KnifeHead..NO WAY! and other Blade activity.

F this!! I've made it to 6 or 7 in a row, then missed this year. That's not going to happen again! Ever. I know about Thursday night, the insanity of the drawing, etc, but I really missed it. Sorry I didnt get to meet Riad, Mike, Vince, some of the other "new" guys. Next year I'm buying the beer. Right John? When I talked to Halfrich, he sounded like a kid on xmas morning. I missed having that feeling this year. You all suck.

Ed you Were UBER MISSED
I'm going through Separation Anxiety from all The Ho's

this was the seen captured with my phone

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 79
The Wilfred Works crew is all back home safe and sound...uhhhhh definitely safe :p ... from our travels from Atlanta. RandyW still has a few hours travel to the North end of the state.

At the moment, I'm too pooped to go into great detail about the freakin riot that is Blade. I'll second the eye withness accounts that have already been given by some of our esteemed BF bros. Much fun was had by all. I'm going to get organized and post some pics tomorrow. If you know I took pics of yer ugly mugs and you don't want me to post it then send me a message and I will spare everyone. :D

What a wonderful crew we have here, an extended family(if you will), of great caring and sharing people. You folksies ROCK! :D

We are glad you made it back, what would the Bose Ho's do without you? It was a blast, now I gotta get back to planning next years trip.
Jim

Speaking of Mug shots, will this one do?
attachment.php

Dude! If you had to carry those big hands around with ya, you'd be grumpy too. :D

Honestly, I have no good explanation for that look.:eek::confused:

Looks like you just realized you forgot to pack your Ukelele, Kerry!!!

Classic sensory overload, you're shell shocked Kerry! Don't worry, it'll all be OK now that you're back. Thanks for sharing the pics with us unlucky saps who couldn't make it. I got a double whammy: I couldn't make it, and Thomason beat me out of a "couldn't make it to the show knife" barlow:mad::D:D
That is a beauty Thomason, congrats!:thumbup:

Eric

Well, I've just read through each and every post in this thread and I don't think it could've been stated any better (or even too much!)

This was an awesome show on so many levels it's really hard to put it in perspective.

While I was fortunate enough to come home with some knives that fit what Gus calls the "blues knife" profile, the true highlight of the show was the people. Friends old and new, previously met or only via the internet.

There was a lot of good mojo going around at the show with many of our forum members performing truly gallant acts of kindness and generosity on a variety of levels from knife drawings to dinners up to and including the pub crawls.

I was the recipient of some of that generosity myself at the Chamblin table (thanks Riad and Campbell) as well as the dinner table (thanks Mike Robuck) and a table or two in the saloons (you know who you are. Vince, make sure to give Scott another attaboy for me if you would.)

It was great to put some faces to the "handles" that many of us go by here on the forums and to have some of those former "handles" turn out to be real folks who may very well become lifelong friends. (And the same applies to several who use their "real" names as well. You guys all know who you are and I thank you one and all for making my experience all the more enriching.)

I was fortunate to spend a lot of time during the show with a couple of knifemakers and their wives, and a dealer who have now become friends I'll look forward to seeing and spending time with in the years to come. Thanks Jerry and Janice Halfrich, Mike and Barbara Zscherny, and Lee Grogan.

So, thanks to you all, new and old friends for making this one of the best shows ever!

Oh yeah, the knives:

A Case 70's 4 Dot Lockback. (Jigged wood, spearpoint). Thanks Randy W!!!

A vintage Winchester Double-End Premium Jack. Thanks, Waynorth!!!

A single blade 4" Saddlehorn by Joel Chamblin in jigged bone. Thanks, Riad and Campbell!!!

A 4" Halfrich "Pocket Hunter" in dyed stag and a 3 5/8" single blade stag Swayback by Mike Zscherny. Thanks, Lee Grogan!!! (and kudos to Mike for making that beauty.)

And finally, thanks to Jerry Halfrich for a 4 1/4" stag Winchester pattern that had my name all over it and your willingness to spend countless hours at the show talking knives and vorpal edges!

(My usual poor images and brief writeups on the knives to follow in a day or two.)

Hope everyone makes it home safe and I'm looking forward to doing it all over again next year! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I didn't take many pictures and the ones I did take didn't come out very well since I turned the flash off.

Kerry: "Ya, I make the best damned knives at Blade, what of it?" (There were sugar levels involved with that statement.)

IMG_0605.jpg

Culpepper: "Dear Santa, sorry about bopping the squirrels with a broom handle, but other than that I've been very good and deserve a Bose knife in the drawing." (Lee Grogan next to James.)

IMG_0607.jpg

Elliott (Blues): "Whatya lookin' at? You lookin' at me? Fuggetabout it!"

IMG_0610.jpg

Last edited:
There Were Sugar Levels Involved!!!

;););):eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

A few more.

Reese Bose and Kerry: "Not bad Reese, but let me give you a few pointers on how you could improve on that knife." (Check out how high the drawing cards are in this picture. They got even higher before the drawing.)

IMG_0612.jpg

Nuthin but trouble: Charlie (Waynorth), John Hanlon (2Toes), Jim Todd, Campbell.

IMG_0614.jpg

Danna Hampton, Reese and half of Kerry's face. Danna is thinking "Why don't they just call this a knife cult and then all of them can move to an abandoned farm in upstate New York?"

IMG_0611.jpg

Just another one of Campbell, Blues, Madame Tozaki and Ryuichi Kawamura and Gus. Now I know them, Thanks Elliott:)
attachment.php

What is it with Campbell and the Bunny ears?
attachment.php

Last edited:
The others are Madame Tozaki and Ryuichi Kawamura.

John Bartholomew in orange shirt, RandyW in the middle and one of the hottest knife buyers at Blade this year (as voted on in the pit by a jury of his BF peers) Riad Nasr (RAN). Riad to Randy: "Hey, Randy see that ivory knife over there? She is a beauty, a lioness and I will make her mine!"

IMG_0615.jpg

The Bose drawing: "Whose name did they just say? What knife did he/she win? Is it hot in here or do Bose knives always make you sweat like a pig on the way to the slaughter house?"

IMG_0618.jpg

Kerry and Elliott trying to block me from seeing the Bose drawing. I'm pretty sure my name got called a couple of times, but the freeze was on by veterans.

IMG_0617.jpg

Everyone having fun, but I am the one with biggest smile on face, lookie at what is circled in yeller.
attachment.php

Outstanding show and tell amigos! Thanks so much for sharing these great pictorial memories. Hope we get to see a bunch more here.

You rock Mikey! :thumbup:

You know, I got to admit...Blues and Gus look like pretty nice guys...who'd a thought it?? :D

Back