JAB Potbelly, MoosezView

I always said, if they had their mama's looks, and my brains, they would do OK. :D

Moose

whens the strip and patina pics gonna be up?

This weekend, I have to pick up some more stripper. I'm thinking a tiger stripe patina would look great on it. I want to do something with the handles too, but paint isn't going to to last long. I'm thiking wood, or micarta.

Moose

I think those pics will help me decide one way or the other. That black crap always has to go. Kabar needs to bust out some micarta scales, esp. now that the ZK knives use the same grips. That's just as many models as Becker has.

Nice review my friend! I've been tossing the idea of picking one up myself, but can't find them locally. Didn't want to buy it without fondling one first...

Nice review and pics. When I got mine last fall I took it out and limbed an evergreen tree. Went through the boughs like a laser. Kinda reminds me of a cross between a short Bowie and a straight razer, with a nice meaty spine for batoning. I prefer this sheath over those on the bigger Becker knives because of the extra pouch space. And I blackened the para draw string on mine though with a permanent marker as I hated the yellow. I have the pouch stuffed with fire starting gear and the little extra knife rips a shower off a fero rod.:thumbup: This is also one of those knives that just feels really good in my hand.

[video=youtube;PVlGZJ5u-P0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVlGZJ5u-P0[/video]

Between Moose and Adam, users of this knife really sell it. Of course, there always has to be ONE thing...for me it's that silly ass yellow cord. WHY? Why not just have black or brown in the built in cord for us grown-ups?

Thanks for the review ! I'm sending payment out in the morning for mine ! I'm thinking about having a set of Micarta scales made for mine....gotta wait until I handle it to see !

If someone can find a person to contour micarta scales to match the factory ones (not the texture, just the contour), I think it would be a great addition to the knife. The factory scales do have a LOT of texture to them, so if you use a looser grip when chopping, they're going to rub a bit. I hardly ever use gloves, but the texture doesn't really bother me that much. If you wear gloves while using a knife, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're going for looks.

By the way, my wife is going to hate you for showing me this tool along with a great review. She asked me the dreaded "Do you know how much you have spent on knives lately" question the other day.

I am blaming you. If you take the beating, I will leave my blades to you in my will.

I really like that so many Beckers and Ka-bars are takedown blades. I like to rehandle my knives in exotic hardwoods and the like, although at some point I need to buy a sheet of carbon fiber and some micarta and G10 for some more modern looks. Nice review; I hadn't seen this one yet, so the necro was actually appreciated by me at least.

Back