Kershaw Cryo?

Well, I got to hold a Cryo this weekend in a shop. But I was able to resist the temptation and put it back. If I do get one, it will be my first import. First it needs to be an all black version. Then we'll see if I can get over the lack of "Made in USA."

Just modded mine!!
18C5FDC9-2312-47EC-9BF2-961314F8009D-1411-00000145D20F355D.jpg

im not blown away by this knife. the thumb studs constantly got caught while pulling it out of my jeans tip down. i converted it to tip up (which i prefer) and its better. its heavy for the size blade you get. its not a bad knife but there are better options out there. (my opinion)

I just got one yesterday and I see what everyone has been raving about. I absolutely love it and the China thing doesn't bother me as I have quiet a few Kershaw imports which are are all good knives. It's a suitable replacement for my 0560 if I'm wearing running shorts too. As to bang for the buck, if there is another knife on par with it for the same price point please let me know and I'll buy it!

As to bang for the buck, if there is another knife on par with it for the same price point please let me know and I'll buy it!

I was thinking about that today. Maybe the Kershaw Skyline or Buck Vantage Avid, both American made with maybe better steel. And I did buy them!

This thing is strong, it's been the go-to utility blade for this weekend, and I ended up using it to cut a hole in the back of a TV cabinet for some cables. The lock stood up to being batoned tip-wise into some thin wood. Point is still fine, lockup is still perfect.

I was thinking about that today. Maybe the Kershaw Skyline or Buck Vantage Avid, both American made with maybe better steel. And I did buy them!

My only knife higher rated is the Ontario Rat 1 folder but its not assisted. However, assisted or not doesn't bother me.

DSCI0082.jpg

here's mine with one BF's Gatorscale's carbon fiber scales. drops the weight by 1oz.

this is probably as close as ill get to owning a 3" XM18 as i simply cant afford the jacked up prices they go for. i dig the Cryo so far, it'd be cool to see a G10 scaled model with better hardware and blade steel in the $75 range. with little effort it could compete as a staple edc with the mini Griptilian and Delica.

That carbon fiber looks really good but I think its going to look even better on the black ones.

DSCI0082.jpg

It'd be cool to see a G10 scaled model with better hardware and blade steel in the $75 range. With little effort it could compete as a staple edc with the mini Griptilian and Delica.

I second that motion. All those in favor signal by saying Aye!

Just got my first cryo today. I ordered it from Amazon and it came in clamshell packaging. Is this new? All the ones I've seen before are in boxes. I also noticed the package has the model number as "1555TIX" what does the X stand for?

wolfstyle

A Google search is indicating that the 1555TIX model number could belong to the black coated version of the Cryo. Your knife come with a black coating?

Back