Knife Joy Slysz Bowie Second Run Coming!

Really? I thought Central was only 1 hr behind Pacific. Oh well . . . guess I f*cked up. 🤷‍♂️

On the good side, I saved $450 for a knife I really didn't want to buy anyway LOL! o_O
I’m sorry I laugh emoji’d you but I thought your post was trolling us 😞

I got mine at 9:55 AM Mtn time and was the last one to be sold. OOS on refresh after I paid.

I’m sorry I laugh emoji’d you but I thought your post was trolling us 😞

I got mine at 9:55 AM Mtn time and was the last one to be sold. OOS on refresh after I paid.

Congrats!

As proof of my stupidity, KnifeJoy sent me an email notification that the Slysz Bowie was available at 835am PST.

I was online at 8am but, of course, I didn't see it but, frankly, I think it was for the best. 🤷‍♂️

I've got A LOT of other Spydercos to play with. ;)

I got one. I like Spyderco, I like Ti framelocks. I've wanted to check one out for awhile, but not at secondary prices. Figured if I don't like it I can "flip" it for what I paid.

I got one. I like Spyderco, I like Ti framelocks. I've wanted to check one out for awhile, but not at secondary prices. Figured if I don't like it I can "flip" it for what I paid.

You should be able to flip it for more that that. You won't get rich but you'll make a rare profit.

I'm not a flipper. If I don't like it I'll list it at cost.

No problem IMO making a few $'s on it, as long as you're not in the "business" of doing it. 🤷‍♂️

That said, if you decided you don't like it, send me a PM to tell me how much you want for it. ;)

Last edited:
I'm with ya. I figured it was the cheapest way to check one out. I know I already don't like the lock bar being in the way of spydie flicking it open..
So, it probably won't make the cut, in my collection.
Not that I haven't modded a spydiechef lock bar, to spydie click it.. hmmmm

Not bad. Not bad at all...

Congrats!

Still hate the color and the handle doesn't seem to be shaped the same way as the original. So, if I got one & decided to keep it, I'd still dip it in HCl immediately to get rid of the anno but the better idea just may be to buy the original.

I've got the $ and am still deciding if I want to make an "exception" to my $500 rule to buy one of those or not.

And, if I do, I'd probably should just go ahead and buy a Szabofly, a ZT0454, a ZT0777, a MT Iconic auto and a Squid Industries Tsunami bali to round out my collection. We're talking somewhere between $5k-10k, if I do. ;)

Last edited:
Congrats!

Still hate the color and the handle doesn't seem to be shaped the same way as the original. So, if I got one & decided to keep it, I'd dip it in HCl immediately to get rid of the anno but the better idea just may be to buy the original.

I've got the $ and am still deciding if I want to make an "exception" to my $500 rule to buy one of those or not.

And, if I do, I'd probably should just go ahead and buy a Szabofly, a ZT0454, a ZT0777, a MT Iconic auto and a Squid Industries Tsunami bali to round out my collection. We're talking somewhere between $5k-10k, if I do. ;)

I like the original blade finish better than the latest one.

I too have been very vocal that the original is better. They're just too hard to find for what I'd pay, and rarely go up for sale anyway. But there are three on an auction site for over 1 Grand shipped. Ummm Nope. I'll buy a new Shirogorov, Koenig, Holt, Grimsmo or Herman for the price of a used Slysz.

Even the KJ version is selling for crazy high prices.

What I would like to see:

1. Not blue.
2. The backspacer is black G10, but it looks like chintzy plastic. Nothing wrong with black G10, but maybe it needs to be polished or some other color or material for a pop of color.
3. The return of the mirrored stonewash blade finish.

I had one of the last run of KnifeJoy exclusives, and it was a lovely feeling knife, but maybe we'll get a third release with extra improvements.

I too have been very vocal that the original is better. They're just too hard to find for what I'd pay, and rarely go up for sale anyway. But there are three on an auction site for over 1 Grand shipped. Ummm Nope. I'll buy a new Shirogorov, Koenig, Holt, Grimsmo or Herman for the price of a used Slysz.

Even the KJ version is selling for crazy high prices.

For me, it's not a question of what else I could buy for the same amount of $.

