1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Just ordered an ebony 110

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Hickory n steel, Jun 4, 2019.

1. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    No photos necessary. Your words are coming through just fine. Glad your father is happy with it. It's a special gift, especially coming from his son. :thumbsup:

jbmonkey likes this.
  2. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thank you.

Now I've just gotta buy my brother a 110lt for his birthday ( half brother technically, but there's no difference to us )
    I should have bought it already since his birthday is tomorrow, but he's not expecting anything from me anyways so he'll be even more surprised.
    Just gotta get his mailing address since he recently moved.

TAH, MolokaiRider and KarlG like this.
  3. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    These are great knives. Ebony rules!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AntDog, KarlG, onionfan and 8 others like this.
  4. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Nice thread. Always a treat to see family gift family with heirloom tools.

The 110 in ebony looks great. Methinks it be on thee wishlist!

jbmonkey likes this.
  5. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I'm not into finger grooves because they're not a universal fit for all hands, but they definitely look nice.

6. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I love the way they look and feel. For heavy duty work I would still probably go with a standard for a more full grip. I want at least one of each 110 and 112 though. I'm a fan of these Ebony knives. Good job Buck!

TAH likes this.
  7. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    DSC01195.JPG I just purchased a used 110 for 30 bucks...…. I figured It could be a user. When I opened the box I found this.

Now That's a real wood knife!

8. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    That's supposed to be used ?

9. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    used as in not brand new in the box or packaging and untouched. I doubt he means "used" as in processed a bunch of game and cut up boxes etc etc.

10. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    It was probably a customer return. And was listed as a used Buck 110. The box was all beat up, so a collector probably sent it back.
    It's my new user. Usually I regret using them 'cause they are so pretty, hence my used purchase.

I'll get over it. lol

It came with a nylon sheath, but I've been wanting to try one of those out anyway.
    So it's cool.

jbmonkey likes this.
  11. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Stopped at an Academy Sports yesterday to buy a new fishing lure, of course I had to browse the Buck Knife section. They had one with old handles and one new ebony Buck 110 on the display peg - the transition is well underway. OH

BuckShack likes this.