Katana Quality For $500+ ???

Howdy All,

Thanks in advance for all the help you can provide this novice in my first katana purchase.
After a great deal of reading of this forum and others I am looking for suggestions for purchasing my first sword.
At this time, the purpose of this blade will be display and admiration. However, I am currently taking some instruction
and may use this blade or another for cutting tasks.

I have admired the Cold Steel Dragonfly series and am aware of its comments, both good and bad. Even with this
information, I find myself drawn to the blade.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Thanks so much.

If you're willing to go over $500 you owe it to yourself to check out what Hanwei and DF offer.

Just noticed that the Dynasty Forge Bushi 1095 Katana Silver Dragon is now in stock.
Any thoughts on this blade?

Thanks

Obviously your mommy didn't teach you "if you don't have something nice to say....."

The statement stands.....the OP's question was legitimate, your response was ignorant.....I called you on it, you don't have to like it.

Many of the people who post in this S/F take it as seriously as the Busseites take their S/F....and don't appreciate when people with little value to add attempt to do so.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Just noticed that the Dynasty Forge Bushi 1095 Katana Silver Dragon is now in stock.

Thanks

Yes,

I enjoy Dynasty Forge swords... that said, I tend to go for the F/F Bushi line . Not because I care about folding, but because they tend to have more meat , and are more likely to have a geometric yokote than the 1095 line. Plus , in my experience , 1095 can get very hard, which might be a tad brittle for some applications.

If you have a budget to customize , I hear the Ronin Katana Hammer Forged Blades are pretty nice . http://sbg-sword-store.sword-buyers-guide.com/product250.html

Hanwei is pretty much the gold standard for production kats... however , we are just on the tail of a large price increase for them. I'd suggest watching the classifieds at SFI and SBG for a goof Hanwei sword such as a Bushido...

The statement stands.....the OP's question was legitimate, your response was ignorant.....I called you on it, you don't have to like it.

Many of the people who post in this S/F take it as seriously as the Busseites take their S/F....and don't appreciate when people with little value to add attempt to do so.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson
Get over yourself. Bladeforums is a great site and people like you ruin it for others. If the OP didn't like my suggestions, how hard is it for them to ignore them? How hard is it for you to ignore them? I love how your sayings you have listed are absolutely not reflected in the way you act. You act like a D-bag. Just because you don't like non-traditional swords, doesn't mean others don't appreciate them. Sure the ones I suggested aren't katanas but they are beautiful and USEABLE swords. Just a simple suggestion for the OP to check out. The way of the warrior is a dying art because of a-holes like you. Learn some respect for others.

Get over yourself. Bladeforums is a great site and people like you ruin it for others. If the OP didn't like my suggestions, how hard is it for them to ignore them? How hard is it for you to ignore them? I love how your sayings you have listed are absolutely not reflected in the way you act. You act like a D-bag. Just because you don't like non-traditional swords, doesn't mean others don't appreciate them. Sure the ones I suggested aren't katanas but they are beautiful and USEABLE swords. Just a simple suggestion for the OP to check out. The way of the warrior is a dying art because of a-holes like you. Learn some respect for others.

Respect is given where it is earned.

Derision is given where it is justified.

Maybe reading is difficult for you, "Katana Quality For $500+ ???" seems to be such a confusing and nebulous question.....one begging a completely non-Nihonto like suggestion....and to repeat, you don't know jack about swords.

I will absolutely give you what you deserve, especially in this S/F....and you don't have to like it.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I have a 1060 Dynasty forge musashi I got about 3 years ago. That's a low end model, but it is a sturdy and functional piece.

Can't speak to the model you're asking about from direct experience, but it seems fair for the price point.

Thanks

I own Busses (including the ones you mentioned) and I own chinese made Katana styled swords

The OP specifically mentioned a Katana in the 500+ range and the intended usage, so what he was looking for seemed very clear so I also think your post was off topic.

Respect is given where it is earned.

Derision is given where it is justified.

Maybe reading is difficult for you, "Katana Quality For $500+ ???" seems to be such a confusing and nebulous question.....one begging a completely non-Nihonto like suggestion....and to repeat, you don't know jack about swords.

I will absolutely give you what you deserve, especially in this S/F....and you don't have to like it.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

So you are simply disrespectful to everyone you meet? That's a stupid statement. You should give respect to everyone unless they slight you. I don't see as I have done that here so you are just being pompous. Wow I'm in awe of your knowledge of swords. Is that what you want me to say? Get a life. I can't believe some of you have so little in your life that you get this worked up over someone else trying to make a suggestion. Was this really worth it to you to put someone else down? Besides don't you want to spread the love of your hobby? I always work to encourage Busse and Bussekin noobs to learn in a nice way. People come into the Busse forum all the time asking what some would consider stupid questions. Why put them down? Does it make you feel like more of a man to be a keyboard warrior?

Just to egg you on………..
Don't make me mad or I'll pee in your water.
(for those that don't get it, Southern California buys it's water from Northern California)

So you are simply disrespectful to everyone you meet? That's a stupid statement. You should give respect to everyone unless they slight you. I don't see as I have done that here so you are just being pompous. Wow I'm in awe of your knowledge of swords. Is that what you want me to say? Get a life. I can't believe some of you have so little in your life that you get this worked up over someone else trying to make a suggestion. Was this really worth it to you to put someone else down? Besides don't you want to spread the love of your hobby? I always work to encourage Busse and Bussekin noobs to learn in a nice way. People come into the Busse forum all the time asking what some would consider stupid questions. Why put them down? Does it make you feel like more of a man to be a keyboard warrior?

I'll try to make this simple, and turn it around if that possibility exists.

I do respect just about everyone, but I don't respect your OP, and you shouldn't have made it....HERE.

There are way too many places on the interwebs that espouse misinformation and outright falsehoods about swords.

There are some real experts on BladeForums Sword S/F, but not enough, and the only way they get enouraged to post here is if the quality of threads and postings is held to a higher level.

There are not a lot of mods that make it over here, so those of us that are regulars and do care about the subject try to be self monitoring. People do not come into this s/f all the time asking what some would consider stupid questions "regularly". There are other places on the internet for that.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Back