John Lloyd Knives

It's taken a while to start using some of my new knives. Even though they don't get used hard it was like the first scratch on a new car. Now that I've been carrying and using the Lloyd knives I appreciate them even more, and now that I have a history with them they mean even more to me.

View attachment 960454 View attachment 960455

I use both of mine John, although I doubt I will be able to use them up. My son and grandson will have to finish the job for me.

The stag on this barlow reminds me of the sunset on one side and the sunrise on the other. With the dark streak down the middle on both, they form a nicely matched pair even though the colors are different.

View attachment 960454 View attachment 960455

I use both of mine John, although I doubt I will be able to use them up. My son and grandson will have to finish the job for me.

The stag on this barlow reminds me of the sunset on one side and the sunrise on the other. With the dark streak down the middle on both, they form a nicely matched pair even though the colors are different.
It makes a wonderful picture frame too.

This knife showed up today....thanks VCM3 VCM3 for the smooth transaction. This knife is amazing in every way possible. Perfect fit and finish, snappy and the covers are gonna age nicely. I can't believe I have a custom traditional folder!!!!
p2mbF7H.jpg

This knife showed up today....thanks VCM3 VCM3 for the smooth transaction. This knife is amazing in every way possible. Perfect fit and finish, snappy and the covers are gonna age nicely. I can't believe I have a custom traditional folder!!!!
p2mbF7H.jpg
Nice pic Taylor. John deserves all the credit ,his knives are really a big hit these days. Enjoy it,-Vince

Nice pic Taylor. John deserves all the credit ,his knives are really a big hit these days. Enjoy it,-Vince
It has been great watching John’s knives evolve over the years. Vince has done a good job getting those knives into people’s hands.

Last edited:
View attachment 964930

@John L I am Lee on Vincent’s Facebook. This is the type of sowbelly I am have hoping to find if the muse strikes you! I really like the paper micarta on that Rabbit Knife as well. I hope your finger has healed up, and I will keep watching your new releases.

tmd_87 tmd_87 Congratulations on your Moose Bone! Your photographs show a lot of depth and translucency in the bone. That’s a knife to use proudly and pass on to your kids!

p2mbF7H.jpg

That is a gorgeous knife. I agree that the more you use it that one is just going to get better and better looking. I know how you feel on receiving it. Mine gave me this giddy feeling all over:):)

Thanks guys for your good words,it's encouraging. John & I laugh about the first time I met him at the Blade Show. As I approached his table & got closer I saw a pile of knives,in a pile in the middle of the table . To handle them,one would " rake " through them to pick one out. His knives have come a very long way since then.

It is in my opinion , with this many builds under his belt , not only has he perfected things greatly,but has developed a skill for looking at knives , spying what he likes ,and then creates his inspired version. He makes up , a new to him knife style , and "knocks it outta the park". The springs are sometimes different shapes but he knows just how to work them to get the action just right & make it all work,and at the same time putting a finish on it that's good looking and yet modestly priced. Handle materials are icing on the cake. He tries stuff and gets it done.

I don't know if I was there the very first time you met him at Blade Vince, but I recall a similar experience when I went by his table at Blade, along with a lot of stag on top of and around his table.

Back