• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife scam sites (knifesilo.com and others)

Any info on the legitimacy of "Knife Monopoly" aka knifesstore.com? I am assuming its total BS but want to make sure. I haven't bought a a new knife in like 8 yrs and I wanted to get a ZT301 green with tigerstrip which apparently has been discontinued but they have it for $98 marked down from $194. Here's the link to the listing-

I checked the "contact us" and searched the listed address in Anchorage to find a street view of a strip mall not containing any knife store or anything close to it.
Finally this was their "shipping & returns" page (tell me if something seems a bit off with the red section, lol)-

Total Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you are not happy with a purchase you make at our stores, simply return it in its original condition, with proof of purchase, within 30 days and we’ll give you a full refund or replacement.*

Customers are advised that refunds and credit notes will only be given where proof of purchase (receipt, credit card statement, etc) is provided. To qualify for a refund or replacement, products need to be complete with all components and original packaging.

Conditions apply to some products:
Refunds and exchanges cannot be given against Audio/DVD and Computer Games. Should one of these products prove to be faulty it can be returned with your receipt within 30 days and we will exchange it for one of the same title.

Unwanted Food or Drink Products – Once supply conditions are broken, there are a number of factors outside of our control that can affect the quality of a product. Therefore perishable goods such as food and drink cannot be returned.

For reasons of hygiene and safety, personal grooming products, cosmetics or items of intimate clothing cannot be returned.

Mattresses, mattress toppers, duvets and pillows can only be returned if they are unused, in the original packaging and in a resaleable condition

Any info on the legitimacy of "Knife Monopoly" aka knifesstore.com? I am assuming its total BS but want to make sure. I haven't bought a a new knife in like 8 yrs and I wanted to get a ZT301 green with tigerstrip which apparently has been discontinued but they have it for $98 marked down from $194. Here's the link to the listing-

I checked the "contact us" and searched the listed address in Anchorage to find a street view of a strip mall not containing any knife store or anything close to it.
Finally this was their "shipping & returns" page (tell me if something seems a bit off with the red section, lol)-

Total Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you are not happy with a purchase you make at our stores, simply return it in its original condition, with proof of purchase, within 30 days and we’ll give you a full refund or replacement.*

Customers are advised that refunds and credit notes will only be given where proof of purchase (receipt, credit card statement, etc) is provided. To qualify for a refund or replacement, products need to be complete with all components and original packaging.

Conditions apply to some products:
Refunds and exchanges cannot be given against Audio/DVD and Computer Games. Should one of these products prove to be faulty it can be returned with your receipt within 30 days and we will exchange it for one of the same title.

Unwanted Food or Drink Products – Once supply conditions are broken, there are a number of factors outside of our control that can affect the quality of a product. Therefore perishable goods such as food and drink cannot be returned.

For reasons of hygiene and safety, personal grooming products, cosmetics or items of intimate clothing cannot be returned.

Mattresses, mattress toppers, duvets and pillows can only be returned if they are unused, in the original packaging and in a resaleable condition

All things about this site point to fraud.

I cancelled my PP account in 2015 due to their abuse of others. Recently, despite having no PayPal account, they charged my credit card account with a nearly $2,000 "money transfer" to a person I had never heard of and have never had any contact with. When I contacted them, they replied that I habitually made cash teransfers from my PayPal account - which I have not had since 2015. I have never made an online or wire cash transfer. Never. My bank canceleld the charge, and PayPal tried foiur times, unsuccessfully, to get them to reinstate the charge. They then emailed threatening to "block" my non-existent PayPal aacount and to report my failure to pay to the credit reporting agencies, which I invited them to do. At that point, they backed off. Too bad. Suing the bastar_s would have been fun.
I know your comment was a year ago, but what ended up happening? Was it actually PayPal trying to get the charge to go through, or a scammer? I watch tons of Scam Baiter videos on YouTube and have learned SO MUCH about scams and what they can do. Now I'm suspicious about everything besides website I know and trust. I get texts and emails from scammers from saying my "Norton anti-virus " subscription has been renewed and a PayPal "invoice " to ups or usps or even FedEx has my "package " at their warehouse and can't deliver. They all are just phishing scams trying to get you to click a link or call a number, and if you do they go to the next stage of the scam. If you ignore and block they do nothing, they have sent hundreds of thousands of those emails or texts to find gullible people. The fake knife websites have almost gotten me too though, those are a bit easier to believe I think. Since you searched for them. I just HATE scammers and think they are the lowest kind of criminals

Back