John Prine

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
John Prine has been hospitalized and is in critical condition. I've never been one to fawn over celebrities but John Prine has been my musical Guardian Angel since I was 17. His songwriting always goes straight inside my head, swims around and scrapes off barnacles.

I'm kind of busted up about this and hope he pulls through. He beat throat cancer years ago and continued making albums, I hope he can get through this.

I'm sorry to hear that, John. I never heard much of his stuff, but my sister was always a huge fan - I'll pass this on to her. Fingers crossed.

It sucks! I'm like you, John, he's been a musical influence on me since the late '70's, from Angel from Montgomery, to Spanish Pipe Dream and Sam Stone.

Hope he has one more good fight left in him!

Wow. I hadn't heard. I hope he can beat this.

The man has made music all his very own - a classic original - one of the best for certain.
Steady on Mr. Prine.

He played a lot at The Old Town School of Folk Music. An amazing musician.

Wasn't familiar, but sorry to hear this. Also read that Joe Diffie and Alan Merrill have died from the virus.
:(

Really sorry to hear this. I am a shameless metalhead so I am not overly familiar with his work but I'll definitely give some of his tunes a listen.

I never paid attention to the lyrics of music until I heard John Prine, it opened a whole new world to me. Of all the music I've listened to (and I'm all over the board), Prine has always been a constant.

I find it interesting that I haven't heard much from Prine in the past - just goes to show how vast the musical world is. The tunes I am listening to so far remind me a bit of Bob Dylan, even hints of some Roger Miller (for all of my head banging ways, I LOVE Roger Miller) - still have a lot to listen to though, I am sure more discovery is in order.

I'm really hoping he pulls through.

So glad to hear this.

"John Prine is in stable condition after being hospitalized last week while being treated for COVID-19 symptoms, his wife Fiona Whelan Prine said on social media on Monday."

So glad to hear this.

"John Prine is in stable condition after being hospitalized last week while being treated for COVID-19 symptoms, his wife Fiona Whelan Prine said on social media on Monday."
Wow, let's hope this is a turnaround :thumbsup:
I heard that he was sick with covid on the radio this morning. It was a punch to the gut. I was pissed, sad and frustrated all at once. "No, not John, please not John," I said. He's a treasure.

A friend sent this along; maybe it helped John find some fight :thumbsup:

Great song, I always thought Prine wrote it but thanks to mitch4ging mitch4ging I found out it was written by Blaze Foley, another songwriter that reminds you that the best part of being human is.... being human.

Man, what a great song... It's going to put me to sleep at my desk. Not a bad thing, there's a restful element to this music that is hard to stop listening to.

Back