• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Jonathan takhalov

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyedges

Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will
Gold Member
Platinum Member
Went to buy a g&g deadlock from this person this morning, posted I'll take it and followed up with a pm. We nearly had an agreement but the upgraded shipping speed I requested apparently costed 45 instead of 25 and the extra 15.00 I sent on top of the 1400.00 was not enough, he wanted another 15.00. I told him I thought 15 dollars was petty. I do think it was petty over a 1400.00 knife sale, but the reason I voiced it was petty was because I was already uneasy about a comment he made earlier in PM. Despite the warning sign of him spending the money before I even recieved the knife I was going to go through with the transaction because I really wanted the deadlock. I can afford to send another 15.00, but it just nagged me the money was being spent before I even got the knife.

During the pms he says he planned on bidding on a knife with the funds from this sale... what if there was something undisclosed about this knife and I wanted to return it? He would have spent the money?

I will say, he refunded my money so no issue there.

I posted screen shots.

Screenshot_20191102-161329_Samsung Internet.jpg

You two never came to an agreement over an "extra" you, yourself requested, so he gave you a full refund.

Not exactly sure what you're posting this for?

And as for him already having the money going towards another knife, while I highly recommend not doing that, that's none of you business unless there's a problem with it not arriving, or not being "as advertised", but not really your call to make until that time.

And I'll tag him so he knows I started this:

My price included G&S shipping insured via usps, you wanted something different and didn’t want to pay the difference. No knife is worth creating a headache so I refunded you and I missed out on a grail I was chasing. There’s nothing wrong with my deadlock, I was only selling to fund another purchase, and whether or not you agree it’s a pretty common practice.
If there was something wrong with it I would’ve mentioned it.

I as the seller set the terms of sale, and you as the buyer can accept or deny. Not vice versa.

also, if you’re so uneasy about the situation you should be happy I refunded you. You’re trying to instigate something because you’re upset I didn’t agree to your terms.

I wish you all the best in finding a deadlock.

Take care,
Jonny

My price included G&S shipping insured via usps, you wanted something different and didn’t want to pay the difference. No knife is worth creating a headache so I refunded you and I missed out on a grail I was chasing. There’s nothing wrong with my deadlock, I was only selling to fund another purchase, and whether or not you agree it’s a pretty common practice.
If there was something wrong with it I would’ve mentioned it.

I as the seller set the terms of sale, and you as the buyer can accept or deny. Not vice versa.

also, if you’re so uneasy about the situation you should be happy I refunded you. You’re trying to instigate something because you’re upset I didn’t agree to your terms.

I wish you all the best in finding a deadlock.

Take care,
Jonny

I'm not instigating anything, I am letting people here know that if they deal with you, that before they even recieve their knife that you may have spent their money. That is the literal point of the GBU, since we did not complete a transaction, no feedback can be left, I did think it was pertinent for other people to know they may have an issue with you spending their money and not being able to refund them if they wanted to return the knife.

Deadlocks are still being made, no biggie to miss out on this one, surely I'll find another.

Going forward, you should be aware no deal is done here until both parties are satisfied, which means spending the paypal someone sent you instantly after you recieved it, is frowned upon because the deal isn't done.

While spending the money before the knife is received may not be the safest or best policy, it is up to the seller. If there is a problem he still must come up with the money to refund you-that is his problem to do , even if it means selling knives. I prefer to leave the money with PP until the deal is done, but if I decide to buy something(through PP) I am not aware of any way to do it without using that money. PP want to use those funds 1st before going to other sources . The money from the sale is not my only money, so for me this isn't going to be a huge problem.
But as Shinyedges says the seller could be responsible for a refund, and saying I spent it is not going to be a satisfactory answer. A problem didn't occur so I have none with the seller, but I have seen members get themselves in a bind doing this.

Last edited:
I'm not instigating anything, I am letting people here know that if they deal with you, that before they even recieve their knife that you may have spent their money. That is the literal point of the GBU, since we did not complete a transaction, no feedback can be left, I did think it was pertinent for other people to know they may have an issue with you spending their money and not being able to refund them if they wanted to return the knife.

Deadlocks are still being made, no biggie to miss out on this one, surely I'll find another.

Going forward, you should be aware no deal is done here until both parties are satisfied, which means spending the paypal someone sent you instantly after you recieved it, is frowned upon because the deal isn't done.

the money I spend on hobbies is separate from the money I have set aside in my savings and for my responsibilities. So if I want to fund luxury I will sacrifice another luxury first. you’re working under the presumption that:

A) there’s something wrong with the knife I offered

B) I wouldn’t be able to remedy a situation if something were to occur.

C) I’m operating with a malicious motive to rip others off.

none of which is true and none of which you can prove.

I’m well aware The transaction isn’t complete till the buyer receives the knife, but I never sent you anything. And I’m thankfully in a position that I would be able to refund someone if need be. I honestly don’t believe I would need to though since the knife is as described and I’m shipping insured, thus I’m not concerned.

I as the seller set a Price that includes PayPal fees and insured shipping. You can agree, disagree, or negotiate these terms. The terms need to be mutually accepted.

The only thing I’m guilty of is believing you when you told me the price of over night shipping and not looking into it myself.

it’s also quite useful to your narrative to leave out the part where I rushed to the post office today and got there 15min before closing instead of making you wait till Monday for me to ship, all because you wanted it expedited. Once I arrived I found out the actual price and messaged you immediately with 2 options.

Option 1) I ship insured regular priority mail and refund you the difference FF

option 2) you PayPal me the remainder of the funds needed to ship over night.

to which you responded to, at least a half hour later, that I’m being “petty”.

