Knifecenter exclusive Manix 2 cruwear with carbon fiber

I just noticed it looks like the cf os smooth unlike the s90v sprint. Im hoping its peel ply but the pics dont look like it

To me at somewhat looks like the carbon fiber on the sage 1, but who knows. I might prefer a smoother design on the manix 2 since it has so much jimping on it for traction already.

Why's this one so cheap? most CF scale sprints are minimum $200

I placed my first pre-order with KC. Funny thing is I got the email notification and the 'pending charge' on my cc, but the charge disappeared within a few hours. Normally pending charges stay posted for several days. Hope they come through.

Pre-order placed. I chose this over the Maxamelt that is currently available.

It's a steal at the price, with carbon fiber and premium tool steel!

So out of curiosity in the community are things like this viewed as more collector or user?

So out of curiosity in the community are things like this viewed as more collector or user?

Depends on who you are. This one is cheap enough to be a user imo, but others may disagree. I know a lot of people desire higher end steels, and when mixed with a knife as awesome as a manix (or pm2 as another example), sometimes you don't have a choice but to use your beloved special edition knives, since it mixes a favorite design with a great steel.

looking at the specs i wonder if the liners are drilled out!or not,there showing its weight at 4.0 oz so its lighter than the standard manix witch would lead me to believe its drilled out!but this is a grab for me,not a fan of pre ordering,but to good to pass on.

cruware with g10 manix2 was over $200 iirc... again how is this with carbon fiber and cheaper? are they just making more of them? or trying to deplete cruware stock?

looking at the specs i wonder if the liners are drilled out!or not,there showing its weight at 4.0 oz so its lighter than the standard manix witch would lead me to believe its drilled out!but this is a grab for me,not a fan of pre ordering,but to good to pass on.

The liners are heavily skeletonized, such as those found in the sprint run verisons of the manix 2, but they all run at 4.2oz. This one is even lighter due to the carbon fiber scales. Win win win

I'm a bit curious to see the smooth carbon fiber... if it's like the old Native 4 or Navaja material, or what?
I'm personally a bit sick of carbon fiber, honestly, but you don't see smooth offered much at all recently, so that's kind of neat.

I'm guessing the cost of Cruwear has come down, and tooling to work with it has become more commonplace, allowing prices to come down in the end.... compared to Maxamet for example, where materials cost is high and manufacturing is still more of a challenge.

My Cruwear M2 has served me quite well, so I'm glad to see it offered again for others to get their hands on and enjoy!

Any first hand accounts of how Cruwear stacks up against m4 and CTS XHP? I have knives I the latter two steels but not the first.

Manix2 CRU-WEAR Carbon Fiber is in stock exclusively at KnifeCenter for $164.97.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP...de-carbon-fiber-handles-knifecenter-exclusive

SP101CFPCW2nh.jpg

SP101CFPCW2t.jpg

SP101CFPCW2ta.jpg

SP101CFPCW2tb.jpg

Back