Just For Fun! - If you could have 5 New DFK designs what would they be?

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Which 5 would you choose?

They have to be something you think up, not something I already make! Have fun! :)

I'll go first

1. Tomahawk - big and tough
2. new take on a classic design, maybe a Loveless Fighter but DFK style! minimalist and with integral guard
3. small sword - American Tanto style
4. Ti Kerambit
5. mini pack hawk - light and compact

1. Modular Hawk

2. Combat Kitchen Cutlery

3. DFK prouction Frikkie

4. Poonrigger

5. Damascus deli slicer blade

If I can't get No.5, I'd like .125" Ti fighters with knocker pommels, camo G10 and bronze ano stonewash finish.

I like it!

On the Deli Slicer are you talking about a knife for general food prep, like a Chef's knife but not as tall of a blade? Kitchen Cutlery will happen! :D

I was thinking about the modular Hawk today actually...

I'm working on a new frickie design too, it's going to be cool.

Thanks! great stuff...

If I can't get No.5, I'd like .125" Ti fighters with knocker pommels, camo G10 and bronze ano stonewash finish.

Sounds killer!

I want to do a Ti fighter inspired by the 1980's Tekna Dive Knife, that would be cool with scales too! Fighter blade, not the Tekna dagger style...

How about a 1/2" stock, tapered tang Titanium tomahawk? It might not be massive enough to be functional, but it would be rad and I'd want one. Probably couldn't afford it, but :cool:

1. Flipper
2. Bowie w/ hollow hilt
3. Tomahawk
4. Kitchen/slicer
5. Trit bead or lantern

No, I mean a Damascus replacement blade for this unit! :D

photo_zps206cf063.jpg

Without a chisel grind?

You mean a piece of flat ground bar stock?

How about a 1/2" stock, tapered tang Titanium tomahawk? It might not be massive enough to be functional, but it would be rad and I'd want one. Probably couldn't afford it, but :cool:

That sounds too cool! Just send me some .5" stock and it's on! :D

1. Flipper
2. Bowie w/ hollow hilt
3. Tomahawk
4. Kitchen/slicer
5. Trit bead or lantern

Awesome list! I'm really liking it. We need survival knives, kitchen knives and fun gear!

No, I mean a Damascus replacement blade for this unit! :D

Can I do a swedge grind, if so it's on! Chisel with infinite blood groove for maximum penetration.

How about a DFK spin on the USMC Ka-bar?
Full tang (maybe somewhat lightened), fuller on one side only, chisel ground with bevel on opposite side and a compound ground tip for increased strength?
Frickie
DFK modern take on a slippie.
Waki
And one of them big choppers

1. Fully serrated ((large wide type, something like this) not 2, not 3 sizes..) LARGE cleaver/saw beast... About 8in blade, 1/4thick min. FFG. Large tenderizer pommel. Like a spiked meat hammer. edit: <--- in the link I'm referring to the first and third picture...

2. A MOFOin' S7 throwing star, design up for discussion :) center hole, and 5 spikes/tips.. perhaps with miniture side "teeth".. again, up for discussion.

3. Ti chopsticks. The ends that would be above hand should taper to 3/8in inch and be knobbed being a great striking end like a kubuton.

4. TSA frickkie with bells and whistles, like a tritium tube inlayed in the back spacer. ;]

5. Cutlass shaped blade flipper. CPM154. Ti slabs contoured or heavily textured/scalloped.

and just because... 6. A mace.

Last edited:
You guys are killing it in the design idea department! :cool:

We are all on the same page on design that is for sure...

Wow! This should be fun.

1) Ti Shank
2) Marlinspike
3) Kitchen Knives
4) Throwing Needle
5) Another Bottle Opening Tool

Well shit- then how about a DFK entry/demo tool? All fuggin' spikes, crushers, mallet heads, sick serrations, nail pullers, turn signals, and sphignomanometer.

Back