Keychain/pocket fixed blade knives

I pocket carried a Cold Steel Hai Hocho for a long time. Great little knife made of ok steel.

Oh yeah! The Hai Hocho was a neat little piece. They make one remarkably similar called the K4 neck knife if you can find one.

Sometimes you have to search for Cold Steel Kitchen Knives to find it. It's kinda like a small chef's knife.

Another real easy pocket carry is the White River Knucklehead. The shape might not look all that useful at first, but man it is.

Sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing a pic?

These look good, especially the one with the brass guard and butt cap. Any chance of seeing this same pic witha ruler in it, or getting specs on that knife, and maybe the caping knife, if that's what it is?

Sorry, I'm not picture savvy. It's a very simple knife. Steel only, no slabs, ~1/8 stock. Thick leather sheath cllosed with 3 rivets. Cost $50. Fred Perrin was a fan and he and Nemo had a review that is no longer on the web.

I carry this ring knife in a neck sheath.

9MoCuLX.jpg

I have a CS or two that work well in the pocket, or on a neck chain.

3FyLCm6.jpg

I dig this thread, David! ..probably because I pocket carry a fixed blade nearly every day. My two favorites, by far, are the REK Ember in a leather pocket slip made by forum member @Makael and a Ban Tang Fruit Knife (reverse edge) in a waved kydex rig. Excited to see what you do with that LC200N! :)
8169DAF5-7240-4C8D-AAF6-B7F227E63F64.jpeg D5613718-A1F0-40C5-8C87-778E65FBA205.jpeg
Oh, and I definitely can’t forget this cool little piece gifted me by a really solid craftsman and good friend ;)
F3358DD5-D7B8-4903-8803-3DEA845D8A42.jpeg BDD2D47D-EFF1-4891-8893-221D5C537631.jpeg

Last edited:
zuviAkp.jpg

The Brisa Bobtail has a functional full grip that I always like, and the clickable kydex sheath is slim and secure for pocket carry

KdwGYvI.jpg

The Erapuu is a small fixed blade great for pocket carry, it remains me of the Samurai Inro(container) and the Kaiken used in Japan.

I carried a Mora Eldris in my jeans pocket for a spell. It worked really well and I was pleased with it. But carrying a concealed fixed blade isn't legal in California, so I dropped the experiment after a while.
(I may buy the Mora belt adapter so I can wear it on my belt one of these days. Belt knives are legal in California, even large ones. They just have to be visible. That Mora Eldris is a great knife.)

The kansbol belt loop (detachable) might work for it, but don’t quote me on that.

eeQ4RM2.jpg

I made this pocket sheath for Winkler Bottle Opener. Worked really well (slim too). Only thing I didn’t like was the hook that was a bit too pokey when taking out other things out of same pocket. I will definitely try it out again if I ever get another skeletonized knife.

I've always like the idea of a pocket fixed blade, and I've tried a couple. I've just never been able to get it to work for me.

This is not helpful or contributing to the thread, but it does allow me to find it again later, so I can look at other people's choices.

KdwGYvI.jpg

The Erapuu is a small fixed blade great for pocket carry, it remains me of the Samurai Inro(container) and the Kaiken used in Japan.

Any specs on this guy! Definitely looks great. Think I'd like one!

I pulled these info straight from Lamnia website, I hope you too would appreciate this like I do.

Blade material: Stainless
Handle: Stag Horn
Weight: 46 g (1.7oz)
Overall length: 132 mm (5.2")
Blade length: 55 mm (2.16")
Blade thickness: 1.9 mm
Country of origin: Finland

I pulled these info straight from Lamnia website, I hope you too would appreciate this like I do.

Blade material: Stainless
Handle: Stag Horn
Weight: 46 g (1.7oz)
Overall length: 132 mm (5.2")
Blade length: 55 mm (2.16")
Blade thickness: 1.9 mm
Country of origin: Finland

Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it!! Cool blade. Its now on the.list!!

Back