Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

wlyo9e.jpg

That is super cool Dave. Stunning set of steak cutlery.
Thank you sir! Started out as a set of eight but weird stuff happens sometime. I was doing the post het treat grinding on one and the blade literally snapped in half. AEB-L is some of the cleanest steel there is but there was an inclusion that created a weak spot. I was trimming the excess bolster material on the other one and dang if the band saw blade caught and rotated the knife over cutting deeply into the finished bolster on the other side. The blade is fine but I'll have to saw the bolster and handle material off on that one and start over. Thousands of knives with bolsters and I've never have had that happen before.

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley , Gary - I love your photos of these knives. You capture their compelling beauty. I'm very glad you have been so taken by Le Garonnais. I agree, it is splendid example of a no nonsense working folder. I passed it on because my working folders these days are one handed flippers and so this beauty would go much under appreciated. You are correcting that, as I knew you would.

AND - for the record - Le Garonnais was not simply a gift but also payment for service rendered. You did me a great favor properly resharpening the other Frenchie - Le Capuchadou. :thumbsup: I thank you very much. Enjoy Le Garonnais - looking forward to seeing it in it's new G2 sheath.

Ray

Back