Recommendation? Its that time again...to abuse my wallet

Spyderco Caribbean. Maybe the underrated Spydie. I've been EDCing mine a lot lately and I love it. It kicked the PM2 out of my pocket.

If you really want to abuse your wallet, go for a sebenza 31 :)

I wish. I really really want the moon landing 31, but too much to drop at once, plus, I didn't care for the 21 I had several years ago (yes I know, blasphemy) that it just isn't worth it to me. My big thumbs just can't grip those thumbstuds.

Going shooting today up at Second Amendment in McHenry. Gonna check out their knife collection. Gonna blaspheme against my normal rules and look at some automatics.

Btw, that Spyderco Caribbean did catch my eye, especially the wharnecliffe with full serrations.

I see several small knives in your current owns (Deacon, Spider Monkey, Gent). If you like the smaller size, I would recommend the Quiet Carry iQ. They are currently in stock. He uses ELMAX steel (one of my favorites) which is insanely hard to sharpen, but retains an edge better than anything I've found. The iQ is tiny in the pocket, honestly the best carrying knife I've owned. It's worth a try and there are several build options.

- Joel

why not a sebenza! as your going spend this amount on lesser quality knifes over time, this is how I ended up with my large 21 and love it, as I often wonder why I didn't do it from the start!over the years I could have saved myself a lot of time/money..

I see several small knives in your current owns (Deacon, Spider Monkey, Gent). If you like the smaller size, I would recommend the Quiet Carry iQ. They are currently in stock. He uses ELMAX steel (one of my favorites) which is insanely hard to sharpen, but retains an edge better than anything I've found. The iQ is tiny in the pocket, honestly the best carrying knife I've owned. It's worth a try and there are several build options.

I've thought about that one, but truthfully, I'm sick of framelocks/metal handles.

- Joel

why not a sebenza! as your going spend this amount on lesser quality knifes over time, this is how I ended up with my large 21 and love it, as I often wonder why I didn't do it from the start!over the years I could have saved myself a lot of time/money..

Had one, didn't work for me. I wish it did, but I hate those thumbstuds.:mad: Yes I know I'm blaspheming. Also, I have owned several customs (still own one). I've bought and sold a whole lot. Everything from CRKT and Kershaw to Brian Tighe. At some point, I'll have the money and be able to find another Tighe, a medium Tighe Rod preferably. But, just now back to work after a very long time, and in a limited capacity at the family business.

For those that don't know, I pretty much lived in the hospital for most of 2018. Liver transplant, cancer (blood and stomach), and 2 strokes. Oddly, I'm very happy to working. To be able to. Still trying to figure out a job outside the business.

Had one, didn't work for me. I wish it did, but I hate those thumbstuds.:mad: Yes I know I'm blaspheming. Also, I have owned several customs (still own one). I've bought and sold a whole lot. Everything from CRKT and Kershaw to Brian Tighe. At some point, I'll have the money and be able to find another Tighe, a medium Tighe Rod preferably. But, just now back to work after a very long time, and in a limited capacity at the family business.

For those that don't know, I pretty much lived in the hospital for most of 2018. Liver transplant, cancer (blood and stomach), and 2 strokes. Oddly, I'm very happy to working. To be able to. Still trying to figure out a job outside the business.
yes I'm not in love with the thumb studs ether, otherwise the knife is outstanding' I have seen some photos of 21'S with a Spyderco hole cut in the blade but I myself not willing to do that, ho sorry to hear about your problems K.O.D and hope you feel better soon god willing, take care;)

yes I'm not in love with the thumb studs ether, otherwise the knife is outstanding' I have seen some photos of 21'S with a Spyderco hole cut in the blade but I myself not willing to do that, ho sorry to hear about your problems K.O.D and hope you feel better soon god willing, take care;)

Thanks. I actually feel better than I have in years. Though coordination with my legs is still an issue, so no running or anything. But I'm 40, I have no reason to run.

Anyway, I bought the Maserin AM-4, and as I mentioned, am returning it to BHQ. Having trouble with what is next.

Though I've owned and handled a quadrillion Spyderco folders, I'm still considering the Caribbean, namely the fully serrated wharnecliffe.

Also considering the Hogue Ritter in orange.

Going back to the under $200 thing. Also hoping to find something interesting at one of the shops while I'm in Door county, WI this weekend. Too bad there is no ferry or boat that goes across the bay, or I could pop in at DLT. Otherwise it's like 2 hours to make a u shaped drive, which would make the total drive a lot longer.

Looking at the Spyderco autonomy as well, the original with orange scales. Never owned an auto.

Back