It's The End Of The World What Custom Knife Would You Grab ( Happy Halloween :) )

Obviously I have to throw this one up here... some have seen it in Joe's other thread, but this fantastic Knight Khuk is heading my way this week... :)

KnightKhukuri.jpg

Wow

I don't know how you got the first one

They usually go to me :)

I'm next thou

Great piece and truly an epic blade

I'm THRILLED I was able to slip in and pick up this one! I must have caught Jason at just the right time!! Ha. I can't wait to get my hands on this one...

Can you PM or email me as I have some questions that you may be able to answer regarding not only this Kuk... but the one you have as well.

-Eric

Eric my email is in my sig line and feel free to call

610 657 9515

Jason and I just discussed the next project and believe me when I saw its gonna be another Apocolyptic Masterpiece

But he's got 10 Khuks to build first :)

There's certainly solid precedent for the use of the khukuri in an anti-zombie application:

standard.jpg

There's certainly solid precedent for the use of the khukuri in an anti-zombie application:

standard.jpg

Roger

I am in total agreement a proper Bowie is a devastating weapon and can be a one shot kill weapon in the right hands but a Khukuri is a game stopper and can end an altercation in a blink of an eye. The only other edged weapon IMHO that is as versatile is a Tomahawk (hint) :)

A sword be it eastern or western in theme is probale the most devestating edged weapon out there but for portability the venerable Khukuri & Tomahawk have earned the fighting mans respect in a big way

^^^ I am with you there bro. My first response to the often-repeated mantra that a fighting knife must have a double guard is, well, what about the Khuk? There's more than one path to a superb fighting blade.

Hint taken. :) Let me be the first to say "I'm in." :D

^^^ I am with you there bro. My first response to the often-repeated mantra that a fighting knife must have a double guard is, well, what about the Khuk? There's more than one path to a superb fighting blade.

Hint taken. :) Let me be the first to say "I'm in." :D

Roger he's got a lot of Khuks to make but there are already drawings and talk of testing and believe me when I say its gonna be something :)

Roger

I am in total agreement a proper Bowie is a devastating weapon and can be a one shot kill weapon in the right hands but a Khukuri is a game stopper and can end an altercation in a blink of an eye. The only other edged weapon IMHO that is as versatile is a Tomahawk (hint) :)

I'd be in for a 'hawk too. ;)

I think the smatchet is a good contender in a zombie apocalypse.

A sword be it eastern or western in theme is probale the most devestating edged weapon out there but for portability the venerable Khukuri & Tomahawk have earned the fighting mans respect in a big way

Lot's of beautiful customs here. If only i could post mine...anyway i should brig with me, my Busse SH ergo LE, and my own desing custom knife made by Denis Mura, called Ovesturia. Very similiar to Aragorn elvish knife. Really good for fighting.

I hadn't thought about this until Joe mentioned a hawk being a good option.

Not a great picture, it was forged from an old "lathing" hammer by a fellow that was set up at one of the NCCA shows some years back. Feels great in hand and would undoubtedly work well on zombies:D

P1010178.jpg

Peter

I hadn't thought about this until Joe mentioned a hawk being a good option.

Not a great picture, it was forged from an old "lathing" hammer by a fellow that was set up at one of the NCCA shows some years back. Feels great in hand and would undoubtedly work well on zombies:D

P1010178.jpg

Peter

That is very cool Peter and yes Hawks are one of my favorite genres

Thx for posting everyone

So much awesome in this thread. :) I wanna play!

I don't own many knives from other folks, so pardon me putting up my own.

For practicality, a bush sword:

willowleafsheath1.jpg

For style, the Brothers of Aggression:

family.jpg

And for smaller work, a primal/tactical warfighter, with Micarta:

both.jpg

I don't have a custom tomahawk to post but honestly I would probably grab my Vec hawk first in an apocalyptic scenario. Perfect light weight tool and great weapon. It would only be lacking in a dueling situation against faster weapons. Bring on the hawk project I say:thumbup:

Back