Jumbo jacks!

tack this one on
WVuok97.jpg

Someone else posted this Case earlier and it has my interest piqued, I might have to hunt one down. I really wish that Case would make swell end Jacks again.
Thanks, other than the gap around the shield its great. Funny thing is the pawn shop where I got it is a little more than an hour from me,but near to where my boss has a house on the coast we're remodeling. Several months ago I stopped in and looked at the Case,but ended up buying an Hibbard Spencer and Bartlett OVB daddy barlow instead. But today with this thread and the GEC 86's in mind I said to myself going in "If that yellow jumbo is still here it was meant to be mine" guess it was meant to be. :D:thumbsup:

Charlie, those look fantastic! If I remember correctly, you had a couple of Jumbo Jacks in your case at the Oregon Knife Show that caught my interest. They were certainly an experience and definitely not an unpleasant one!
They are hard to forget, Dylan!!:rolleyes:
Ha ha, I have sold a couple, but I don't remember where!!:eek:
But I have socked the rest away!!:)

I just got this 86 from the exchange thanks to @Shawn Best , its destined to be a Christmas gift for my Dad. But while I have it I thought a little side by side would be neat.
4BtS5QJ.jpg
nCkXEQK.jpg

While the handle is longer on the Case the blades are the same length. Obviously the 86 has a bit more belly,and not to ruffle any feathers, but the recurve is so slight I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about:rolleyes: My 97 has a slight recurve and I sharpen it as I would any of my other knives,again its very slight as well.
aoUM5Eh.jpg

Here the Case looks quite a bit bigger, but its actually a bit slimmer looking down from the spine. GEC does a great job of getting allot of blade into a frame imo.

Being single blade, not sure if these fit Charlie's definition of true jumbo jacks or not? They are large, 4 1/4", with a 3/16" thick backspring.View attachment 1238807
How can you not call them Jumbo??:D
I suppose you could substitute "Monster", but those are big'uns fer sher!!!:)
Naming patterns is a movable feast!!!:D No one is the final authority!! Even Case stumbles in their efforts to market knives, confusing Cattle knives and Stockmen!
I like Bernie Levine's guidelines in LGIV. He did a good job of organizing and actually publishing pattern names. I will stay in my little rut!!!:p

How can you not call them Jumbo??:D
I suppose you could substitute "Monster", but those are big'uns fer sher!!!:)
Naming patterns is a movable feast!!!:D No one is the final authority!! Even Case stumbles in their efforts to market knives, confusing Cattle knives and Stockmen!
I like Bernie Levine's guidelines in LGIV. He did a good job of organizing and actually publishing pattern names. I will stay in my little rut!!!:p

Nothing wrong with your little rut, Charlie! I also like BL's guidelines. I have a couple of pet peeves in regards to pattern name, but, this is not the place to flog a dead horse.
Here a couple more large knives, both at 4" closed. A Keen Kutter and a Case Tested.

RIMG1918.JPG RIMG1915.JPG

Nothing wrong with your little rut, Charlie! I also like BL's guidelines. I have a couple of pet peeves in regards to pattern name, but, this is not the place to flog a dead horse.
Here a couple more large knives, both at 4" closed. A Keen Kutter and a Case Tested.

View attachment 1238912 View attachment 1238913

whoooooaaaa the keen kutter's blade is sick!!!! would be great as a single blade

Back