Khukuri Designs - thoughts?

You are very welcome , John.

Like the story of the very little frog who fell into a very deep rut in the road. He tried and tried, and his friends all cheered him on, but he just couldn't get out of the rut, and eventually they left and went home leaving him stuck. The next morning came, and one of his friends was hopping around and there he was, out of the rut. The friend asked how he got out, since he'd done everything to get out the night before and failed. He told his friend he was correct, nothing could get him out. But then, he said, a truck came down the rut and he had to get out!

Your pictures got us out of a rut some of us didn't even realize we were in, John.

PS: I still think my M43 is prettier.
PPS: Just cause I like green eyed redheads doesn't mean I'd kick a blue eyed blonde out of my bed.

<i>Originally posted by Rusty</i>
PS: I still think my M43 is prettier.

Rusty, I'm sorry, I wish I was an idiot savant, but I'm only an idiot... what's an M43? Got a pic or a link?

I don't know what "rut" your talking about, but I have learned that only a fine line separates a rut and a groove. I was grooving for years before I dicovered that.

I enjoyed your frog fable.. and I concur with your "PPS:" To show my appreciation, I posted a picture of a frog for you <a href="http://home.attbi.com/~jpj100/frog.jpg">here.</a>
<br>
<br>

<i>Originally posted by Ferrpous Wheel</i>
Is the P for Paul? You're not the famed English bassist of Led Zeppelin, are you? John Paul Jones? ;-)

Hi Keith, Sorry I never answered you. The "P." ain't for "Paul". There's a story to go with that, but I'll save if for when you want to be bored. I used to play the bass, and percussion.. but with little to no notoriety.
<br>
<br>

<i>Originally posted by Yvsa</i>
Bet the handle on the UBE is bigger, maybe the blade as well.

Yvsa, Thank you!! You didn't ask for this info, I'm just offering some dimensions to compare. The blade is 9 1/8" and 3/8" thick, overall length is 13 3/8". My fish scale says it weighs 1.4 lbs. It's over 29 years old.

Thanks Gentlemen!!

John

Originally posted by pendentive
The model turned out great and is quite run to play with. :cool:
It's going to be tough to give it up. :(
Good job DaveK!! :D :eek:

I see this design as being more of a kamping khuk. I will want to use it to make "fuzz" sticks, do light chopping, kitchen work, and wood carving (roughing) = things that are too difficult even with my 13.5" villager. (too thick and heavy)

Uncle Bill = when you're ready, I'll send it off. (not without a few tears, though...;))

Would this be the (PEN)Ultimate beltknife? :D:D:D

Seriously tho,

I wonder how it'd perform. Any guesses?

"NO ONE ACTUALY KNOWS FOR SURE IF AND WHEN THE VIKINGS EVER ACTUALY REACHED AMERICA FOR SURE"-Ghorkha

Well, Ghork, That may be true if you still live in the 1960's...
I've been to Lanse Aux Meadows, seen the artefacts, talked with the Natives of this country and Canada, and they tell me it did happen. Also, look @ the texts & websites I cited in the last post (i didn't make this up). Also, last Tuesday there was an informative and up-to-date special called "Vikings" on PBS, and Part II details the recent (in the last 50 years) discoveries. I'm sure they'll run it again, and I vid taped it.
Until then, I'm afraid we're unable to discuss these issues, and we're getting off-topic anyhow.

In Monty Python-esque style, I must add "Yes they did."

THanks!

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Originally posted by Rusty
OK, here is a pretty good picture of the HI m43.

Thanks Rusty,

Beautiful rig!! Please realize that I may be full of stupid questions.... Do you use it?

John

For now, not yet.

It's new and I haven't worked out with it. I will eventually have to try it out.

In the meantime, I have a villager similar in blade length and balance that's my "user".

Now you can see why a bunch of us pestered Uncle to make the thing.

Back