Junglas Laserna Pack

I was looking at these packs at Blade....made me wish I had brought more money. Really nice packs!

That's a nice looking pack. I'm going to need something to upgrade my school backpack, hah. I'll keep this in mind when I start looking. :thumbup:

That pack looks smartly designed and well built.

I have but one concern: 88 ounces = 5.5 lbs.

5.5 lbs for a frameless, roughly 2000 cu. in. pack? There are plenty of similarly sized, top quality frameless packs on the market that weigh at least 1-3 lbs less. To me, 1-3 lbs is a lot of weight and represents a big part of my foot travel weight budget.

Isn't "go as light as possible" a central tenet of jungle travel?

Ounces become pounds and pounds become pain.

Well, after a lot of deliberation I ordered a Tactical Tailor Modular Operator Pack in OD. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it which should be tomorrow :)

That pack looks smartly designed and well built.

I have but one concern: 88 ounces = 5.5 lbs.

5.5 lbs for a frameless, roughly 2000 cu. in. pack? There are plenty of similarly sized, top quality frameless packs on the market that weigh at least 1-3 lbs less. To me, 1-3 lbs is a lot of weight and represents a big part of my foot travel weight budget.

Isn't "go as light as possible" a central tenet of jungle travel?

Ounces become pounds and pounds become pain.

It's built like a tank! :D After dragging various high-end packs through the jungle for years and watching them disintegrate, I started carrying a Becker Patrol Pack (heavy bag also). Never regretted it and still love the pack except for the top load. The Junglas Pack fixes some of the downfalls of the BPP, in my opinion.

I dont regret purchasing the Junglas pack...
Heavy duty ...if your a hiker in remote areas, off grid camping; this pack is Great....I have used Kelty & The North Face packs and snag 'em of limbs etc and you know ,little rips/holes etc.
not this pack.....

I dont regret purchasing the Junglas pack...
Heavy duty ...if your a hiker in remote areas, off grid camping; this pack is Great....I have used Kelty & The North Face packs and snag 'em of limbs etc and you know ,little rips/holes etc.
not this pack.....

Wow... my NorthFace pack is at least 20 years old, and I haven't torn it yet. They must have some really tough area's down there in TX! :) Not like here where is it all sunshine and rainbows. (we got snow on Mt Washington yesterday, 7/1/2010).

I have been sticking with my CamelBack Motherload this year, mostly because I haven't found a reason to change. But I would love to compare this pack against my CB and my Maxpedition Typhoon.

Texas has some mean Thorn Trees not counting Cactus and Briars other pokey things.
Mesquite Tree thorns,will kill 4x4 tires 3"-6" thorns on average
Mesquite20Thorns.jpg

Last edited:
Texas has some mean Thorn Trees not counting Cactus and Briars other pokey things.
Mesquite Tree thorns,will kill 4x4 tires 3"-6" thorns on average
Mesquite20Thorns.jpg

Tx toothpicks I see :)

We have some nasty thorns and such here too... I guess I just didn't think of it that way. Still have to admit, my old Northface is still in good shape (I am whispering, if the wife knew she'd brain me for buy more packs!).

those look a lot like our honey locust thorns - only the wrong color.

Hey folks, just a quick question, just about to buy a pack. I realize the warranty that applies to the knives doesn't apply to softgoods, so what sort of warranty does the Laserna have? I've had a quick comb through the FAQ but couldn't find anything.

cheers!

PS. You do sent internationally now, don't you?

Last edited:
Hey folks, just a quick question, just about to buy a pack. I realize the warranty that applies to the knives doesn't apply to softgoods, so what sort of warranty does the Laserna have? I've had a quick comb through the FAQ but couldn't find anything.

cheers!

PS. You do sent internationally now, don't you?

Don't know about the warranty. They do ship internationally but you need to contact them first via email to sort out he shipping cost.

I just ordered one of these in OD yesterday. Along with a coffee mug and a few 5/6 pouches.

I had been eyeing this pack for a few months now and after seeing TTD's pics, clicking the add to cart button was easy.

I'm thinking this pack will go well with my Max Jumbo KISS versipack.

Back