Key chain knife fans, just got my micro recon. What else is good?

I love all of these posts, but I don't carry a keychain knife because my Classic SD is in my pocket all the time, home or away. Another knife is probably present, but the Classic SD is guaranteed. I did get some new ideas for small knives here. Thanks.

Another vote for Christy.
7OlwN3yl.jpg

Looks like a Chris Reeve Umfaan. Lots of pics and side-by-sides with other CRKs here:

L labdog

My keyring knife is a Kershaw #1025-Cu "Cinder", it lives on my keyring right next to my Leatherman Micra. the Leatherman Micra I actually use for the Scissors, I've never actually used the little knife blade it includes.

My keyring knife is a Kershaw #1025-Cu "Cinder", it lives on my keyring right next to my Leatherman Micra. the Leatherman Micra I actually use for the Scissors, I've never actually used the little knife blade it includes.
The Micra is an excellent zip tie snipper. The scissors are just the right size :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

L labdog rycen rycen G george65

Actually, I now see the torx screws on that knife - CRK uses hex exclusively. So, if they were not replaced by the owner, than it's a knock off. Not sure if they did inlays on the Umfaan either. Graphics, yes. The swedge probably as well - I have a Large Regular that I ordered with the swedge option back in 1999.

Interesting. I had not noticed that when I quoted. Seems a little obscure to clone.

G george65

I carried a Trim Trio just like this one - for years.

As I've gotten older, my dislike for that sort of thing has grown with my dislike of fiddling with split rings. So I did something about it.

Here is an EDC pic from a couple of weeks ago. You can see my key-ring set-up. This kind of titanium "ring" is inexpensive and available in a few different shapes and sizes. It's as easy as unscrewing a little piece of knurled brass. I got some packs of two differently sized titanium split rings and put them on a bunch of different gear. Now I can quickly swap in or out whatever I need on a given day. Of course, most days still end up with the same lazy choice. 😜
What’s that folder between watch and pen? It’s pretty.

I like the idea, my SAK Evo I just bought is very light, so it would work.. But, right now I want it to be within reach at all times, with keys it won't be..

What’s that folder between watch and pen? It’s pretty.

That's the Sencut Neches from WE. It has been my favorite budget knife of the year so far. The ergonomics are excellent. The Micarta has a nice feel. The size is "just right". It has good action on ceramic bearings and runs 10Cr15CoMov (a Chinese analog of VG-10).

That's the Sencut Neches from WE. It has been my favorite budget knife of the year so far. The ergonomics are excellent. The Micarta has a nice feel. The size is "just right". It has good action on ceramic bearings and runs 10Cr15CoMov (a Chinese analog of VG-10).
Many thanks. Looks like it can only be configured for tip-up right handed carry. Do I have that right?

Back