• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife scam sites (knifesilo.com and others)

Different billboard but same players.
tailoredblades.com

Drop-shipper at best.

Here's another scammer website: knivesfolding.store

They do not sell Victorinox knives.

"knivesfolding.store is known for providing Quality, Superior Customer Service and Product Selection."

"ADDRESS
3039 Anderson Ave
Manhattan KS US
66503"

>"Crank Brothers," SELLING: EXPENSIVE BIKE PARTS: If it is too good to be true, then it probably isn't true. But crank-brothers.com has some great deals. However, also seems fishy... Anyone have any experience or knowledge about it? Thanks.

> The "14 19 Merchantile" SELLING APPLAINCES, HOME DECOR, JEWELRY AND GIFTS: Shopkeeper, Susan Doughty, is a pleasant hostess, making you feel at home; never rushing you or making you feel as though you’re a bother. I finally settled on a charming tea set to celebrate not only Valentines Day but the release of my new book.

1419 Mercantile offers eclectic home accessories and gifts to customers wanting to create a personalized home environment. We cater to customers who look beyond the national home accessory and gift chain stores for those expressions of individual personality and style. 1419 Mercantile will inform, inspire and show you, our customer, how to create an expression of yourself within your home.

>"HOMEFISKARS.COM": "COOKWARE, KNIVES, SCISSORS"

>"shirtslady.com"; Women's Clothing Discount STore"

>"Mountain Project": climbing gear/ropes

And on and on it goes. Anything that might draw in the suckers.

"knivesfolding.store is known for providing Quality, Superior Customer Service and Product Selection."

"ADDRESS
3039 Anderson Ave
Manhattan KS US
66503"

>"Crank Brothers," SELLING: EXPENSIVE BIKE PARTS: If it is too good to be true, then it probably isn't true. But crank-brothers.com has some great deals. However, also seems fishy... Anyone have any experience or knowledge about it? Thanks.

> The "14 19 Merchantile" SELLING APPLAINCES, HOME DECOR, JEWELRY AND GIFTS: Shopkeeper, Susan Doughty, is a pleasant hostess, making you feel at home; never rushing you or making you feel as though you’re a bother. I finally settled on a charming tea set to celebrate not only Valentines Day but the release of my new book.

1419 Mercantile offers eclectic home accessories and gifts to customers wanting to create a personalized home environment. We cater to customers who look beyond the national home accessory and gift chain stores for those expressions of individual personality and style. 1419 Mercantile will inform, inspire and show you, our customer, how to create an expression of yourself within your home.

>"HOMEFISKARS.COM": "COOKWARE, KNIVES, SCISSORS"

>"shirtslady.com"; Women's Clothing Discount STore"

>"Mountain Project": climbing gear/ropes

And on and on it goes. Anything that might draw in the suckers.
Hi Thomas

Have you bought from them? Curious to see if anyone had any other issues.

I bought from them recently and their Paypal check-out is bogus which I ended up using the credit card check-out thinking that it was down. After purchasing, it directed me back to a different merchant website and then I received a receipt from them listed a totally different merchant again. I did get the PayPal email for my receipt but it was again from a different seller so I ended up calling PayPal and now it's under investigation. After, I checked the address, and it did not match the business and their PayPal address was not verifiable.

The next day, I received an email from another different merchant stating that my order was on the way which I never bought from. There were 4x different merchants that I saw

IMHO - Do not buy on this website...way toooo risky. Luckily, PayPal credited me back.

I cancelled my PP account in 2015 due to their abuse of others. Recently, despite having no PayPal account, they charged my credit card account with a nearly $2,000 "money transfer" to a person I had never heard of and have never had any contact with. When I contacted them, they replied that I habitually made cash teransfers from my PayPal account - which I have not had since 2015. I have never made an online or wire cash transfer. Never. My bank canceleld the charge, and PayPal tried foiur times, unsuccessfully, to get them to reinstate the charge. They then emailed threatening to "block" my non-existent PayPal aacount and to report my failure to pay to the credit reporting agencies, which I invited them to do. At that point, they backed off. Too bad. Suing the bastar_s would have been fun.

Last edited:
thenewknifeshop.com probable total fruad

Thenewknifeshop.com website appears to be totally fraudulent. I contacted one of the distrubutors for one of the knives and they said that the add was a total rip off of the Spyderco site and that all of those new knives were out of stock 4 years, unless part of a stolen batch or lost in some back room. The prices alone should have convinced me that "too good to be true" is a valid point.

He contacted another distributor whose limited edition Benchmade was listed on thenewknifeshop site and they said that the site had stolen one of his personal pictures and listed a product that was an exclusive that only he sold.

Unfortunately, i had already made an order and used Paypal. The payment was not directed to thenewknifeshop.com but an individual named Penelope Carl. I sent two emails, both thru the site and the Paypal address that was paid. they have not responded to multiple emails. Paypal originally said that the money would be paid April 9 or later, but it was taken within minutes. Paypal said that they couldn't do anything but request a refund from Carl. haha. I called Fidelity, the credit card issuer. They immediately canceled my card and said that they would notify Paypal of the fraud. Hopefully, Paypal can get the funds back.

OR AT LEAST CANCEL THE ACCOUNT SO THAT OTHERS WON"T BE SCAMMED.

"Sanfordcustomknives.com - Non Delivery Scam​

Fake gun and ammunition scammers are posing as online retail storefronts and aiming to steal your cash and personal information with too-good-to-be-true ammo deals and offers. Scammers will ask for payment by insecure means such as Paypal (Friends and Family), Zelle, CashApp or even Bitcoin. They will refuse secure methods of payment such as cash in person or GunTab.com

GunScams.com aims to disrupt these scammers by exposing their fake websites online so that you can learn to avoid them.

Non Delivery Scams like Sanfordcustomknives.com follow a simple format which allows the criminal to steal money from their victims in multiple ways.
The criminals will first create a website or online page from which they will "sell" their goods. They will often offer weapons for sale on gun forums.
The scammer will then introduce you to the secondary "shipping" website which will have been created by the scammer. These websites can be very professional and will allow you to log in to see your item being shipped.
The scammer can then charge you for multiple other items such as made up import permits, police fees, etc.

Sanfordcustomknives.com​

Sanford Custom Knives - Custom Made Knives For Sale"

Thanks for the post here on this. I'm John and I am the maker at Sanford Custom Knives.

I was alerted by a person on fb about the site. I noticed several new friend requests to my group (of the same name on fb) and didn't really think anything of it, even though I have not been active in years.
The person messaged me to ask if the site was legit and I immediately knew something was up.

I don't have a website. I am actively trying to get the site taken down, but I'm getting the run around trying to figure out which hosting service actually has it.

I just got a phone call from a person trying to get the knife they ordered....

What a nightmare.

I was searching for a discontinued knife this morning & came across these guys. Well, after googling them I think I dodged a bullet. Just a heads up, don't buy from "Optics and Ammo".
Here's their BBB report, plus there are a few Redditt threads about him & his 175+ lawsuits.

Does anyone know anything about Knifefamous.com? Looks suspect a lot of especially hard-now-to-find Case knives at what appears to be too low to believe prices!

Does anyone know anything about Knifefamous.com? Looks suspect a lot of especially hard-now-to-find Case knives at what appears to be too low to believe prices!

I see a couple typos, and no address or phone number listed. Pair that with hard to find knives and too low to believe prices and I wouldn't take a chance on them. What's that old saying about if it's too good to be true?

Back