It's whether I want the "thing" (whatever it is, knife or not) enough to spend the $ asked for it or not. 🤷‍♂️

----------------------------------

Despite buying 7 knives this year already, I am actually running out of knives that I want to buy.

Leaving only the really high priced items left to purchase.

I can "self-righteously" justify not buying these knives on the theory that they really aren't worth THAT MUCH.

Or, I could just buy them & be done with it.

Of course, I'm always looking for the best deal I can find for anything I that I want to buy but you can't fight "the market."

The prices for these knives for these knives have continued to go up since I first considered buying them and chances are they will still go up higher, if I wait any longer.

So, I'm now considering whether I should wait any longer to buy them or not. 🤷‍♂️

For me, it's not a question of what else I could buy for the same amount of $.

It's whether I want the "thing" (whatever it is, knife or not) enough to spend the $ asked for it or not. 🤷‍♂️

----------------------------------

Despite buying 7 knives this year already, I am actually running out of knives that I want to buy.

Leaving only the really high priced items left to purchase.

I can "self-righteously" justify not buying these knives on the theory that they really aren't worth THAT MUCH.

Or, I could just buy them & be done with it.

Of course, I'm always looking for the best deal I can find for anything I that I want to buy but you can't fight "the market."

The prices for these knives for these knives have continued to go up since I first considered buying them and chances are they will still go up higher, if I wait any longer.

So, I'm now considering whether I should wait any longer to buy them or not. 🤷‍♂️
I understand. I've wanted a Slysz Bowie forever, but didn't want it enough to spend $1K on one.

Slysz vs CRK and Hinderer:

I was willing to spend $450 on one. At that price I'd be looking at a small CRK Sebenza (or Inkosi) of which I have tons of, or a Hinderer XM-18 with G10 scales of which I have plenty as well. So, I chose to buy this instead of more of the other. I'd still prefer a stonewashed blade and handle, which would hide marks and snail-trails better.

Compared to the above, this is like a cross between the Sebenza and the XM-18, for less than an all Ti XM-18. It's well made with tight tolerances, can be slow rolled out like a Sebenza or flicked out fast like a Hinderer, feels better in the hand than the XM-18 (more contoured and ergonomic) and possibly than the Sebenza as well, and it's all Ti like the Sebenza without spending another $200 for Ti scales like the XM-18. And with a LynchNW clip it looks good, and pockets as well as it would with the stock clip.

But, If I didn't have the Shirogorov F95R18 or Stellar, Koenig Arius, Holt Morpheus, Grimsmo Rask or Herman Sting, I would not spend $1000 for one of these on the auction site before buying my first of the others. But at $450 I think it was worth it, although $350-400 would have been better.

Last edited:
1000004263.jpg
It's here! I've only been handling it for a couple minutes, but here's my initial impression. This thing is quality. For reference I've owned 40+ Ti framelocks from Hinderer/CRK/Spartan Blades/Strider. So I have some experience with knives in this class. If I decide to keep it ( more on that in a minute) I know I'll be happy with it. Open's as smoothly as any Sebenza I've had, thumb flicks open with authority, perfectly centered with zero blade play. Spyderco did a fantastic job on these.

The Service Blue Lynch clip is a perfect match.

My only issue is this is one of two knives I've had on the backburner of really wanting to get hands on with, the other being a McNees Gen2 PM Mac 2 3.5". Well, that one will be here by the weekend. I probably shouldn't have bought both at the same time, but in the configuration I wanted, I found one available. And there was obviously no waiting on this one. So, responsibly, I should only keep one. After a couple days of handling both I'll make up my mind, or flip a coin lol.

I've never owned one before this one and I haven't used it yet as I got it today. I got to say its a nicely made knife, solid fit and finish. no complaints on that at all. also a good looking knife, design wise. that said it's not worth the price point. way too much competition doing the same or more for less. I get why spyderco discontinued it.

20240305-185638.jpg

now maybe I'll change my mind once I get to using it.

The color is great, mine is a deep navy blue. This is my first non-USA Spyderco knife and I have to admit this is the most solid, highest quality feeling Spydie I have ever owned. I get the enthusiasm for this knife. I wish I could have ordered 2! Nice job Spyderco and Knifejoy!

I would post a picture, but I am at maximum allowable attachments!?!?

Back