Kabar Website

The list of of distributors/dealers for international customers could be made very visible on the official website .
With the added info that orders can only be placed by people living in the USA.
So that everyone is able to see what is new and what is out of production. Being able to see all the available Ka-bar products .

The way it is now, is very international customer unfriendly in my opinion.

I agree; unfortunately at this time it is the best we can do. There are a number of factors of why we had to make this change and we would not have done it unless had to. It is something we are continuing to work on and improve. It is not ideal by any means.

I agree; unfortunately at this time it is the best we can do. There are a number of factors of why we had to make this change and we would not have done it unless had to. It is something we are continuing to work on and improve. It is not ideal by any means.
Hopefully this changes soon in the near future.
It's in Ka-bar's interest as well I would think.
I can go to any official website. CRKT, SVORD, CONDOR etc.
It's a bit weird that it is not possible with Ka-bar.
It's one of the most famous knife brands of the USA.
You would expect a glorious good looking site for the whole world to see.
The story of the man who k..bear with the knife of that/ka-bar company.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. If you search it using Tor Browser though, you are able to get to the website even if you are international.

Ping Ka bar, how’s it going with the website? Is it because of the EU gdpr regulations or what? Like others have said, I would like to be able to have a look at ka bar’s website before buying from a local retailer. Thanks 🙏
Daniel

(Deleted part about adding link to catalog, you have that already, thanks!)

Last edited:
It seems Ka-Bar has turned its back on its international customers. Spyderco , Buck , Gerber etc. All have perfectly accessible websites.

Yup - it's very 1990s thinking "let's not show our website to international visitors so that our local country distributors don't get upset" - that might have been true 20 years ago, but the world has moved on. Like every major knife brand.
Still that's one of the reasons I now have a VPN so I can see the info I want without idiotic business decisions.

It's not customer friendly at all.
People want to see all the knives that a company makes.
This is not shown on websites of authorized dealers, or other sellers of their knives.
Just a limited amount of their knives.
All these other brands have a website for all the potential buyers in the whole world to view, but not Ka-bar.. That's peculiar at best.

Looks like Ka-Bar have closed the door on their website access to international customers 😡 oh look Buck and Spyderco still work, I think I’ll have a look at what they’ve got.

Looks like Ka-Bar have closed the door on their website access to international customers 😡 oh look Buck and Spyderco still work, I think I’ll have a look at what they’ve got.
Crazy.
I see it also.
The Ka-bar catalogue is available to see though. That's something ofcourse.
I would like it better if their website is available for Europa and other countries in the world as well though.

Last edited:
OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR : You opened it up and closed it again? Could you tell me the rationale behind this?
It's not rational.

I'm in South Africa and the agents here are useless and expensive. It makes no sense not being able to see the website.

In the meantime there is a lot of online sites in the USA I buy from anyway.

It's not rational.

I'm in South Africa and the agents here are useless and expensive. It makes no sense not being able to see the website.

In the meantime there is a lot of online sites in the USA I buy from anyway.
I buy Ka-bar knives in The Netherlands, from local websites. But it would be better if the official Ka-bar website is available to all to see.

Not sure what's going on with the website,I haven't been able to access it since early last year!
The dealer here in Australia is beyond useless,and no help at all.
I cant even get the dealer page anymore,let alone anything else.
Is this a tech issue?

I think Kabar.com is actually down at the moment - I can't even see it via my VPN connection.

Actually it is working... they've gone bonkers and even blocking VPN access! I connected via San Fran, and site was blocked but when I switched to New York it magically works.

Seriously, there must be some utter idiots who make these decisions....

Back