• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifecenter.com legit?

Hi guys, I was wondering if knifecenter.com was legit or if they'll screw me over. Is it legit?

Thanks, guys,

Bo

Yes, KnifeCenter.com is legit.

They are also a BladeForums supporting vendor in good standing.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Also an excellent site to explore. They tend to provide good pictures, measurements, and a few decent reviews for each offering, to help you decide what to buy.

I think knifecenter was the first online retailer that I've ordered knives from. Been using them since the late '90s.

Im glad that some people have had good experiences with them, but I have not. Many people here on BF have been stiffed by there "restocking" fee. ....even for returning factory defects.

Knifecenter customer support is spotty, and prices definitely aren't the best, but they're legit. I'm not sure any other on-line distributor carries more brands then they do, so if you want something obscure they're a good place to check.

I have ordered from them in the past. They packaged my stuff up properly and my orders arrived without any issues. I wouldn't order a preorder or out of stock item from them or any other web store. You might get your order drop shipped from their distributor straight to you, get it in a month, maybe it will be in limbo until you cancel your order or receive an email that it is no longer available. Not really their fault, they do a decent job on their end.
If something was in stock and I liked the price I'd buy from knifecenter.

Bought two knives from them in the late 90s. Quick shipping, good prices. But when I had questions about the products, they were grumpy as a tick. That was a long time ago, though, and online retailing was a different biz. Fewer reviews, spottier detail on products. I'd still recommend them.

Zieg

They are a great place to buy knives from. If you sign up for their points system, you can get some good stuff with them. I have got lots of free knives and goodies. I have blown lots of knives though too, but that would have happened anyway!

Knifecenter customer support is spotty, and prices definitely aren't the best, but they're legit. I'm not sure any other on-line distributor carries more brands then they do, so if you want something obscure they're a good place to check.

Bought two knives from them in the late 90s. Quick shipping, good prices. But when I had questions about the products, they were grumpy as a tick. That was a long time ago, though, and online retailing was a different biz. Fewer reviews, spottier detail on products. I'd still recommend them.

Time does not heal all wounds it seems; their CS is probably no better than it was when you dealt with them 20 years ago.

I'm neither a customer or related party, but, in my humble medium, knifecenter has definitely put in its work as a online vendor establishing it's standing as a medium, or one standard, in the industry by which to compare with any other. Like Amazon with everything else, knifecenter is a good starting point of reference. Won't find this data on Amazon, I can tell you.

Can't say anything about the customer support, which I say is important, knifecenter does do the math, putting out the available knives, future products, details and as mentioned, reviews by way of videos. Sure, there are a lot of reviews by many aficionados, but how many from large sellers, aside from BladeHQ, the other large presence and they do make themselves known and available, as they should.

I guess I'm saying it's as legit as a business model as it can get for a vendor. Just imagine how much better then can be, profitability, if CS had been pleasant.

I've had a number of good transactions with Knifecenter, but I wouldn't recommend preordering anything from them. I don't think they cap preorders based on how many units they'll get, so they oversell and if it's low volume you're likely to not get it. Had a few orders fall through this way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I like knife center, I pre-ordered and S110v PM2 and didn't have issues with that either.

Back