1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

January Sale

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 13, 2020.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    For those of you who have been around a while, you probably know that when I stop shipping orders in early December, I make knives for a sale around the beginning of January. I plan on doing it again this year. Plans are to make several EDC size knives for immediate delivery.

2. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Hi JK, I'm interested, since I'm new to your sub forum is there a list to get on or first come first served, thanks Frank

Hijo de Luna likes this.
  3. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    First come, first served. I always give notice beforehand with the date and time. Right now I’m thinking January 2nd (Saturday)

greatscoot and knifethetank like this.
  4. knifethetank

Dec 18, 2018
    Thank you :thumbsup:

JK Knives likes this.
  5. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Will you post them here or start a new thread? I'm always interested in your new creations.

6. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    New thread. I’m working on some now for an order, but I may make one for the sale, a 2/3rds scale Rule #9, should make a great necker.

7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Starting on knives now, hopefully there will be interest.

Hijo de Luna and f1addict like this.
  8. knifethetank

Dec 18, 2018
    I'll be watching

JK Knives likes this.
  9. Hijo de Luna

Hijo de Luna Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    I can't stop thinking about your nessmuk...

but, as bikerector said, still looking forward to seeing what you come up for January!

10. Hijo de Luna

Jun 10, 2020
    got an idea for you JK

I'm always impressed when I see them doing this for their weekly Friday sale things, donating some of their proceeds to charity. their chosen charity look pretty good, training service animals to work with vets in Houston TX.

have you ever tried something like this? choosing a charity that is meaningful to the demographic your knives attract and doing this, it could translate to a meaningful selling point

I mean, you can bet seeing that note about donating proceeds to charity, and knowing they're chosen what seems like a fine charity that shares value I care about, it makes it that MUCH harder to NOT keep buy stuff from them every week or two (there was some fiddle-withdrawal at first, but I think I'm out of the woods now ;))

a kind of ethical marketing (if there ever was a contradiction in terms, I never, lol :rolleyes:...)

11. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I have thought of that, there is a horse farm that Hanna donates time to that is a non profit organization that specializes in special needs children. I like something like that. I just need to make more of a profit than the $400 - $500 I clear after expenses to be able to do it. You need to remember that I’m a one person operation, so I’m not able to donate much.

12. Hijo de Luna

Jun 10, 2020
    very true, JK Knives is as you say limited to a one man show

it would be neat to try though, even if you only end up making a small donation

maybe there is a special day or something, like her birthday next year or the date of remission or whatever that would make it more meaningful

more meaning = more $$$

:)

13. TLA

TLA Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    For those of you that are newer to this forum John always has some pretty cool knives for his January sale. I’ve scored a couple in the past when I’ve had the cash. I’ll be patiently waiting to see what he comes up with for this sale.

f1addict and Hijo de Luna like this.
  14. Hijo de Luna

Jun 10, 2020
    after hearing he'll keep the forum up for 2021, I almost feel obligated to do the same

the truth, I'm happy to anyways :)

apart from JK, I've also really appreciated how welcoming and kind folks here are. and informative, interesting, etc.

there are at least one or two role models lurking around here, albeit they ain't this dude! ;)

15. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    After discussing this further, I will be donating a percentage of profits to a small organization that I believe in, more details will be given later. I currently donate to them anyway, and have donated knives for them to raffle at fundraising events, so why not do a percentage instead.

16. Hijo de Luna

Jun 10, 2020
    I figured it was just a matter of time ;)

17. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Coolio.

18. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Details in a new Sticky at the top of this page

Hijo de Luna likes this.
  19. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    This may be silly, but I looked for the sticky, is it something I needed to touch at the top?

20. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Top of his sub-forum

@JK Knives it looks like there were two sticky posts made. Seems there have been another rash of double-posts on the forum recently, or at least a few happening in the last day or two I've seen.