Kizer Cutlery - experiences?

If you look at the website the frame lock in the center of pic that fades in and out is the one I rec. It has a 4.75" blade of S35VN. Sculpted ti handle slabs that are thick and anodizing that is pretty amazing to say the least. keepem sharp

The model numbers on the Kizer website are a little confusing. I thought the 3404 are the ones with 3" blades but there's a 3404A3 (see pictures) and it says 3.46" blade! Looks nice in a plain way. Looks like Phantom models have titanium on both sides and Shadow not so. Model numbers starting with 5 are the big guns with 4.7"+ blades, model 4 are about 4" and may be model 3 with 3-3.5" blades...

1-14010Q42350.jpg

1-14010Q42414.jpg

That blade length has got to be 3" because if you look at the oal it's just 7", that would mean you would have to put an almost 3.5" blade in a 3.5' handle if you believe the oal specs so something doesn't make sense.

That blade length has got to be 3" because if you look at the oal it's just 7", that would mean you would have to put an almost 3.5" blade in a 3.5' handle if you believe the oal specs so something doesn't make sense.

I exchanged emails with Kizer and they said all of the Ki3404 models are 3.46". So, we'll see what blade length my Ki3404A1 really is tomorrow. Perhaps Kizer is right and KnifeWorks & ExtremAddiction are both wrong listing it at 3".

I exchanged emails with Kizer and they said all of the Ki3404 models are 3.46". So, we'll see what blade length my Ki3404A1 really is tomorrow. Perhaps Kizer is right and KnifeWorks & ExtremAddiction are both wrong listing it at 3".

Then i would think that the OAL dimension given is wrong, because i don't see how you would get a 3.5" blade in a 3.5" handle.

Then i would think that the OAL dimension given is wrong, because i don't see how you would get a 3.5" blade in a 3.5" handle.

I'll get the true specs tomorrow when I measure it myself. Really wanted a 3" blade so it'll be a bit of a bummer if it's not!

The Kizer emails were answered by a "sales" email (sales7@tbt-gd.com) so they could just be reading it off a sheet.

I look forward to some reviews. This is the first time I've seen this brand but they look like a serious sleeper.

I'll get the true specs tomorrow when I measure it myself. Really wanted a 3" blade so it'll be a bit of a bummer if it's not!

The Kizer emails were answered by a "sales" email (sales7@tbt-gd.com) so they could just be reading it off a sheet.

I'm anxious to see if yours is 3" or 3.5". I was wanting a 3" blade also so if it's bigger I'll definitely be disappointed.

If you look at the website the frame lock in the center of pic that fades in and out is the one I rec. It has a 4.75" blade of S35VN. Sculpted ti handle slabs that are thick and anodizing that is pretty amazing to say the least. keepem sharp

Thanks for the info longbow. I went there last night and think I spotted it. But I am steel looking at the Ki4411, the Glenn Klecker designed model. It is the knife I posted some pic's of on the first page. Only problem is I also want the Boker Arctos XL. I know I will probably end up with both, just can't decide which one will be first!

Last edited:
Something I noticed yesterday on the handle of the one I have. They have milled a gripping textured lines into the scales. They are tiny though so I didn't notice them under the anodizing. Perfectly done. First rate job. keepem sharp

Received my Kizer KI3404A1 from ExtremAddiction today. This is a great little flipper at a great price of just under $120 delivered! Looking forward to KI3404A3 with plain titanium handles.

It flips real nicely and I added a bit of oil and it's getting smoother. The handle has a nice gritty texture. It weighs just 3.1 ounces. Most importantly, the blade length is indeed 3 inches long and 0.12 inches thick. It comes extremely sharp. No blade play and well centered. The jimping is just right.

d805b8f7-4948-4451-a5b1-c625b121b10e_zps2e18daa1.jpg

e9f81b27-efb8-4d68-98c4-55fdc33f87e0_zpsd86eb0d2.jpg

Thanks for the info longbow. I went there last night and think I spotted it. But I am steel looking at the Ki4411, the Glenn Klecker designed model. It is the knife I posted some pic's of on the first page. Only problem is I also want the Boker Arctos XL. I know I will probably end up with both, just can't decide which one will be first!

As much as I wanted to try the Kizer 4411, I decided on the Boker Arctos XL and placed my order about 4AM this morning. I will pick up the Kizer 4411 later in the month. I really do like it's looks!

Received my Kizer KI3404A1 from ExtremAddiction today. This is a great little flipper at a great price of just under $120 delivered! Looking forward to KI3404A3 with plain titanium handles.

It flips real nicely and I added a bit of oil and it's getting smoother. The handle has a nice gritty texture. It weighs just 3.1 ounces. Most importantly, the blade length is indeed 3 inches long and 0.12 inches thick. It comes extremely sharp. No blade play and well centered. The jimping is just right.

d805b8f7-4948-4451-a5b1-c625b121b10e_zps2e18daa1.jpg

e9f81b27-efb8-4d68-98c4-55fdc33f87e0_zpsd86eb0d2.jpg

Thanks for the measurement & pics. Just the size I was wanting. Hopefully I'll have mine by next week.

Those skulls look very similar to TAD gear's design. I wonder if they got permission to use it?

Last edited:
We will be getting more models by the end of this week and next week , also specification what you see on our site is actual spec, not just some numbers from Kizer .

I tripped over 3 Kizer models on Amazon while looking up s35vn knives. There weren't too many left in stock and I have bought far too many knives this year already...if anyone is still trying to get their hands on one.
If I look too long I might pull the trigger :rolleyes:

Back