• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife Makers File Guide- File Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
More blocks are available in sets of 50 or 100. Delivery time is about 2 weeks from purchase. Thanks....

I am also now able to get these block with no holes. Just precision solid blocks. These are the same price. Thanks

Go on to page 1 of this post to see a picture. They make a fairly nice filing guide.

Guides back in stock!!!!!!!!!

Andy..Had an extra that will head your way in the morning. Just added to first post.

Thanks...Jim

Jim is a standup guy. I totaly missed the post saying he was out. My fault.

Thanks bro.

No problem...Thanks!

50 More complete guides in stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Refer to first post for info.

I've got a question.
I got one of the guides. The bolts that came with it are smaller than the holes in the guide. So when I close it I have to put it in a vise to have the two parts level.
Is that how it is ment?

Yes there is a tiny bit of play as I have not found bolts that fit exact. I wish the threaded holes were the outter holes as it would work great. When I clamp a blank I rest it on a table to keep everyhting square and it has worked excellent.

To The Topppppppppp

I've got a question.
I got one of the guides. The bolts that came with it are smaller than the holes in the guide. So when I close it I have to put it in a vise to have the two parts level.
Is that how it is ment?

To get rid of the bolt play, wrap electical tape around the bolt just under the head until you have a snug fit. We do this all the time at work to center bolts when we're mounting natural gas compressor engines. Hope it helps,

Nathan

To get rid of the bolt play, wrap electical tape around the bolt just under the head until you have a snug fit. We do this all the time at work to center bolts when we're mounting natural gas compressor engines. Hope it helps,

Nathan

Thanx for the tip!

to the top!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back