Kentucky HO!

Hi everyone. I am the one formerly known as pmcelrath. I haven't posted in awhile. Some of you may remember me. Howdy to the others, new and forgetful. Just relocated to Kentucky. I like it! My kind of place and my kind of people! I attended college in KY a few years ago and nothing seems to have changed except for the location of the Walmarts:p . Hopefully I'll be able to get to the Knob Creek machine gun shoot Walosi and others were telling me about. Currently looking for work and unable to take advantage of PGA and relocation discount:( .

regards,
Patrick

Originally posted by Bill Martino
New place & new handle but still the same old Pat.

Welcome back Patrick!!!! From things Walosi has said I think we could all do well if we moved to Kaintuck!!!!
Besides a yearly machine gun shoot everyone's gonna be real polite, 'cause no one knows who's carrying what, or squat.:D
Good luck on the settling in. I'm like Bro and hate to move as well.
And having been in one place for over 20 years I have gathered so much junk I would just have to pack the essentials and leave the rest.:)

Ravensbeak: if I might ask, does the new monicker come from the name of the weapon or from the " doves of war" quote?

I'm considering giving myself a new handle on the forum. We have all these animal parts for handles -- foxjaw, Raven's Beak, Wolvesclaw, et all. The one I'm leaning toward is Rat's A$$.

I'm considering giving myself a new handle on the forum. We have all these animal parts for handles -- foxjaw, Raven's Beak, Wolvesclaw, et all. The one I'm leaning toward is Rat's A$$.

Bro, Two Dogs would also fit very well, very well indeed.:D

Originally posted by Walosi
(Just to save Bill a post :p )

Bro, you musta got my e-mail about Two Dogs.:D Actually I think it will appeal to our older Bro's sense of humor.:D

I know I have always laughed when called Two Dogs. A skin friend of mine was telling that for some reason his 9 year old daughter's softball team was gonna have to have a new name.
Everyone was talking about it on the way home when his little girl stood up in the backseat floor and leaned over a little in the middle like kids do and said, "Daddy we could call the team Two Dogs."
Mike went on to say that it was all he could do to keep the car on the road for a minute until he stopped laughing so hard.:)

rat.gif

...who you calling what?

BWWAAAAHAHAHAH - That's funnier than ducks :D

Bruiser, e-mail me and I'll reply with the explanation...sorta:rolleyes:

Yeah, and Two Dogs is one we can't post here.

I better not say what I was gonna.:D
Shoot!!!!!!! I can't say that either.
Nope!!!! Nor that!!!!
Better just left alone.:p :rolleyes: ;) :D Hehehehehehe.......

'two dogs', Hmmmmm? Seems there was an character in the movie Silkwood (1983) who was explaining the way the old chieftain named the newborn children ...he would look-up and state aloud the first thing he saw, in this case two dogs ******* (am I close? should I post an animated gif :D )

Rusty- please enlighten me as to the quote and weapons you are reffering to.
'Raven's Beak' is the name of my latest favorite khukuri. It just 'told' me it's name. It is a Ghorkha issue khukuri that a good friend(who is now a disabled veteran) traded out of a Gorkha while he was doing urban warfare training with them in Hong Kong. He traded a Zippo lighter and sundries for it. I know the issue khukuris aren't highly thought of by the Gorkhas themselves but this one just has a certain feel. My friend had carried it in the army but had left it out in the weather for a few years- it was covered with scale and at some point he had wrapped the handle with duct tape. I brought my HI khuks over and he decided to knock the scale off the blade with his belt grinder and unwrap and buff the handle to see what it would look like. It is a very plain khuk with a pana-bhutta style handle and no bolster. But the feel in the hand is incredible. The Gorkha who owned this knife must have sanded the handle slabs to adjust the grip; it is too perfect for a factory job. If only you guys could handle it; well you all know what I mean :D .

oh of course I traded him out of it right away

Patrick;)

Back