Jarosz KA-BAR GAW and Q&A!

Cool GAW. I have a question for you. Your new knife in collaboration with Kabar seems like it has great dimensions. I have one question about the design though. Why the 3/4 length swedge? I'm sure there's a reason. I'd just like to know what your thoughts were when designing it.

Are you bringing any of your own knives to Blade to sell?
and - if you were to get a dog that was not a GSD, what breed would it be?

What was you background/interest that got you into knifemaking? Thanks for the chance!!

Thanks for the GAW! So here's my question - if you could only have one knife to do it all (I know, knives are not designed that way), what would that knife look like?

I think it would be the Globetrotter that I or KA-BAR makes. The idea behind that design was to be simple enough to be useful in a variety of applications. Obviously not so great for large tasks, but for general use I think it does well!

Thanks for the question!

I'm in
What knives do you carry
EDC ?
Woods ?
And what is your preferred steel & why ?

EDC : My CL Pulsar
Woods: I tend to carry my Globetrotters a lot!
I'm a huge fan of AEB-L because of its durability and ease of sharpening.

Thanks!

Thank's for the very generous giveaway. How old is Roxey? She's a Great looking Shepard.
You're very welcome!

Roxy just turned 4 this month. She's a great dog!

Thank you

Great idea for a GAW [emoji106]
What do you think you could do better to promote your business?
How many knives on average do you build out annually?
Thanks again,
Mike

Thank you!

I wish I out out more videos and had more time to do stuff on forums and interacting.

I usually put out around 500-700 knives per year, but hoping to hit 1000 this year!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What was you background/interest that got you into knifemaking? Thanks for the chance!!
I think it was a combination of always loving the outdoors and then I really got into knives about 9 years ago and it just slowly turned into making.

Thank you!

Cool GAW. I have a question for you. Your new knife in collaboration with Kabar seems like it has great dimensions. I have one question about the design though. Why the 3/4 length swedge? I'm sure there's a reason. I'd just like to know what your thoughts were when designing it.

Thanks for the question!

The length of the swedge is to leave room for choking up with the thumb. It's not a grip I often use, but I know a lot of people do, so the option is there.

Are you bringing any of your own knives to Blade to sell?
and - if you were to get a dog that was not a GSD, what breed would it be?
Yes I am! I will have a hand full of folders with me at the KA-BAR booth.

The wife and I have considered getting a border collie before, and may someday in the future.

Thanks for the question!
are u making any custom micarta/g10 scales for the kabar turok
I haven't yet, but you can be sure I will at least make a few sets!

Thanks for the give away. I have been eyeballing your Kabar collaboration knives since they dropped.
My question is, if you could have your knives made in any steel you wanted, what would your top three picks be and why ?

Great GAW setup! Thanks for the chance!

Question: If your career in knives hadn't worked out, what was your backup plan or career choice?

I am a big fan of Ka-bar knives and really like this newest addition.

As a machinist, I have to know, are you or were you a machinist?

Also, do you have any plans to do a chopper/ large knife with Ka-bar?

Thanks for the GAW!! I really did the design! Where did you get your inspiration for the design/who was your biggest influence/ what inspired you to come up with the design? Hahaha

Thanks bud!

hey mr jesse,

which knife am i going to win at the end of the week? my question :D

love that folder btw, looking forward to seeing it at Blade

:)

Thanks for the GAW. Does this knife have the smooth coating like the MK1?

Beckerhead #146

Thanks for the GAW!! Looking at the pic, while baking away down here in FL, I gotta ask... How on earth is there still snow on the ground?!?!?

Thanks for the GAW!! I really did the design! Where did you get your inspiration for the design/who was your biggest influence/ what inspired you to come up with the design? Hahaha

Thanks bud!

Thanks!

The design kind of evolved with suggestions from some friends well as my own testing and use. I started designing it for my USMC buddy which it is named after, around 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question!

Thanks for the give away. I have been eyeballing your Kabar collaboration knives since they dropped.
My question is, if you could have your knives made in any steel you wanted, what would your top three picks be and why ?

AEB-L, SG2, and BG42

AEB-L is my favorite steel and I use it on almost everything I make now days. The other two are just good steels I've enjoyed using in the past.

Thanks for the question!

Great GAW setup! Thanks for the chance!

Question: If your career in knives hadn't worked out, what was your backup plan or career choice?

Thanks for participating!

Had knives not worked out I probably would have made a career in the military and put in my 20 years.

I am a big fan of Ka-bar knives and really like this newest addition.

As a machinist, I have to know, are you or were you a machinist?

Also, do you have any plans to do a chopper/ large knife with Ka-bar?

Than you!

I was never a machinist, my background is more in woodworking and carpentry.

I have a lot of plans, but I'm not allowed to tell you what they are just yet! My hopes with the KA-BAR Jarosz Lineup is to build a nice complete line with a good variety of tools for multiple applications. 👍

Thanks for the GAW!! Looking at the pic, while baking away down here in FL, I gotta ask... How on earth is there still snow on the ground?!?!?

Thanks for entering!

The picture is a couple months old, definitely no longer any snow here! This weekend has been very warm.

hey mr jesse,

which knife am i going to win at the end of the week? my question :D

love that folder btw, looking forward to seeing it at Blade

:)

Lol, we'll see what happens when I do the drawing this evening!

Thanks!
Thanks for the GAW. Does this knife have the smooth coating like the MK1?

Beckerhead #146
Thank you!

This knife does have the same smooth coating. 👍

Jesse, firstly great GAW! Whatta guy!

This isn't an entry BTW, I'm going to buy your knives so you get the coin. But I'm still going to ask a question.

It's been asked before, by the great Dwight Schrute of Schrute Beet Farms but I'll ask it anyway..

Which Bear is best?

Keep up the awesome work brother, looking forward to more overnight vids! Oh yeah, I NEED ONE OF THOSE PULSARS!

Awesome idea! Thanks for the chance at the GAW!

You've shown us a picture of your first knife, do you have any pictures of your second and third? how many did you have to make before you said to yourself 'I have this knife making thing down!'?

Awesome, thanks for the giveaway!

How did you get started and what motivated you to get into this business?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the giveaway!

How did you get started and what motivated you to get into this business?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks for entering!

I just started messing around at first, but after I started getting the hang of things I decided I might want to make it a full time job eventually. So far so good!

Jesse, firstly great GAW! Whatta guy!

This isn't an entry BTW, I'm going to buy your knives so you get the coin. But I'm still going to ask a question.

It's been asked before, by the great Dwight Schrute of Schrute Beet Farms but I'll ask it anyway..

Which Bear is best?

Keep up the awesome work brother, looking forward to more overnight vids! Oh yeah, I NEED ONE OF THOSE PULSARS!

Thanks, and I appreciate your generosity!

I love Dwight by the way haha.

Idk about the best bear, but I've always thought black bears were pretty awesome.

Should be shooting another overnighter next week. Out on some big water this time, might even make it a few days!

Thanks again!

Awesome idea! Thanks for the chance at the GAW!

You've shown us a picture of your first knife, do you have any pictures of your second and third? how many did you have to make before you said to yourself 'I have this knife making thing down!'?

Im sure I have some photos on an old computer. I will have to do some digging.

There's always room for improvement, but I started feeling fairly confident with my work after a few years and probably a couple hundred knives. It seems like things take a while to get the hang of, but then things just click and progress starts coming. Going full time really helped me improve my work.

Thanks for the question!

I'm going to draw in the morning, so we will leave the GAW open till then for any last minute entries! Went a little longer get than intended but that's okay! Busy weekend. Hope you are all having a good one. See you soon!

Back