Kahakali Axe Pants

Hey All,
I did not forget ya. I hope everyone had a great holiday. Been back on the bench and working on Cul's axe sheath. I can tell you it surely is challenging but its coming along. This axe is a curvy one and the leather has several curves and angles as well. I spoke with Cul and he gave me the green light to post some progress pics. I will post more as I get further. The last pic is where I ended today, it is all dyed up and drying, once dry I will glue it up and get to stitching. Hope you like it so far.
Template
XkjRS56.jpg

Hej9QM6.jpg

qBpU2sa.jpg

mTZ4Krn.jpg

Very nice. I wondered how you were going to do that. It looks like the top edge in the picture will be open for the axe blade, with maybe a couple of straps to hold it in place, and some kind of frog for attaching to a belt or backpack. I can sort of visualize a frog that does both. It'll be interesting to see your complete design.

Thats some classy work! Them scallops make it all downtown! Pugs you da man:thumbsup::cool:

ee4cb0358a6b7bfe6e2a647682066a7f

Yep! Gotta have a good frog. Mine's kinda gittin lazy nowadays. He cant handle a full 18" Thamar Chirra no more less i feed'em them bigger June bugs?

Thanks fellas,
David, the sheath is not going to have any belt attachment, there is no practical way to belt carry this blade, its prolly best to pack carry it. The blade is going to drop in the top and be held in place by a retention strap over the handle area of the blade. I will give a top shot pic when complete.
Danny, thanks brother

Looks very nice brother! Can’t wait to see the finished product!
You got any ways for holstering those Yugo M92’s?:p

Ok fellas a little update, been very busy here and trying to get shop time. Got her all stitched up and working on the retention strap and finishing the edges and she will be done. This one I hand stitched as I was afraid of messing it up on the machine. As you prolly see in the one pic of the downward shot the axe has some paracord on it. I used a piece of gutted paracord to help drawing the axe. I can hide it under the strap when its snapped shut. Cul you can remove it when you get it if you dont like it. coming out pretty cool for sure.
kh0Q61R.jpg

wlV2oJm.jpg

Thx pugs! Using a drawstring to bring it out is a super idea! I would've never thought of that.

I'm in love with the knife in Pugs avatar. Keeps me up at night thinking about it.
What a lovely thing it is. Sadly he says it's his favorite too so not making any offers......sigh,
you think 23 bucks would be a good starting point?:rolleyes:

I was meaning to ask him about it too. Sure is a sweet looking piece! Maybe we can talk him into posting a full size pic;)

I already did. It looks even better bigger. Course most things look better bigger, well not all things but some things.

I got first dibs if that puppy ever goes on the block. Don't let that low down snake in the long grass Ndog try to buffalo you into cutting me out of the picture.
That sings.

That is one beautiful blade! That sheath makes it all the better.

I'm just gonna hide in that long grass over yonder, B and Ndog won't see me coming...

Back