. (They were discontinued significantly before that, if memory serves.) Of course, on the exchange, it sold in 2 minutes, with a traffic jam behind it. I'd only buy a Slysz now knowing the history of where the knife came from originally.

eBay has them for over 600 buy it now. I think it's a solid knife that has great feel in hand, due to it's rounded edges. But for me it's just too small for the blade type.

Back