John Lloyd Knives

gYGJmMZ.jpg

Some new ones This is Don Hanson's Remington pattern,John says,a little wider than the " Fat Penny" The twowith old micarta are Don's Damascus and the " Ruby Red" stag,raindrop by Alabama Damascus Pinchable openers these are beasts .

gYGJmMZ.jpg

Some new ones This is Don Hanson's Remington pattern,John says,a little wider than the " Fat Penny" The twowith old micarta are Don's Damascus and the " Ruby Red" stag,raindrop by Alabama Damascus Pinchable openers these are beasts .

Nice knives. You sure it's patterned after a Hanson? I have a 90s version of his take on a Remington and it's handle isn't like that. Did Don change his design?

John is very enthusiastic about these knife builds . As many as he does ,there's few doubles. These are my Slims .

kVkLn83.jpg

I launched a sale this morning in the dealer FS sub forum ,there's a few nice folders available offered at reduced pricing Thanks everyone
Vince my friend, that Middle one rocks!!! Gorgeous Knife !

Hey there everyone.
Well, as we have noticed John Lloyd's name is popping up in the forum here and there.
I have just had the arrival of two of his knives, I already have posted a couple of photos of two of this same maker in my other thread, and the gunstock knife with the fish shield has had quite a few very favourable comments, and rightly so, as that knife is a lovely, well made knife...here are my two latest from John Lloyd.
I want to thank Vince for his help here with me getting these great knives 👍

John Lloyd slimeline Trapper
Please forgive the first 2 photos-quite blurry, my light was running out very fast, and the snaps were taken in haste, but hopefully you can look past this and see the knife ok.
Three of my Lloyds are a step above from what may be some of Johns previous work?..I can understand this, and would love to be in a postion of even being able to make his earlier knives ( if this is actually the case-I am not too sure so forgive me )
This slimline has great walk and talk, nice smooth action, easy pull to open, would be a 3/10, absolutely fantastic Stag. Fit and finish is just superb. If you wanted to fault this knife, there is a slight gap in the spring, and one side of the blade( the face) there is a imperfection or better described as a wave in the face -again only slight-you may have seen this in the 70's Solingen fixed blades a lot-as this was most common with them.
The fit of the blade to the spring is near perfect when open, great snap in all areas, spring is nice and flush when at half stop ( now Im not too sure if this is a sign of quality here-but on my production knives-most have the spring exposed when at half stop ).
I notice that John has different Tang stamps as well, it would be interesting to find out just why this is?
In one of the photos you can see a few scratches-the light makes these stand out terribly and are only very very slight, this is not caused by any blade rub.
The faults I have stated dont mean anything at all to me, as I look at what I paid for the knife, and balance that out to the knife itself...the knife is in my eyes just a beaut, and this stays with me :D..here it is.
myknives002-9.jpg

myknives001-10.jpg

myknives003-9.jpg

myknives004-8.jpg

John Lloyd drop point Folder
If I have described this model wrong-please correct me :eek:
Man...this knife is a honey, again...stunning Stag, once again with John his fit and finish is superb...it really is.
The blade - as with the slimline Trapper is 52100, please...could I have your opinions of this steel, I have a jack that is one of Johns, made from the same steel, and I found it quite easy to get a very sharp edge.
Pull on the knife would be a 4/10...perfect for me, extremely strong snap in all areas, the blade is hollow ground-like the older cut-throats ... this knife is simply beautifull, and again for the price I paid...the quality is far superior as to what I was expecting.
Love those swedges.
So...this is what makes me think that we should ( I am hoping ) see a lot more of the maker in the future...I have no previous knowledge of this guy and I am only going by my very short experience with his knives so far ...if he has been around for a while? he has slipped under my radar anyway, but Im glad I know of him now...here is my other John Lloyd...( note the different stamping)
Thank you folks for having a look, I hope it was worth your time in doing so.
Have a great day.
myknives007-8.jpg

myknives006-8.jpg

myknives008-9.jpg

myknives009-8.jpg

myknives010-6.jpg
Good grief what a monster swedge! How long did he have to hold his breath to cut that! I love it!

Back