KA-BAR Product Development Friday!

One of my possible projects is to get a camp knife and put a Toooj handle on it. WANT.

One of my possible projects is to get a camp knife and put a Toooj handle on it. WANT.

That might be cool. You could always grab a cutlass machete and cut out the smaller camp knife sized blade.

One of these:

warthog.jpg

But with this handle:

images

I bet people would go nuts for a zombie warthog.

I love the idea of this "Zombie Warthog" more and more, every time I think about it (Quite a lot actually..). If they make these ($40 range), I'll buy 2 ;) there's my pledge..

I love the idea of this "Zombie Warthog" more and more, every time I think about it (Quite a lot actually..). If they make these ($40 range), I'll buy 2 ;) there's my pledge..

I bet they could come in about that if it's made overseas but I'd gladly pay $100 for it.

I bet they could come in about that if it's made overseas but I'd gladly pay $100 for it.
If we were gonna push near $100 (street value), I've always felt like the blade on my LHB falls just about 2 inches too short.

I'd like to see one in 1095 coming in at 11" blade length, doesn't need to be as thick, with Micarta Becker style handles (included, that's why the high price.) Call it the K-unglas ;) the Junglas' evil (cheaper/more competive) Beckerized twin...

I'd like to see a sprint run of the D2 Extreme KaBar with no serrations on the blade and the standard KaBar pommel.

Reading through these, my favorite ideas are a short heavy bowie, about the size of a bk2. A kabar "needle " about a 5 inch thin blade. Texas tooth pick style folder or a fixed blade 'cept kabar tough. Both of those would send send $$ flying out of my pocket. And zombie warhog!!!! Except red scales instead of the banana hammock green

Something similar to this..
GFGdxUp.png

If you really wanna get some killing done, this seems like a most logical design. With a better sheath of course and personally, i'd like to see it skinnier, more bayonet like.

Given kabar's millitary fighting knife history, and how popular it remains in that niche today. I think that it would be a big hit if they made a "last ditch" type knife with purely killing in mind, not so much utility.

I would like to see Ka-Bar produce a MkI with a tang 3 times wider than it is right now. on the last 1/4 inch it can taper so the pommel will fit and it can be pinned

That's pretty much how kabars are made already. The tangs are nearly as wide as the handle grips.

I know it's not Thursday, but hey, I'm a rebel! :cool:

Anyway, I would thoroughly appreciate a desert sand/tan handled version of the USMC Fighting/Utility Knife. Just change the color of the olive drab handle and sheath. I've never really liked greens.

I know it's a long shot but I would love to see a 7-8" blade recurve chopper. Something like the TOPs DART. In the ever outstanding 1095 CV.

I'd like to see a sprint run of the D2 Extreme KaBar with no serrations on the blade and the standard KaBar pommel.

Sign me up for at least one. I'd love to see it.

I'd be interested in a junior or an Army totally made from one piece of steel bar, no leather handle

Sort of along the lines as the Chris Reeve old style MKIV (I think)

Don't get me wrong, I like the leather handles, but I think it would be awesome at least as a prototype for me to test out for you?

LOL

I would like to see a neck/belt carry sized knife in polished stainless steel, skeletonized, with spear point/swedge-false edge blade about the same size as the Becker Necker, with the built in can opener.

Back