It's the 22nd!

Got my shipping notice for my 20cv 5.1 today. Its from the first round of Monday sales. No complaints here! That is just a little faster than the 5.1 starter. Under two weeks is way better than under 10 months!

Me too! Still haven't seen my pre-order though. I think the 3v knives (my pre order) must have needed extra work so they're shipping the 20cv 5.1s first

Extra work (re-work) is exactly what has been said several times. What a pain that must be for them!

Yeah, I'm sure it's a major headache. I think it definitely stinks for people waiting for their preorders, but what are they supposed to do? Might as well stay busy and ship out what they can

Thanks for all your sincere feedback Ellie. I appreciate it.

Just gonna comment one last thing.

The Monday release method and ensuing discussion has not made me change my mind about dealing with S!K for my next couple knives. I'm still going ahead with purchases, just not exactly as I originally planned :)

I'm glad you haven't gotten mad and given up on us completely. I'm sorry if it seems like I can't just let it alone. I just can't.... let it alone. Hahah. The problem is that I totally understand why people are frustrated with the wait and lack of availability. So I just feel the need to explain our decisions, so everyone can understand where we are coming from. We have been dealing with these same issues for 3 years now, and the topic has been talked to death (then kicked a few times) over and over again in the SURVIVE! house. This is our solution for now. If it isn't working out in a few months, then we will revisit the drawing board. Just like we have several times in the past few years.

I'm glad you haven't gotten mad and given up on us completely. I'm sorry if it seems like I can't just let it alone. I just can't.... let it alone. Hahah. The problem is that I totally understand why people are frustrated with the wait and lack of availability. So I just feel the need to explain our decisions, so everyone can understand where we are coming from. We have been dealing with these same issues for 3 years now, and the topic has been talked to death (then kicked a few times) over and over again in the SURVIVE! house. This is our solution for now. If it isn't working out in a few months, then we will revisit the drawing board. Just like we have several times in the past few years.

Sometimes I think people also don't realize how young and small a company you guys are compared to the bigger operations with knives that are difficult to get (Busse, etc). This is likely due in part to the product itself-- the knives are so high-level that you'd expect a super technical operation with lasers and CNC and all that jazz. Even a small company like Fiddleback took a few years to figure stuff out and now has a few employees helping with the actual knife construction. Survive has had way less time and way more demand relative to size. The most optimal workflow doesn't work out overnight. Maybe putting a small shop tour on the YouTube channel would be 1) interesting for fans and 2) help show how small and focused an operation Survive is.

Sometimes I think people also don't realize how young and small a company you guys are compared to the bigger operations with knives that are difficult to get (Busse, etc). This is likely due in part to the product itself-- the knives are so high-level that you'd expect a super technical operation with lasers and CNC and all that jazz. Even a small company like Fiddleback took a few years to figure stuff out and now has a few employees helping with the actual knife construction. Survive has had way less time and way more demand relative to size. The most optimal workflow doesn't work out overnight. Maybe putting a small shop tour on the YouTube channel would be 1) interesting for fans and 2) help show how small and focused an operation Survive is.

We considered doing that once we got settled in to this current shop. We haven't done it because it was around that time when we realized that some other companies have been paying attention to us. Healthy competition is fine, but we don't really want to just hand out a step by step guide on how to be just like SURVIVE!. Especially since those companies have been in business a lot longer and have the means to produce faster than we can.

We considered doing that once we got settled in to this current shop. We haven't done it because it was around that time when we realized that some other companies have been paying attention to us. Healthy competition is fine, but we don't really want to just hand out a step by step guide on how to be just like SURVIVE!. Especially since those companies have been in business a lot longer and have the means to produce faster than we can.

Oohh I didn't mean like a full step-by-step on your process. Just a little overview of the shop to give customers an idea of the operation. But if you think other companies will try to get info even from that, better safe than sorry. Trade secrets > fun videos.

You are very right about that. It is yours or Survive! Knives' duty to protect what is rightfully your rice bowl. You guys are doing a great job so far and I am sure it gets on the competition. Keep doing what you are doing and I hope you guys would continue to be in business for many more years to come. As long as you guys keep producing, I will keep buying.

Oohh I didn't mean like a full step-by-step on your process. Just a little overview of the shop to give customers an idea of the operation. But if you think other companies will try to get info even from that, better safe than sorry. Trade secrets > fun videos.

As much as I'd like a peek into their natural habitat I wouldn't want them to get ambushed again :eek:

As much as I'd like a peek into their natural habitat.......

Best commentator's voice: "....And here we have the knifemaker in his natural habitat. Notice how he gracefully balances his professional and private life while simultaneously fending off advances from the competition....."

Back