Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

Hackenslash

Don't feed the Trolls
Gold Member
Kershaw is following ZT's lead and bringing out sprint runs of popular knives. I think this will be a big money maker for them.

Here's the announce in case you missed it. Looks like maybe a titanium Dividend in the video?

kershaw-zing-orange-1735or.jpg

I just realized I'd be all over a sprint manual Zing with the striated blade pattern and better materials. Damn.

I'm not super motivated, but I'll look to see what the knife is if I remember.

Announcing this without also announcing an actual sprint run knife makes it seem like a lot of empty hype. I'm also totally unclear on how these are going to differ from the LE Kershaw models that have come out on and off for years. I guess the limited editions were dealer exclusive? But given that dealer exclusives are likely less expensive, I'm not really sure there's any solid advantages to this program.

There are a few models like the Atmos and Leek that I would grab if they came out with a nice sprint with premium materials/steel, but not many. It'd be really cool to see a U.S. made sprint run of one of their newer traditional patterns with premium steel like the Culpepper, but I don't see that happening.

I won't be a buyer, but I'd love to see them just go bananas and make a Rex121, mokuti and meteorite Leek.

IMO If they want to make a big splash. They should start with one of the following.
Tilt
Junkyard Dog
RAM

I may be missing a few but you get the idea.
If using premium materials. Doing a sprint run of the models fans have been clamoring for? They'll sell out as fast, and be just as sought after as the ZT triple digits (0666, 0777 etc.)

For me, I think I would only be tempted with a premium material Induction.

Last edited:
$69.99 for a Random S30V blade in the Leek seems like a decent bargain. I'm not a fan of AO knives but this is a little tempting. I've always loved the Random reverse tanto blade.

I like that Leek.... yellow POPS! and S30V random. Price on nice on this one as well... will buy!!!

I think I'm in too, the price kind of surprised me, I was fully expecting full MSRP. that's an eye catching design with decent steel

Back