Kizer Cutlery - experiences?

Comeuppance

Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary
Putting the whole very unclear Tom Britton debate aside - have any of you used or owned a Kizer folder? Almost all of the (very sparse) reviews I have found are in Russian. I like a good Ti framelock flipper, but I'm insanely picky about lockup / centering / flipping action.

I also have reservations about the pricing - obviously, for the materials, the prices aren't bad, but at the cost of having essentially no warranty; for the price of shipping it to the manufacturer once, you have basically covered the difference between the Kizer knife and an 0560/1 (assuming secondary market prices of around $180).

I like that they seem to put custom-like finishes on their Ti - really nice anodization, carving, etc. They also seem to be making a real effort to make open communication with western buyers (they have presences on BF and britishblades) but, even with that, VERY little feedback on the build quality and function of the knives. Most of the threads and conversations seem to either be about or become about the country of manufacture and the Tom Britton Tango debate. Let me be clear, this is not the thread for either of those conversations. This is strictly a thread about the form, function, and build quality of the knives.

I don't own one- yet- but I've handled a couple locally and the build quality was impressive. The flippers were buttery smooth, the blades had good edges, the lock was solid with no play or rock or anything. Fit and finish was very nice on everything. I was on the fence about them before I handled those, but now I am looking for the model that initially caught my eye. I will have no problem making the purchase once I find it.

This particular model has caught my eye:
KI302B.jpg

VG-10 Damscus, Titanium framelock and flipper are good, plus it looks very nice.

I got to handle one for a few minutes at a gun show a few weeks ago, quality seemed pretty good, pocket clip was not reversible for southpaws, so I passed.

Definitely seemed better than a lot of Chinese imports.

Early next week I'll have my Kizer model KI3404A1 flipper with a stonewashed 3" blade of S35VN, titanium framelock and handles. I'll let you know regrading fit & finish and flipper action. The price is very attractive.

ki3404a1.jpg

There is a passaround of 2 kizer knives on britishblades if you do a google search.it does seem like there are different styles of anodizing,& slightly newer model numbers. 401x is the original one,with the blue frame & multi color anodize, then theres 2 or 3 others,satin blade,stonewash & a black blade,too,with different color handles,pattern & anodizing,too.ive been tempted to get one,but still on the fence. http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?174495-Kizer-Knives-Pass-around-in-UK/page3

I should have one delivered today by USPS. Almost a 5" blade of S35V. I have paid close attention to these knives and for what you're getting they seem to be well made and at a fair American price point. I'll keep everybody posted as to what I think of them. Not a fan of flippers or the wave features on knives but like I said with all you are getting and what folks have said on different forums about the quality of build hopefully it is as nice as everyone says. keepem sharp

I should have one delivered today by USPS. Almost a 5" blade of S35V. I have paid close attention to these knives and for what you're getting they seem to be well made and at a fair American price point. I'll keep everybody posted as to what I think of them. Not a fan of flippers or the wave features on knives but like I said with all you are getting and what folks have said on different forums about the quality of build hopefully it is as nice as everyone says. keepem sharp

Which model is that?

Beats me but looks like a super "tango" sized flipper. I can post the item number but I don't know if that is cool or not to do but I already bought it but still may not be. 4.75" S35V blade, flipper action(which not a fan of flippers nor the wave actually), but anodized frame and sculpted. Money back guarantee so not worried if I don't like it or doesn't live up to expectations. keepem sharp

I haven't seen this anywhere for sale yet, but, damn.

1-1401101HI4.jpg

1-1401101HK1.jpg

Also, this is pretty high on my want list, but I do wish that it was a Ti framelock:

KI405.jpg

I have been eyeballing them also. I really hope some of the new ones have the option for tip up carry. I think the one I've been looking at is the 401x.
Where have you been finding the different designs? I haven't seen some of those

Found that red and black g10 one. Wow what a good price for a titanium liner lock. I'm OK with that. I mean lots of the brous knives are titanium liner locks. My reloader is and I like it. I'm trying to find more pics to see how the clip is on it.

Early next week I'll have my Kizer model KI3404A1 flipper with a stonewashed 3" blade of S35VN, titanium framelock and handles. I'll let you know regrading fit & finish and flipper action. The price is very attractive.

ki3404a1.jpg

I've been eyeballin that one for a while. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

I just received them to see build quality , and I am impressed , all centered , all nicely finished .
definitely will be ordering more , let me know if you have specific questions.
they use bronze washers and ceramic detent , may need drop of oil during breaking in .
i-WkqMQm3-XL.jpg

i-Xj6zPGS-XL.jpg

i-fC669XR-L.jpg

i-3djgZMz-L.jpg

there is no tool , but thin screwdriver should work just fine .
They do come with two years warranty but you have to ship it to China .
most dealers do offer returns so if you got bad one you can return it and if you got good one then I doubt you will need warranty .

Last edited:
ExtremeAddiction I'm glad you got them in. I have been wanting to get something from you for awhile. Been debating on that Dendra Tiger Jump and now the Red/Black G10 kizer. Do you have them in stock?

Ceramic detent? That's an impressive touch.

Now, once they start releasing more tip-up carry knives, they'll have a hard time keeping anything in stock at those prices.

Even moreso if they open a US office to handle warranty claims, etc.

there is no tool , but thin screwdriver should work just fine .
They do come with two years warranty but you have to ship it to China .

I prefer/enjoy working on my knives unless it's something major. Right off the bat I'd probably tear it down & clean it up unless it's centered & super smooth right out of the box.

Back