1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

John Lloyd Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Campbellclanman, Jul 17, 2011.

1. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    It's taken a while to start using some of my new knives. Even though they don't get used hard it was like the first scratch on a new car. Now that I've been carrying and using the Lloyd knives I appreciate them even more, and now that I have a history with them they mean even more to me.

2. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    86BF438C-D648-400B-AF48-7E724346134A.jpeg 342A9C58-E1D9-4408-AAC6-E919EA5E8D1B.jpeg

I use both of mine John, although I doubt I will be able to use them up. My son and grandson will have to finish the job for me.

The stag on this barlow reminds me of the sunset on one side and the sunrise on the other. With the dark streak down the middle on both, they form a nicely matched pair even though the colors are different.

Gevonovich, VCM3, Spaten and 6 others like this.
  3. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    It makes a wonderful picture frame too.

Leslie Tomville likes this.
  4. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    This knife showed up today....thanks @VCM3 for the smooth transaction. This knife is amazing in every way possible. Perfect fit and finish, snappy and the covers are gonna age nicely. I can't believe I have a custom traditional folder!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Great folder @tmd_87 !

I really need to stop visiting this thread....

tmd_87 and VCM3 like this.
  6. VCM3

VCM3 Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 26, 2005
    Nice pic Taylor. John deserves all the credit ,his knives are really a big hit these days. Enjoy it,-Vince

tmd_87 likes this.
  7. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    And a special one at that.

tmd_87 and VCM3 like this.
  8. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Such a great knife!!! I love it!

9. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    That one is beautiful and I think meant to be yours, congrats!

tmd_87 likes this.
  10. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    It has been great watching John’s knives evolve over the years. Vince has done a good job getting those knives into people’s hands.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    VCM3 likes this.
  11. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    And I can't thank both of them enough. The knives speak for themselves.. Both John and Vincent are a pleasure to work with.

VCM3 and Lostball like this.
  12. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Aye Aye!

VCM3 likes this.
  13. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Nice Knives Leslie and tmd_87, I agree Mike, Vince has worked hard by getting these knives to our attention!

VCM3 and tmd_87 like this.
  14. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    3E1BF6AA-B4CB-48F6-8CC4-AD08DC11AE39.jpeg

@John L I am Lee on Vincent’s Facebook. This is the type of sowbelly I am have hoping to find if the muse strikes you! I really like the paper micarta on that Rabbit Knife as well. I hope your finger has healed up, and I will keep watching your new releases.

@tmd_87 Congratulations on your Moose Bone! Your photographs show a lot of depth and translucency in the bone. That’s a knife to use proudly and pass on to your kids!

15. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    That is a gorgeous knife. I agree that the more you use it that one is just going to get better and better looking. I know how you feel on receiving it. Mine gave me this giddy feeling all over:):)

16. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

I'm excited to finally contribute to this thread with a Eureka! Can't wait to use this one, as it just begs for work :thumbsup:

navaja, dispatch184, VCM3 and 6 others like this.
  17. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    CONGRATS

ArchVV likes this.
  18. VCM3

VCM3 Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 26, 2005
    Thanks guys for your good words,it's encouraging. John & I laugh about the first time I met him at the Blade Show. As I approached his table & got closer I saw a pile of knives,in a pile in the middle of the table . To handle them,one would " rake " through them to pick one out. His knives have come a very long way since then.

It is in my opinion , with this many builds under his belt , not only has he perfected things greatly,but has developed a skill for looking at knives , spying what he likes ,and then creates his inspired version. He makes up , a new to him knife style , and "knocks it outta the park". The springs are sometimes different shapes but he knows just how to work them to get the action just right & make it all work,and at the same time putting a finish on it that's good looking and yet modestly priced. Handle materials are icing on the cake. He tries stuff and gets it done.

19. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    I don't know if I was there the very first time you met him at Blade Vince, but I recall a similar experience when I went by his table at Blade, along with a lot of stag on top of and around his table.

Campbellclanman and VCM3 like this.
  20. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Nice Knife Arch!

ArchVV likes this.