Jfowl31's knife modding/making progression thread

Hey all! I've been less active recently here on the Porch... Life has gotten in the way and limited my available time for so many different means of communication. But I've finally decided to pull the trigger on pursuing knife modding and making after hemming and hawwing about it for a few years. Evan Nicolaides was the main one to get me over the hump and has given me countless hours of advice on what to purchase and how to get started...

So I'm a few months in and I've got a couple grinders, and various other power and hand tools... Have a shop that is framed and wired and should have benches built in the next couple weeks and even have a few modded GECs under my belt.

I'll post new work as I finish it here. Feel free to comment freely on what you'd like to see or suggestions on the work. If you'd like to contact me, my email is the easiest and fastest way. It is my username at Gmail.com

Feel free to check out more progress pics on Instagram too Jfowl31 Jfowl31

Last edited:
This was the first "successful" mod. I made a TL-29 for a buddy that I'd consider a learning process... I went ahead and finished it for him to beat up but it wasn't anything worth taking pictures of.

This started life as a GEC 71 Bullnose in orange delrin or knifebrite. I can't remember which. I put some Ironwood scales on it. Stainless pivot and shadow bushing. Brass tube and middle pin. Red G10 liner. It's my main carry these days and holding up very well!

FXtVYn8.jpg

3LTk3Ah.jpg

HU2uizw.jpg

lOLhR70.jpg

The last ones I did as sets. Bullnoses and T-Pops with some Westinghouse Rag Micarta. The green Bullnose has white G10 liners and the Yellow has blue. The yellow stuff is unlike anything I've ever seen before and it's really crazy looking.

Email me for more details on these.

ZWpMb37.jpg

N0yHaVW.jpg

XAdrjdM.jpg

4OBHaqt.jpg

6zLibHr.jpg

yk1tmv7.jpg

k11t5IX.jpg

WTHaewA.jpg

yvfnCW2.jpg

That’s really awesome work! I’m looking forward to seeing more!

Back