• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife Scribes are ready

I have the knife scribes available now for sale on my web site.

* Easily adjustable down to 1/32 of an inch.
* Solid Steel construction.
* Carbide Scribing tip.
* Comes with a Hex Key for the scribe
* Dimensions: 2 1/2 x 1 x 1/2

$32.50 each

scribe.jpg

Thanks
Bill
http://bkgtools.medawebs.com

Bill ist that shipped or plus postage?Thanks Butch-put me down for one--pm me

never mind I figured it out-doh-Thanks Butch

Last edited:
its $39.45 after shipping. I just ordered one, I have been looking for something like this. this seems to be as good as I have seen yet.

Bill ist that shipped or plus postage?Thanks Butch-put me down for one--pm me

-Josiah

got mine today and it works great, thanks.

off topic, I have the same jet buffer that you have a picture of on your site, I was wondering why you have a bag over the buffs?

Thanks for the scribe,-Josiah

Got my scribe today and the folder making fixture last week.
Beautiful craftsmanship and a great guy to do business with.
Thanks Bill
BB

got mine today and it works great, thanks.

off topic, I have the same jet buffer that you have a picture of on your site, I was wondering why you have a bag over the buffs?

Thanks for the scribe,-Josiah
You are welcome! Glad it's working out for you.

I have a small one room shop so it's difficult to control the dust. Those bags you see are disposable shower caps that I put over the buffs to keep the flying dust off them. When I go to use them, they are nice and clean. Well at least as clean as I left them.

Thanks again.

Bill

Bill are you gonna bring any of these to IG's?? If you do I'll take one.

Thanks,
Nathan

Toeburner, are you going the the NCCA Show with Ron and me at the end of the month???
Bill, will you have some at your table????:D

Scribe arrived today - this will certainly help a new guy. Thank you.

Regards,

Bill in Tulsa

Bill, I plan on buying one of these from you at the NCCA show this coming weekend, so make sure you bring enough ! =D

I bought one, it arrived the other day, and am very impressed with the tool! :thumbup:

Hey Folks,

Please forgive me this question. What is the advantage of using a scribe like this over just using your calipers?

I learned to just measure the thickness of your profiled and surface ground blade, deduct the thickness of the edge you want to have left when done grinding (for the HT, maybe about .006 or so), divide the difference by two, set your calipers to it and run it along from both sides for scribing a pair of nice lines.

Do you do something similar with this scribe? What's the advantage. It sure looks cool.

Thanks, Phil

Back