The same way I don’t have to cover international shipping, I don’t have to cover your over night shipping.

just because you’re upset does not make you right.

Amusing, lots of words to justify having to sell a knife to fund another knife before the knife you sold even gets to the buyer. (That's a mouth full lol)

If you are that well to do then you wouldn't be attempting to sell a knife in desperation within 2 hours to buy another knife. Bottom line is, if the knife is lost, a rock gets mailed to someone, the knife isn't as described or the buyer wants a refund for whatever reason (obviously within a reasonable amount of time) guess who's on the hook for refunding that money you spent?

All that back up money you got and your grail slipped away huh? Pardon me if I'm skeptical.

I know who's coming across as the better person in this aborted exchange and it ain't the buyer...

Of course I should have written the alleged buyer who failed to live up to his end of a deal he initiated.

Last edited:
Shrug, glean what you will. My mistake was not terminating the deal when I found out he was going spend the money before I even got the knife. I was nearly willing to ignore that because I wanted the knife.

I just see no reason for this thread. Just my take on it. The price was listed on the sale post, you agreed to it, and then you wanted an upgrade in shipping speed but didn't want to pay for it? The seller seems like he did everything he was supposed to. I don't see anything sleazy on his end. The seller sets the terms of the sale. He could have eaten the extra $15 if he wanted to but that wasn't what was agreed on. If he did pay it, would you have started a GBU thread thanking him?

Also, I do the same thing as the seller here; I keep my hobby cash separate from my savings and I try not to dig into my savings if I can avoid it. Sometimes I spend the cash right when I get it. Sometimes I miss out on a knife I'm chasing because I don't want to dig into my savings. Just means I don't want to put myself in a bad situation. It doesn't mean that I couldn't refund someone if I had to. What he does with the cash is his business. And the other thing is, you paid G&S. It doesn't matter if he has the cash or not, or even if he drops off the face of the earth. Open a PayPal case and it'll all be returned to you. It might make his account go negative but your cash is safe so I don't understand why that's an issue. Someone is being petty here and it sure ain't the seller.

I'm not instigating anything, I am letting people here know that if they deal with you, that before they even recieve their knife that you may have spent their money.

And as pointed out here repeatedly, only if or when, you ask for a refund and are told "I don't have the money", is that any of your business.

Ever hear the phrase "when you're in a hole, stop digging"? You're coming across as VERY petty and childish, you might want to dial it back.

And as pointed out here repeatedly, only if or when, you ask for a refund and are told "I don't have the money", is that any of your business.

Ever hear the phrase "when you're in a hole, stop digging"? You're coming across as VERY petty and childish, you might want to dial it back.
I may be in the minority that thinks it's unwise to spend the money from a sale before the transaction is complete, that's fine. I've seen many holes "dug" here and I don't think this holds a candle to them but again, this is only my opinion.

I've eaten crow before and I may be eating some crow for dinner tonight lol That's fine, I can take my lumps. I don't have to agree with you to take my lumps though.

Sounds like the only real problem here is that the seller mentioned he was going to use some of HIS funds from the sale of one knife to help fund another. On a knife forum? Go figure. So if the seller wasn’t up front about his intentions to begin with the buyer wouldn’t have started this thread? Maybe if the seller had said he was spending the money as soon as he received it and if there was a subsequent problem with the sale the buyer would be out of luck, there would be something to complain about. But this? Nah. The way I see it, this thread is completely unjustified.

Amusing, lots of words to justify having to sell a knife to fund another knife before the knife you sold even gets to the buyer. (That's a mouth full lol)

If you are that well to do then you wouldn't be attempting to sell a knife in desperation within 2 hours to buy another knife. Bottom line is, if the knife is lost, a rock gets mailed to someone, the knife isn't as described or the buyer wants a refund for whatever reason (obviously within a reasonable amount of time) guess who's on the hook for refunding that money you spent?

All that back up money you got and your grail slipped away huh? Pardon me if I'm skeptical.

I’m sorry I try to be financially responsible?

the deadlock had been up since last night. I posted it as soon as a friend send me a link to the knife I was after. I actually refunded you like 30min before the bid ended.

and you wanna know why I refunded you?
Because you have this flagrant disregard for my time and effort when I attempted to work with you.

I posted my batch 7 deadlock at a notably cheaper price than the few others I’ve seen listed, I rushed to the post office so I could ship it out for you today, And I stood around at the end of the line waiting for your response till I was the last person there and told to leave. So after rearranging my schedule, putting in the effort To ship out today, and wasting my time standing around at the post office for 30min (once the post office closes they still check out whoever’s left online before shutting down the windows) you have the temerity to tell me I’m being “petty” and expect me to cover your extra shipping charge?

no thanks, I’ve lost any and all interest in dealing with you. Ill sleep fine knowing I missed another grail, it’s not the first and won’t be the last. it was never about the 15$, it’s about
the principle. I Politely ended up our conversation via PM saying something along the lines “ I understand. I just refunded you, thank you for your interest.” and you respond by creating a thread dragging my name through the mud?

Continue to say what you will about me, I know I did nothing wrong and Those who have dealt with me know my character. In fact if you click a few threads back here in the GBU you’ll find a positive post about me regarding a sale.

I get this may be difficult for you to fathom and I’m sure pictures are more your caliber, but I have neither the time nor the caryons to carry on this dispute Any further.

I truly wish you all the best In all of your endeavors. just do both of us a favor and don’t involve me.

Last edited:
Criminy, the survive! clown lol Well you win some ya lose some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back